Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak Kapur
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak KapurYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am feeling heaviness in my chest and pain in center bone of the chest. Have acidity and gas forming problem. Anything I eat starts creating. G gas in my stomach. I feel tired most of the time. I feel heavy while breathing and pain in left side of the chest. Doctor asked me to do a ECG and a chest X Ray and BP test. Which came normal. BP was 80/110. I am feel coughing after I eat. Its in throat. Its uncomfortable for me. Chest pain is in side of the middle bone of chest and it is like pin pointing something. I do sleep on my side and think that may be that is the pain but don't know. I have terrible digestion problem means gas issue and burps issue. Please guide.
You’re working at your desk, trying to ignore the tingling or numbness you’ve had for some time in your hand and wrist. Suddenly, a sharp, piercing pain shoots through the wrist and up your arm. Generally, there is a tendency among people to neglect it by thinking that it is just a passing cramp. But it could be a carpal tunnel syndrome. It is a narrow passageway of ligament and bones at the base of the hand. It contains nerve and tendons. Sometimes, swelling narrows the tunnel and causes the nerve to be compressed. Symptoms starts gradually. As they worsen, grasping objects can get difficult.
It happens due to excess pressure in your wrist and on median nerve. Few most frequent conditions linked with carpal tunnel syndrome are:
- thyroid dysfunction
- fluid retention from pregnancy or menopause
- high blood pressure
- fractures to the wrist
Carpal tunnel syndrome can be made worse if the wrist is overextended on a regular basis. Which may be the result of:
- positioning of your wrists while using your keyboard or mouse
- long exposure to vibration from using hand tools
- any repeated movement that overextends your wrist like typing
Women are three times more likely to have carpal tunnel syndrome than men. It is diagnosed between the ages of 30 and 60. Lifestyle factors that may increase the risk of carpal tunnel syndrome include smoking, high salt intake, high BMI (body mass index).
Symptoms are usually found along the nerve path. Your hand may fall asleep frequently and drop objects. Other symptoms include:
- numbness and pain in your thumb and the fist three fingers of your hand
- pain and burning in your arms
- wrist pain at night while sleeping
- weakness in the hand muscle
It can be diagnosed by physical examination and tests like nerve conduction studies. A physical examination includes a detailed evaluation of your hand, wrist, shoulder and neck. Doctors will look at wrists for signs of tenderness, swelling, or nay other deformities.
For non-surgical treatment, the options are:
- avoiding positions that overextend your wrist
- wrist splints that hold your hand in a neutral position, especially at night
- mild pain medication and medications to reduce inflammation
- steroid injections into your carpal tunnel
Surgery will be required if there is a severe damage to your median nerve. Surgery involves cutting the band of tissues in the wrist that crosses the median nerve which will lessen the pressure on the nerve. The outcome is usually good.
One can prevent carpal tunnel syndrome by making lifestyle changes that reduce the risk of developing it by treating diabetes, high blood pressure and arthritis. Physical exercises will be helpful as well.
Treating carpal tunnel syndrome early with physical therapy can lead to long term improvement and eliminate symptoms. Untreated carpal syndrome can lead to permanent nerve damage, disability and loss of hand function.
For most men, arousal’s not hard (pun indented). But there are some circumstances where things get awkward and sometimes, embarrassing. Read on to find the most easy ways to enhance arousal in men.
- Confidence: The most important thing for any man or woman to enjoy and have a satisfactory sexual life is confidence. Men and women both suffer from negative thoughts, especially when they have low self-esteem, body issues, stress or personal concerns. Leaving all that at the bedroom door and embracing yourself and your partner in the bedroom will result in an amazing sexual experience.
- Relaxation: This means relaxing yourself and completely getting lost in the moment. Dim the lights, open the bottle of wine, play music and get comfortable. While nervousness and anxiety can so easily ruin the mood, being calm and relaxed will enhance it.
- Communication: Communicating with your partner in terms of what you like and what you don’t, can make the experience more enriching for the both of you. Being open with your partner not only makes things easier but also helps you relax and enjoy the moment.
- Being patient and understanding: This is for both men and women; the only way to fully enjoy any sexual experience is when you’re comfortable with each other. Slow and steady wins the race. This means that you should take the time to know what your partner likes and doesn’t.
- Healthy lifestyle: If you think your penis is all you need during sexual intercourse, think again. If you’re not healthy, chances are you won’t perform at the moment. Smoking, alcohol consumption and drug abuse all lead to very poor sexual performance and so do poor diets, hygiene and lack of self-care.
- Exercise: Testosterone is an androgen which is produced in the testicles. It also plays a huge role in promoting sexual desire. Regular exercise helps increase testosterone production. Testosterone also helps in increasing lean muscle, burning fat and slowing the aging process.
- Supplements: Some of us may suffer from disorders or hormonal imbalances that may prevent us from reaching our desired sexual goals. There are pills and medications to help with that. Consumption of foods with aphrodisiac properties also helps in getting aroused and increasing sexual desire. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Fibroids actually refer to abnormal growth that develops in a woman's uterus. In majority cases , tumors are non-cancerous. Treatment may be necessary in women whose fibroids are large or are causing significant symptoms.