Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GowrishankarYour feedback matters!
My body color is fair but my hand and face color is black to compare the body color my cousin body color is dark but face color is white compare to me I can not understand this different please suggest me the best skin lightening cream for my oily skin type.
Sir mere Face par bahoot jyada black spot hai or mahaso ke sir mai kya karoo maine bahoot sare creame or tub lagave but no efect.
Sir, my face is very oily. In the period between the nose and the eye is stained and the light is Rona. The size of the open pores of the face is also grown significantly. please help me.
Hi doctor. I am suffering from boils in underarms from many years. Repeatedly coming. Please suggest me treatment.
From 3 months I am suffering from itching in my whole body and swelling on of face my age is 45 I am female when I get swelling on my face I become ugly I look like 80 years my children get frightened to see my face I am much worried please help me.
Hello sir, I have a white bump on my nipple but it does not pain or itch. What might it be? Please tell me.
I am losing my skin glowing. I try many facewash and cream but not work. Please can you tell me what can I do.
I have scars on my cheek region, neck, shoulders and upper back. They are not acne scars. What product is easily available in the market and is cost efficient?
I have rashes on my face and my skin becomes very less moistures in specially in summer's what to do tell me some tips care off my skin.
Hello sir, good morning. Mera naam kaushik h me 27 years old hu me theoter artis. Hu. Sir meri skin city me fair rahati but jab me apne villeg jata hu to skin 1 month me sawali kaali ho jati h jab ki village me sun me nhi niklta to bhi kaali ho gae Kya ye aisa q hota h? Or ye wapas pahale jaisa fair ho jayega kya city me aane ke baad ?plz repply.
I am 24 years old female and on my face black spots are increasing day by day but these are not moles. Everyday I use sunscreen but it is not effective, my skin is very sensitive so kindly advice me any homemade treatment. One more problem is hair loss, front side hair of my scalp decreasing day by day kindly give me any advice also for it, only homemade. thanks.
How to get rid of pores on my nose? I want my nose to appear smoother. I have tried many methods including expfiolating twice a week but without any result. Any solution for this?
I have pimple marks on my face. N blemishes. Tried all different things frm face washes to creams to even household remedies. Any quick n simple soltn? Skin type: oily skin.
I have black spots under right eye&forehead. What I should do &give me d permanent solution to reduce the spots on my face. Thank you sir.
My daughter is suffering from urticaria since past 10 years. She already had taken many medicines but no relief. Please suggest something.
Stretch marks, as the name suggest; appears when the skin is over stretched. These marks can also appear when the body loses its ability to stretch (use of certain steroids). Both the conditions affect the skin elasticity. As a result, white, red (turn pale over a period of time) or purple streaks appear on the buttocks, armpits, stomach, thighs and chest.
Many factors influence the appearance of stretch marks, also known as Striae distensae:
- Elevated levels of Cortisone hormone (produced by the Adrenal gland) play a pivotal role in the appearance of stretch marks.
- Stretch marks are common during pregnancy. As the foetus grows in size, the skin tends to stretch more and more. This stretching provides sufficient space to the developing foetus. A hormonal imbalance can also mark the appearance of stretch marks during this period. In some, the stretch marks appear after pregnancy.
- Stretch marks are sure to appear when a person experiences a sudden change in the body weight (weight gain or loss). These marks can also be seen in children who are in their growing phase (teenagers).
- Use of Corticosteroids (steroid hormones produced by the adrenal cortex) can leave your body with the unwanted stretch marks. It is advisable to use corticosteroids (pills or cream) under medical supervision.
- Stretch marks may be an outcome of some genetic disorders such as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Marfan's Syndrome. Striae distensae can appear in people with Cushing's Syndrome (the adrenal gland produces the hormone, Glucocorticoids in excess)
Stretch marks often affect person's confidence. Most people find stretch marks extremely annoying and embarrassing. They try every possible trick under the sun to camouflage and get rid of the unwanted marks.
The stretch marks are generally harmless and can be treated:
- Drink plenty of water. It is important to keep the skin hydrated. Bio oils, Vitamin E enriched oils, certain creams, can effectively fades the appearance of stretch marks. Use of moisturisers containing Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter will speed up the fading process.
- Loss or breakdown of collagen protein (fibrous protein) can result in stretch marks. For stretch marks that are not very old, Tretinoin cream comes across as a huge relief. Application of Tretinoin cream helps in the restoration of collagen protein. For pregnant women, it is best to avoid this cream.
- In case the stretch marks are a little older, a person can go for Microdermabrasion.
- Another great technique is the Pulsed Dye Laser Therapy. This therapy works by enhancing the growth of elastin and collagen protein.
All the preventive measures and treatments can help to fade the stretch marks. However, none can guarantee complete disappearance of the marks. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.