Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Herojit Singh
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Herojit SinghYour feedback matters!
I am not able to walk for a long as my knee start to pain, along my lower back a lot of pain when I bend myself slightly for a whole. Can not comb my hair for a long as my arm feels tiredness. A small interest in sex. I have done USG of abdomen that shows renal calculi of 6 mm and mild non alcoholic fatty liver. I am taking Notrip 20 mg for lost three most.
I am married. I feel very exhausted as soon as I go to bed and does not feel like making love daily. Though my wife remains excited everyday I feel enough energy to do only once in two or three days. And when I go to bed I feel pain in my toes and heels and also when I get up in the morning. What shall I do get back my energy?
I am 35 years old man but I felt like 55 years. Always feeling very tired and leg pain. I can't actively do my work. Please suggest me to active.
Back problems are no longer restricted to people above a certain age. With today’s fast paced and sedentary lifestyle, spine related disorders have become very common. In fact, a lot of youngsters nowadays are being diagnosed with slipped discs, which can be very painful if not attended to immediately.
Slipped disc or herniated disc is a condition of the lumbar region of our back. It occurs when the tissue cushioning our vertebrae in the lower region is ruptured. It causes intense pain as the fluid that comes out of the ruptures vertebrae that irritates the nerve endings in the area.
If not treated, it may aggravate and have to be resolved through surgery. However, if checked in time, exercise and oral medication can help you overcome this problem. There are certain medications available in the market that can be taken after consulting a doctor.
Here are a few tips that might come handy if you suffer from slipped disc:
- Hot/ cold compresses: To alleviate the pain caused by the herniated disc, you can use hot or cold compresses on the lower back, in consultation with your doctor. Cold pack will help you to bring down swelling in the area while warm compresses are useful for relaxing tense muscles. Remember, none of these packs should be used directly on the skin, but should be wrapped in a towel before use.
- Exercise: Even if it sounds preposterous to some, exercise is one of the most effective ways to combat the problem of slipped disc. It may be slightly painful, but if done slowly and steadily, it can give you great results. As per your doctor’s recommendations, you can indulge in swimming, yoga, biking or walking. Pelvic tilts and butt squeezes are effective as well. However, avoid lifting weights or any other exercise that puts pressure on the back.
- OTC medication: Your orthopaedic may prescribe some over the counter drugs to relieve inflammation and pain caused due to the herniated disk. However, refrain from long term use of analgesic medicines as they may cause side effects, such as stomach ulcers or problems in the kidney or liver.
- Alternative treatments: Holistic treatments, such as acupuncture, acupressure, nutritional and supplements too are some methods to get rid of the pain associated with slipped disks. However, the effectiveness of such methods is debatable.
- Time: Time is a great healer and especially conditions, such as slipped discs should not be rushed, as it can cause more harm than good. The right amount of rest, exercise and medication, along with a few lifestyle changes will ensure that you return to your normal self soon enough!