Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ChaitanyaYour feedback matters!
I brush my teeth twice a day but even after that it's becoming yellowish and seems as if they are not being cleaned. Please suggest me a remedy or how to clean.
I have blisters in mouth from about a month and they give pain when I eat something spicy? what should I do to get relief.
Hello I have undergone root canal of my tooth. It has been 2 months but still it has sensitivity; Though not always but often when I brush my teeth or while having soup etc. What should be the cause & the solution. Thanks.
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.
One of the brackets of my braces has come off from the tooth and is hanging by the metal wire. Is there a way to take it out on my own? I'm afraid I'm gonna end up swallowing it. Please help.
I have tooth ache from last 2 months. Nd pain is in the left side of lower teeth row while eating nd drinking. Nd sometimes without drinking or eating. Nd pain is also there in upper and lower teeth of right side sometimes when I drink cold water and sometimes without drinking water. What sld I do asap as I fixed an appnt for today to the dentist because I am not feeling good as I m having body pains also. Day after tmw I have my exam. Please tell the best solution asap?
Mere Teeth Main bhut jyada dard ho rha h. Down main last wala teeth. Mouth ka maas bhi uske upar rehta hai jiski wajah se wo kat jata h baar baar. Please help me.
How can i keep my teeth bright white i have taken a cleaning teeth treatment just a week ago suggest something again they are turning yellow also suggest how cn i keep them away from plaque collection at gums? :)
One of my teeth is paining from one week I thought that it is breaking so I also tried to break it but from that time it is moor paining What should I do!
I have gap between teeth. What should I do to remove it. I don't want to go for braces. That looks ugly.
This question is for my teeth. I am 24 years old male I have crooocked teeth since my childhood and now I have consulted a dentist to get braces and he says that in order to perfect teeth he have to remove my pre molar teeth because I do not have space in my lower jaw. So I am worried that removing teeth can cause gap or void that can not be fixed but he says he can but I am doubting it .so please tell me he is right.
I often get ulcers in mouth (Chhala in hindi), like once in every month. And it lasts fr about 10 days. Seems dat it has become chronic in me. Kindly suggest me a solution.
is a very important procedure
which should be done at least once a year.
It keeps gum healthy and teeth strong.
IT DOES NOT WEAKEN YOUR TEETH.