Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ImaranYour feedback matters!
Are there any long-term effects associated with Taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity Disorder) medications? If so, what are they and What medications are implicated?
Has your child been coughing frequently? Is the cough chronic in nature, making your child breathe rapidly and does he/she complain about a tightened chest? These symptoms signify that your child is having asthma. Asthma is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. It is common in children and an affected child experiences difficulty in breathing, and a whizzing sound is produced, especially during expiration. Asthma may lead to severe health complications and needs immediate diagnosis and treatment.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of asthma is based on the symptoms, medical history and a physical examination of the child.
The different modes of asthma diagnosis are as follows:
- Medical history and symptoms: You must tell the doctor about any history of breathing trouble with your child or whether there are chances of other inherited health conditions. You must explain your child's symptoms properly, which may include coughing, wheezing, chest pain or tightness and others if observed.
- Physical examination: A physical exam will be carried out in your child where the doctor will listen to his heart and lungs, and look for eye or nose allergies.
- Medical tests: A chest X-ray of the child has to be carried out, along with a simple lung function test known as spirometry. This test measures the amount of air present in the lungs and determines how fast it can be exhaled. Spirometry enables a doctor to determine the severity of the asthma. Some other tests are also carried out for the identification of asthma triggers. They include allergy skin testing, blood tests and X-rays to know if sinus infections are affecting the asthma. An asthma test determines the amount of nitric oxide in your child's breath.
Treatment: Based on your child's severity of asthma symptoms and his medical history, the doctor will provide you with an action plan to treat the same. This action plan explains all the medications your child requires, the dosage and schedule of the medicines. The plan also includes points on what to do when the asthma worsens and when an emergency treatment is required. Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to children who require bronchodilator medication. All asthma medicines used by adults can be used in case of children but in lower dosages.
You should give the asthma medications to your child using a home nebulizer or a breathing machine. A nebulizer delivers asthma drugs by transforming them from liquid to a mist. The child gets the drug by breathing it via a face mask.
In order to control and manage asthma in children, they must avoid the triggers and should keep away from any source of smoke. A doctor must be consulted to know about the best diagnosis and treatment methods.
1)Following vaccine injections the child may have soreness, redness, itching, swelling or burning at the injection site for 24-72 hours. Don't rub or maasage the effected area.Application of ice bag will provide some help.Paracetamol might be required to ease the discomfort.
Sometimes a small, hard lump (nodule) at the injection site may
persist for some weeks or months. One should not get worried for this and it does not require any treatment.
2)Post vaccination rise in temperature is very common. Give extra fluids to drink. Do not overdress the baby if hot. Although routine use of paracetamol after vaccination is not recommended, if fever is present, paracetamol can be given. The dose of paracetamol for a child up to 12 years of age is 15 mg/kg/dose, every 4 to 6 hours, up to four times a day.
If fever persists for longer duration,swelling/redness progressively increases or child becomes irritable/ behaves abnormally consult your pediatrician for evaluation.
Dear Doctor, I am not able to do Breast feeding. My breast is not producing enough milk for my baby. I am just 3 days after my delivery. Dr. is there any medicine to produce milk so that I can do breastfeeding to my baby. Please help me.
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.
I gave wheat rava today 1st time to 11 month boy baby. He is doing loose motion now at one time. Is not safe to give him. How?
Dry cough. I will have cough problem regularly but for a small interval it will not be there but again it starts. What should i do?
The bonding between parents and baby is complicated and often takes time to gel. While some dads connect with their baby within the early days of birth, it may take a little longer for others and that s perfectly normal. Fathers often assume that the mother will naturally have a stronger bond with the baby than you will. As long as they spend more time with the baby, a bond will develop between the two of them. Certain things that you can do to strengthen the bond between your baby and your partner are as follows:
Develop a baby bond by spending time: Start early and make him talk or sing to your pregnant belly often. This establishes a strong connection before the baby is even born. This helps your newborn to recognize the tone and pattern of each of your voices, later on.
Develop skin contact: Make him hold the baby whenever possible.Stroking their back or rocking them gently in arms invokes a sense of protection and comfort in your baby's mind. This is the best way to bond. The best is when the baby ends up sleeping and resting in the arms of the father. The baby starts to feel secure and comfortable in their presence.
Tell him to help you: Ask him to help you with bathing, dressing, and changing diapers of the baby. A father's involvement in the baby's life is essential. It not just helps the mother but also makes the father an active participant.
Let him burn the mid night oil: Let him to take up the night duty. Ask him to pick up and bring the baby to you for feedings and then take the baby back for burping. This would not only enhance their bonding but also let help you relax a bit.
Let him joke around: Fathers can soothe a crying baby extremely well. Babies pacify instantly, when the parents make funny, silly faces to make them smile.
Encourage a baby's day out: Babies love fresh air, let your partner carry and take them out for a stroll around the block.
Encourage touch: Babies respond to touch. Let him give the baby a massage for 10 to 15 minutes by gently rubbing their legs, belly, arms, and neck.
Be there: Encourage him to make it part of his daily routine, to set aside time every night to play with your little baby.
Attachment is an interactive process. You don't have to be a perfect parent all of the time in order to bond with your baby. Just do your best, and don't worry!
My daughter while going to sleep make her leg cross over the leg and tighten the hand and make some noise. This only when she goes to sleep as she is normal eating urine and walking even talking as she is 18 months old. Please advise.
Mere bete ki umra 2.5 saal hai. Yah 6/7 din par 1 baar letrin karata hai or wo bhi khul kar nahi kar paata hai. Thoda sa sukha huwa potty karega or thodi der baad phir chillayega ki potty karenge. Yeh kaam dinbhar thoda thoda karke phir 6/7 din tak nahi karega. Angrji dawa ya homeopathy dawa khila kar dekh liya gaya hai koi bhi dawa khaane ke 2 din baad khulkar 2 dino tak lagatar poty karta hai phir wo dawa bhi kaam nahi karti phir 6/7 dino baad wohi problam ho jaati hai. Jabki mera beta paani bhi kubh pita hai. Please aap bataye hum kya kare.
Doctor: we have baby girl of 2 years old. She had the hard stool problem since 7-8 months, whenever she doesn't pass it on someday. She tries to hold it every time n next day it hardens. Paediatric gastric doctor prescribed pegmove powder for 3-4 months. We are using it from past 4+ months, also using prune juice for softening stool. Whenever we stop pegmove, it hardens again. One main reason is she still doesn't sit when she gets sensation n holds it. We started making her sit in restroom from past few days. Can we use pegmove for longtime? Please let us know how do we proceed further. Thanks.
Dear Sir, My Daughter having Tonsils & Every month 1 or 2 day blood bleeding 5 to 10 drops in left nose, first time blood bleed at age 2, we consult doctor, dr. said operation have to done, but she is very young you come back after 3 years. now she is 7 years old, please suggest me what will be done. Thank you
Hi doctors, My baby is not passing motion for past three days. He is four months old. He is taking both bf and ff. Is it normal or should I need to consult doctor.
1. Infant oral health exam, which includes risk assessment for caries in mother and child.
2. Preventive dental care including cleaning and flouride application as well as nutrition and diet recommendations.
3. Habit counselling like pacifier use and thumb sucking.
4. Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite.
5. Repair of tooth cavities or defects.
6. Management of gum diseases.
7. Care of dental injuries for examle-fractured, displaced or knocked out teeth.
My two years daughter fell down on the ground on 26.04. 15 & amp her femur bone break in two piece. X ray karne par diagnose hua ki bone thodi si ek dusre ke upar joint ho gayee hai kya future mai bone mai koi problems to nahi hogi.
Hi doctors, my baby is 3 months old, he is having severe diaper rashes. I almost applied every possible thing (diaper rash cream, diaper rash powder, coconut oil). Please help.
How to Dry Baby's Hair?
Baby towels often have a hood attached to it that can be used to gently blot your baby's hair. Do not rub as the baby's hairs are fine and very delicate and vulnerable to damage. Also, never try to blow-dry a baby's hair, as babies' skin is very much sensitive than an adult's skin and can be very easily burnt. Their hair also dries very fast on its own.
How to Comb Baby's Hair?
Comb your baby's hair with a soft-bristle brush or a tooth brush that won't snag on tangles or pull your baby's hair. Avoid headbands or ponytails, as they pull your baby's hair back too tight, which can damage hair.
Cradle Cap-Should I worry?
Cradle cap refers to the fleshy, red flakes on the scalp of baby. This is not harmful but some may be bothered by it. Before a bath, massage a little bit of coconut oil into your baby's scalp to loosen the dry skin. Gently rub the oil into your baby's scalp with a ultra soft brush or wash cloth to release the flakes. Always wash your baby's hair with a gentle baby shampoo. Cradle cap should get better on its own. If it sticks around or spreads to the face of baby, or neck or other parts of the body, you should see your doctor.
What Oil should I Apply on My Baby's Hair?
Many new parents try to apply baby oil in the newborns scalp under the impression that it will lead to hair growth. This is a biggest misconception. Baby oil actually causes dryness of the scalp and clogs the pores of the head. Often the cause of cradle cap in babies is the usage of the baby oil. For healthy hair growth it would suffice coconut oil is applied onto your infant's hair and scalp.
When should I Plan the First Haircut?
There is no particular set time for a first haircut as it will not harm hair growth of the baby. Whenever you feel your child needs a trim, you should go ahead and get it done.
Why my Baby has Bald Spots? What Should I Do?
Sometimes babies have bald spots on their head because children lie in the supine position most of the time. Encourage the "tummy time" when your baby is awake, to allow their head to round out and prevent bald patches.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.