Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gowri
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of No Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Birth Control Treatment
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Pregnancy Symptoms
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Cervicitis
Submit a review for Dr. GowriYour feedback matters!
I am having irregular periods on last 4 yrs. I consulted many doctors but my problem was not cure plzz give me aa suggestion plzz.
I am 16 years old and I had an unwilling and unprotected sex. I had taken an unwanted 72 within 24 hours. I had bleeding right after 10 days and now it's been a month and my normal period date is delayed by 1 day. Is it a problem? Or what should I do now? I'm so tensed!
I am not getting periods since last month I had protected sex and also checked with home pregnancy test which shows negative. I had periods on january last week. Had protected sex on mid February. Now am expecting periods till date. No symptoms of periods. Suggest me whether I should use unwanted kit?
The Chennai floods this season have broken all records. The city has not been hit with a rainstorm of this degree in about 100 years. The entire city is reeling under the effects of this flood, with many becoming victims of diseases and injuries as a result.
Floods in your city can increase the spread of waterborne diseases such as cholera, typhoid, Hepatitis A etc. Not only that, the transmission of vector borne diseases such as dengue, malaria and chikungunya increases as well. Severe flooding can even lead to accidents such as electric shocks. However, there are certain precautions you can take to avoid these potential health hazards.
1. Avoid flood waters as these may have been contaminated with sewage and remains of animals
2. Boil water before consuming it or using it to cook food
3. Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before eating, and drinking and always use a disinfecting soap
4. Avoid water coming from wells until it has been treated
5. Throw away food that has come in contact with flood water, whether it was refrigerated or not
6. Throw away food that has been standing at room temperature for more than two hours or smells foul or has changed colour and texture
7. Make sure you cover and treat any open cuts or wounds
8. Bathe regularly
9. Make sure you use mosquito repellents at home and on your clothing and skin
10. Don’t touch open wire or sockets or let them come in contact with water as it can cause shocks
11. Don’t allow your pets to go outside as they can become hosts of vector borne diseases
12. Throw away accumulated garbage and debris as they can turn into a breeding ground for rats and mosquitoes
13. Make full use of vaccination facilities
By adopting these simple measures, you can safely avoid the most common types of health hazards prevalent during floods.
The frequent, passionate portrayal of shower sex in movies gives most people the idea that it is an everyday occurrence. That couldn't be farther from the truth. While shower sex helps stimulating fantasies as well as disinhibiting and developing your sexuality, mentioned below are a few reasons why one should take precautions while performing this sexual act or avoid it all together. Lastly, a lot of people find it difficult to have sex in the shower, so if it doesn't work for you, don't blame yourself.
Cons of Shower Sex:
1. Slippery floor- All of us know that slippery and damp places are accident prone areas and the shower is no different. Both the partners must keep in mind a few precautions before getting all hot and heavy under the shower. Owning a non-slip rug is essential and goes a long way to avoid twists, cramps, shocks and painful fall glides that may break or seriously injure your arms or legs.
2. Condoms- It is best to stay out of the shower while having sex if you still use condoms because no tests have been conducted to see if condoms can withstand soap, shampoo or any other type of cleansers mixed with hot water. It could get away with water, increasing your risk of pregnancy.
3. Lubricant- Shower sex can be very uncomfortable for women because the water washes away all the natural lubricant produced. Moreover, for women (usually those who opt for birth control pills) who cannot produce enough lubricant, shower sex can be painful.
However, there are silicon based lubricants in the market that make having sex in the shower easier and more comfortable. Do not use water based lubricant because the water can wash it away easily.
4. Security- Being secure is a very important factor when it comes to having sex in the shower so that one doesn't harm or injure himself or herself while in the throes of passion. Only the wall should be used as support. During such sessions try to hold on to something that is firmly attached to the wall to improve support. Do not seize railings, pipes, shower curtains, etc. as they may break or come apart. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!