Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J. Sharadha
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J. SharadhaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 28 year old married I got married 1 n half year back I have a baby also .i having problem of premature ejaculation I using some spray for more stay can you tell me other thing to increase sex duration so that I can satisfy my partner fully as I daily used to sex min 2 time and some time more. Is oral sex is good for health?
I am 40 older I have this problem premature ejaculation with in minute please advice I try to do stop and start but still am facing this problem am in good health no Bp, no diabetes. I married I had son too please advice good medicine without any said affect. Thankq.
I have sex problem, when I penetrate my penis is hard but within a minute its get softer and size also decrease again I have to use my hand to get it harder but within 30 second its become soft and get released, please tell me solution.
I am a 23 year old unmarried suffering from ringworms (itching) under thies and hips area please suggest me something, as I had many treatements and medication but this problem is occuring again and again.
It is important for you to both take care of your body and love your body. At times due to certain factors our body does not perform the way we wants it to. There are various phases of sexual activity that include attraction, stimulation, excitement and peak. These stages usually come in close sequence and follow a normal course until the sexual peak ends in sexual orgasm. Yet, this process can be hindered by a condition known as premature ejaculation that many men suffer from. Premature ejaculation happens when a man ejaculates sooner than required or planned, in the process of sexual activity and intercourse. This usually happens within a minute or so of penetration. There are a variety of causes for this, starting from biological to psychological. Read on to know more about these causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction: This condition is one where the male patient experiences trouble during sexual encounters and experiences. As per this condition, the patient will have difficulty in mustering up and thereafter, retaining an erection for satisfactory sexual intercourse. This condition can also contribute to premature ejaculation.
- Chronic Health Issues: Many male patients who are suffering from chronic health issues are at
- serious risk of developing premature ejaculation in the long run. These health issues range from diabetes to heart disease. Due to these diseases and ailments, the patient may feel considerable stress or even may not be able to ejaculate later in the process of intercourse.
- Anxiety: Anxiety is one of the primary reasons for such physical problems that one experiences during sex. These patients may be suffering from anxiety due to their performance in bed, or they may be anxious about a new relationship or partner. This anxiety can lead to a state where the patient is not able to fully enjoy the act of intercourse and ends up ejaculating prematurely.
- Relationship problems: Another issue that many male patients suffering from this condition face includes relationship problems. These problems can create trouble in the sex life of the patient due to which sex may not be happening on a frequent or regular basis. Due to this, the ejaculation may also suffer, leading to further stress.
- Biological Issues: There are a number of biological problems due to which men may also experience premature ejaculation and other related health issues. Abnormal hormonal levels and an imbalance in the state of one's hormones can lead to this condition. Also, there are instances where the neurotransmitters of the brain enjoy an abnormal level of activity which can lead to an abnormal reflex reaction in the ejaculatory system of the patient. Nerve damage can also lead to this condition.
- Thyroid: Male patients suffering from thyroid problems have also reported instances where premature ejaculation becomes a problem.
This condition can also be an inherited one. It is best to take a professional opinion and seek therapy for treatment.
Whooping Cough (another name for Pertussis) can be termed as an infection to the respiratory system caused by the bacterium Bordetella Pertussis (B. pertussis). It generally affects infants (below one year of age) and who have not yet been immunized; also kids between 11 to 18 years of age whose immunity graphs are on a downward spiral.
What are the Signs and Symptoms?
Initially, whooping cough produces signs and symptoms that may just seem to overlap with those exhibited during the average cough and cold; mild coughing, sneezing, runny nose, low fever, etc. These persist for about a week or two and then slowly, there is the onset of the dry, irritating cough which again turns to prolonged coughing spells. The child’s face may seem flushed with a purple hue. The child may also vomit or make the distinctive whooping sound at the end of one such spell. Breathing difficulty can be another issue.
What is the Diagnosis?
The doctor performs an initial check-up followed by tests of mucus sample from the nose or throat. The mucus is checked for the presence of the Bordetella pertussis bacteria. To make a more thorough diagnosis, a blood test is also advisable.
What is the Treatment?
Hospitalisation might be required in case of acute distress. Respiratory support may also be provided if required. If there is intense dehydration, intravenous (IV) fluids may also be administered. As this disease is on account of a bacterial infection, antibiotics will be needed. But these will just treat the immediate effects and the cough cannot be completely done away with.
What can be the Possible Complications?
The possible immediate complications include:
- Brain Damage
- Haemorrhaging in the brain
What can be the Prevention?
Vaccination is needed in order to prevent whooping cough. The vaccines are advised to be administered at the age of two months, four months and six months respectively. The 1st booster dose is to be given at 16 to 18 months age and 2nd booster dose is given on 5 year completion of age. An optional booster may be given at 10 year age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.