Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harish JayaramYour feedback matters!
My son was given the first dose of rotasure. But the second one on 10 week was not given as rotasure is not available in bangalore. What do I do now? The dose was due on 12th nov.
My son is 4 years old, he have adenoids for the past one year. I'm giving medicines (cold and sometime antibiotics also). Is that safe to give medicines for these many days?
My baby boy DOB 10/5/16 (8th month running) his weight is 7 kg is he healthy Or weak? please suggestion me. Weight badane k lye kya kr skte he?
I have twin daughters. They are now 19 months old. They don’t eat ANYTHING. Whatever we offer them they refuse to it ya muh se nikal deti h… They still wakes up at night, due to hunger. They drink only milk (buffalo milk) they have low iron level (21.3 and 19.4) and low hb level (10.3 and 10.2. Kindly help me what should I do.
You can continue breast feeding till 2 yr of age but after 6 month of age you can add supplementary food in addition to breast milk..
1) rice water. Dal water
3) fresh fruit juices
4) fresh vegetable soup
5)pasteurized top milk
Consistency of above mention food should be liquid initially and then gradually switch over to semi solids as age advances..
Give with spoon & bowel..
Bottle feeding must be stopped..
Mangos are good for health or not 2 yers baby we have given to mangos then which type of health issues we have faced.
Asthma is a very common condition that is quite often 'miss' diagnosed. Asthma presents as breathlessness, it is also called as wheezing, due to the typical sound that is often present. The lungs help us breathe in the air , there is a phase where the air goes in called inspiration and when the air comes out its called expiration. Asthma typically occurs when the air pipes or tubes through which the air goes in and comes out gets narrowed. When this happens , there is increased resistance to the air flow and this resistance causes the wheeze or sounds that are associated with the condition.
Some people are more prone to Asthma than others , those with a general tendency of allergies tend to be more at risk for developing asthma. Since the narrowing of the air pipes reduces the air flow, there also is a change in the gas exchange which happens in the lungs, when the gas exchange is suboptimal the body feels the need for more air and this is characterized as breathlessness. Sometimes a person might also have a cough along with the wheezing and this can be misdiagnosed as a respiratory infection when there is none, unless there is a clear-cut evidence of infection that too of bacterial origin Antibiotics won't be useful. ( because a large number of viral infections can also be there).
Many people when they have a cough and breathlessness walk into a drug store and buy an antibiotic or cough syrup and self-medicate. This can be very harmful, developing antibiotic resistance means the next time there is an infection the less likely the antibiotics are likely to work and secondly some medicines can themselves increase the risk of asthma or wheeze.
The treatment of Asthma is very simple, there are very good inhalers that help the tightness or narrowing of the air pipes to be relieved in a matter of seconds, so if you think you have asthma consult someone who can diagnose it correctly and help you live more productively.
My baby is vomiting immediately after breast feeding. Why this happening? Is this cause any problem?
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.