Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Homeopaths online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Durga Prasad GYour feedback matters!
Sir I have a small problem On my nose I got a small pimple and its not going till 5 months onwards Give me a perfect solution to remove that.
I have depression problems, mood swings problems. I do anger without any reason, sometimes I start crying for a small reason. May be all these reasons for my depression and mental problems. I was a brilliant student till 10th standard and after I had changed city and my school. So that time I can't concentrate on my studies. At present m trying to get job in banking sector. I passed in many exams but can't face interview due to less of confidence. I am handicapped. May be it is second reason of depression. What should I do? Please help me.
I have problem of baldness and there is dandruf and itching too in my scalp please suggest smthing without side effects for curing this baldness.
Hello Sir/Ma'am I am 22 years old. I'am suffering from cough from last few years. Please help to over come.
I am suffering from headache from last 2 months. I have taken pain killers but they don't help. What should I do? The pain last for about an hour.
I sweat alot and it stinks very bad. I put deo also. I feel very depressed I am a girl I want to get rid of this problem.
I am 36 years old and have a joint pains for last 5 months. I have used pain relief ointment creams for couple of days but haven't got any relief. What should I do now?
How gain weight in 30 days. I'm thin I want to build muscles so tell me that can I gain weight in 30 days. If I can then please give me suggestions.
Endocrinology deals with hormones, hormone systems and hormonal disorders. The organs that come under endocrinology are pituitary gland, adrenal glands, ovaries or testicles, thyroid gland and pancreas. These organs maintain the chemical balance of the body by secreting hormones which regulate all the body systems.
Diabetes is the name for a group of diseases which are characterized by abnormalities in the absorption of glucose and blood sugar levels.
Relation between the endocrine system and diabetes:
The hormone insulin is secreted by the pancreatic beta cells called the islets of Langerhans. It is a peptide hormone that metabolizes carbohydrates, proteins and fats, stimulates the conversion of glycogen or stored protein to usable glucose and also helps the body cells to absorb the glucose. The movement of ionized or free calcium (Ca2+) is also somewhat dependent on insulin.
Insulin is secreted from the pancreas in two phases - the first phase occurs when blood sugar level is high and need to be absorbed into the cells while the second phase is associated with a slower production not influenced by blood sugar.
Types of diabetes and how they are affected by the endocrine system
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus: This condition is caused by underproduction of insulin by the pancreatic beta cells. It is called 'insulin dependent diabetes mellitus' (IDDM), since it is directly influenced by the hormone.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus: This type of the disorder is not directly dependent on insulin. It is usually caused by obesity and lack of physical exercise. The cells develop resistance to insulin and because of that blood sugar is not absorbed properly. This eventually leads to under-secretion of insulin.
- Gestational diabetes mellitus: Pregnant women might develop high levels of blood sugar even if they did not have diabetes in the past. This occurs due the changes in the regular hormonal cycles and secretion of pregnancy hormones and can result is complications and miscarriage.
Sub-specialties of diabetic endocrinology
- Diabetic renal disease: The kidneys filter the blood. If there are chronically high levels of sugar in blood, hormones like erythropoietin (regulates production of red blood cells) and renin (regulates blood plasma and fluid content) are not produced. As a result, the kidneys' capacity is reduced and waste materials build up in blood.
- Diabetic vision problems: Insulin problems may cause the blood vessels supplying the retina (light sensitive eye tissue) to expand or contract. This causes blurry and distorted vision and pain in the eyes.