Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. G. SharmilaYour feedback matters!
Mam, I had safe sex on 9th july . My date is on 20th july . But on 17th july it occurred a little bleeding not as a regular. Is it a serious problem. I do not wanna pregnancy. Please tell me something.
I am five feet and seventy five kgs. I want to loose weight before conceiving or planning a baby. Kindly suggest practical and home remedies for working woman 10-8 pm.
Dear doctors we got married 8 months before still now my wife didn't get pregnant. I am having doubt after ovulation day we do sex for 4 or 5 days but after that if we can do sex or not. If we do sex after ovulation for my wife pregnant is possible or due to the sex pregnant will not happen. I want to clarify the doubt wat are all the time do sex without getting affect the pregnant please suggest me.
My wife is four month pregnant and she is currently suffering from kidney stone. Can anyone help me out for stone treatment which is also safe in pregnancy.
Hi. I am female of 30 years. I get urine infection very frequently. My doctor ask me to take i-tyza for 7days. I have also get pimple around the vaginal area. please suggest.
In anal sex on her periods? Its makes her pregnant or not? Or how can I sure that they r not pregnant of anal sex?
I am there, I hv 1yr 8 months old daughter. I want to stop breastfeeding. Can you suggest me some tips.
Hello mam I want to tighten my breast it was sagging am just 20 how to tighten my breast mam please help me mam is without exercise is it happens.
I am 18 years old girl. Weight 100 kgs. I have irregular periods. I happened to periods six month ago. This is happening again n again. What should I do.
Hello Doctor, I am 2 months pregnant. In Dino mujhey thakawat feel hoti h morning & evening me. or kabhi kabhi bhook nahi lagti h or kabhi kabhi bahut bhook lgti h. What should I do? Please suggest me. Kya mujay koi special diet laene chahiye.
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full-term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy. Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments. In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
We hace 2 child. Now my is pregnant from one month. We do not want other child. How to abort this pregnancy. Which medicine abort this.
I am 27 years old. My son is in the end of the 7th month now. He usually sucks milk only from right breast not at all on my left. So milk production is very less at my left side. Now I am not feeding On from my left, I feed only on the right side. Will this create any health issues to me? What I have to do now?
Hi, I am 29 years old and I have a 6 months old baby. I would like to check if I can take an I pill contraceptive incase if I have had an intercourse without protection. I am also breast feeding my baby. Kindly help to clarify.
Good evening doctors I am facing one problem from last year that while down before that time around for one week my discharge is coming with red drops and it's happening after down also. So it means my down cycle is around of 12 days feeling very sad and just tell me wat to do now.
I am a polysystic ovarian patient. Is there any chance to get conceived. I have take pills to periods. Does it affect badly for the baby.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.