Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gangadhar
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. GangadharYour feedback matters!
I am a 31 old male. For the last couple of years I am having bad breath. I dont' know the reason why. When I wake up in the morning the bad breath smells very strong but after brushing my teeth it goes away then I take my breakfast at 8 am in the morning then everything seems fine for 2-3 hours but after start working in office near about 11 am it comes back again and stay untill I am having supper I am afraid to talk with my friends these days because of my strong bad breath. Please help me to diagnose this.
I have been facing problem of bleeding gums for over 2 years now. 1.5 years back I went to my dentist who told me that there is a lot of tartar in your teeth and I must get the scaling done. I agreed. My dentist then told me to get scaling again after 6 months. After scaling the problem of bleeding gums reduced. However, I felt the spacing between my teeth increased. So I did not go for scaling again. Now again bleeding gums problem has aggravated. Whenever I brush, blood comes out no matter how slowly I try doing it. Whenever I eat apple etc blood stains the fruit. I recently went to some dentist and she told me that there is 5mm tarter in my teeth. She told me that my wisdom tooth is not able to come up because of the plaque. Please suggest me what should I do.
I am facing dry mouth problem specially in the night the tongue becomes very dry resulting disturbed sleep. I am 68 yes old taking sufficient water. I have high B.P but under control through medication and also have high creatinine of 1.7. Can you suggest some way.
Bad breath is a condition that is also known as Halitosis in medical terms. It is mostly caused by the sulphur producing bacteria that lurk around beneath the surface of the tongue. This is what produces the foul odour. These bacteria grow with the help of protein that gets deposited in your mouth, and may develop even faster when there is poor oral hygiene at play. The causes of this protein deposit may include food debris, bleeding, mucus blood, infection and disease in the gums or oral tissues.
So how can you naturally combat this bad breath problem? Read on!
- Oral Care Products: Your very first step should be to change your oral hygiene products like toothpastes and mouthwashes in order to bring in products that are specifically used for fighting bad breath and the related causes or problems. Brushing and flossing at least twice a day, or even after every meal is an absolute necessity that one must not compromise on.
- Fibre Rich Food: It is important to have plenty of fibre rich food as this helps in preventing bad breath or Halitosis since the fibre content is known to flush toxins out effectively.
- Junk and Processed Food: Food that has too much of sugar or artificial sweeteners and food that is packaged and processed with artificial flavourings and emulsifiers, can be bad for the digestive system in general. This kind of food also tends to create bad breath and should be avoided in case you are already suffering from this condition.
- Medication: it may come as a surprise to you that there are certain medicines like antidepressants and diuretics that can lead to side effects like drying of the mouth, which in turn can cause a problem of bad breath. So, it would be recommended to steer clear of this kind of medication for a while until the bad breath problem abates.
- Tea: Drinking green and black tea can be beneficial for people suffering from this condition as both these types of tea happen to contain substances known as polyphenols that can help in fighting oral bacteria and sulphur compounds. Apart from this, one must also drink plenty of water in order to keep the mouth fresh and to help the digestion work in a better.
- Dentures and Braces: If you happen to be wearing dentures and braces, then you may want to clean these regularly and maintain good oral hygiene so that you do not suffer from bad breath.
Bad breath can be a confidence killer and one should get it checked in case it is a persistent and prolonged problem.