Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. G. SharmilaYour feedback matters!
Dear sir, I have fibroid size 11 cms. Gynec gave me medicine ulipristal acetate called" esmya" for 3 months (jan to march 2015) to stop blood supply & shrink fibroid and cure anemia hb was 5.5. My hb is now normal at 13. But not had my periods from february. Also the fibroid shrink only 1 cm. Now doctor wants to surgery" uterine artery embolization" which can cause reaction to procedure & permanently cause menopause. Big risk. I am 32 years, unmarried and want to have children. Please help.
I am a 29 yrs old lady.Due to a dance program next month I am thinking ok taking Premolute N to postpone my periods.My last month period date was 14th feb 2015.And according to my cycle it will b on 14th or one to two days later on March which is clashing with my 15 days dance programme .So I have to take Premolute N for those 15 days.Is there any harm my taking that medicine for somany days and moreover then my normal preiods will b taking place nxt month that is April and that means after one month gap.Is it harmful? Please suggest.
Hi, I was having pain in my breast and my breasts become a little bit hard so it is normal or it have any problem please help me what can I do to get relief from this pain.
Painful or difficult intercourse is either caused by psychological or medical factors, such as dyspareunia. It is commonly known as painful intercourse due to various reasons and persistant pain in the pelvis region is a sign of it.
What causes dyspareunia?
The causes of dyspareunia can vary, depending on when the pain occurs; during deep thrusting or penetration. Sometimes, emotional factors contribute to the cause as well.
1. Entry pain
Pain during penetration may be caused by the following factors:
- Insufficient lubrication: Inadequate foreplay can result in insufficient lubrication. Breast-feeding, menopause or childbirth can also cause inadequate lubrication.
- Irritation, trauma or injury: This includes irritation or injury from pelvic surgery, an accident, female circumcision or episiotomy (incision made at the time of childbirth to expand the birth canal).
- Skin disorder, infection or inflammation: Infections in the urinary tract or genital organs can result in painful intercourse. Skin problems such as eczema can also add to dyspareunia.
- Vaginismus: Uncontrollable vaginal wall muscle spasms can make penetration extremely painful.
- Congenital abnormality: Problems during birth, such as lack of a fully-developed vagina or underdevelopment of the hymen are some underlying causes.
2. Deep pain
Deep thrusting can be attributed to the following causes:
- Certain conditions and illnesses: These include ovarian cysts, haemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, cystitis, uterine fibroids (benign growths in the uterus), retroverted uterus (uterus that is tilted), uterine prolapse (a condition characterized by the uterus sagging from its usual position), pelvic inflammatory disease and endometriosis (uterus lining tissues growing outside one’s uterus).
- Medical treatment or surgeries: Medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation or surgeries like hysterectomy (a surgical technique to remove either a part or whole of the womb) can result in dyspareunia.
3. Emotional factors
- Psychological problems: Depression, anxiety, body image issues, relationship problems or intimacy fears can affect arousal and result in pain.
- Stress: Pelvic floor muscles are affected by stress. This contributes to pain during sex.
- Past sexual abuse: Dyspareunia commonly develops in women who have been abused in the past.
The symptoms of painful intercourse include:
1. Pain only during entry (Sexual penetration)
2. Any penetrative activity is painful; even inserting a tampon becomes painful
3. Sudden sensation of pain, especially if sex before was painless
4. Deep pain while thrusting
5. Aching or burning pain
6. Throbbing pain, persisting hours after sex
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Since my friend had miscarriage at 6 weeks, it is safe to have intercourse after 1 month using protection or she shud avoid it for next 3 months?
Sir or Madam I am getting pain on side of the breast that means down side of the neck while I am laughing I am getting pain some times I will not get but sometime I am getting pain why I don't no please tell me any. Medicine what to use for this pain tell me the name of the medicine I will use please tell me I can't bare the pain will I am laughing I am getting pain.
I have 3 children. No white discharge. Periods normal but before 8-10 of periods itching starts lastly and irritates me. Sugar test done it was ok.
Vulvodynia is a condition which causes severe pain in the opening (vulva) of the vagina without any apparent reason. The pain might be chronic in nature and can go on for years. Vulvodynia might affect your emotional health in the long-term and cause anxiety, depression and disrupted sleep patterns, if not treated immediately.
Doctors are still unsure regarding the exact causes of Vulvodynia. But there are few factors, which can increase your risks of suffering from this disorder:
- If you have a sensitive skin or have any past history of previous vaginal infections, you might be susceptible to vulvodynia.
- Vulvodynia might also be caused due to past injuries around the vulva.
- Sometimes, hormonal changes might also cause Vulvodynia.
- This disorder can also occur in women who have previously suffered from recurrent instances of sexual abuse.
The symptoms of Vulvodynia can be acute or chronic in nature with the pain being confined to one particular area or around the entire region.
The treatments for Vulvodynia aim at regulation of the symptoms. The most common treatments for Vulvodynia are:
- Your doctor might prescribe a specific dosage of steroids or antidepressants to get rid of the pain. Prescribed dosage of antihistamines might help to cure the itching sensation.
- You can apply a regulated amount of ‘Lidocaine’ ointment around the vulvar regions thirty minutes before sexual intercourse.
- You can also opt for pelvic floor therapies as they might provide relief from significant pain in the pelvic floor muscles resulting from vulvodynia.
- If the pain is centralized around a particular area, you might opt for vestibulectomy to remove the affected tissues and get rid of the pain.
पूरा प्रोटीन ना होने के कारण संक्रमणों के खिलाफ प्रतिरोध में कमी, घाव भरने में देरी और बीमारियों से ठीक होने मे देरी हो सकती है। आहार में पर्याप्त प्रोटीन्स के बिना एंटीबाॅडीज़ का निमार्ण नहीं हो पाता और रोग प्रतिरोधक क्षमता कम हो जाती है।
जब हमारे शरीर में प्रोटीन की कमी होती है तो हम नॉन नूट्रिशनल और अन्हेल्थी खाने की तरफ भागते हैं। इन खाद्य पदार्थों में शकर की मात्रा ज्यादा होती है, जिसे कैंडी, चॉकलेट, पास्ता, चिप्स, और कोल्ड ड्रिंक्स। अगर आपको इन सब खाद्य पदार्थों को खाने का मन हो रहा है तो आपके अंदर प्रोटीन की कमी है।
अधिक जानकारी के लिए ssohm सर्च करे!