Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
I am loosing hair quickly and I use so many shampoos but there is no change in it. I have si many white hairs. So please can you help me.
Will using turmeric powder on hair for hair dying and dandruff problem, cause hairfall. What should be done for hair dying without having any damage to hair. please help me respectful doctor.
Tangled and dry hair cause a lot of anxiety to a number of people, men and women alike. There are however, several kinds of remedies available for rough and dry hair. To this effect, the markets are flooded with cosmetic products that guarantee assuaging hair damage. There are several factors that contribute to the increased roughness of hair. Nutrition deficiencies in diet, exposure to polluted water and dust feature among the most conspicuous reasons. Besides, use of chemicals and heat for styling of hair also substantially damages the quality of hair. Sufficient care is imperative to maintain the richness of hair. While many opt for expert treatments at salons, a few home based solutions always come handy while beating the bad hair day blues.
- Avocado: Avocado is perhaps one of the most trusted fruits when it comes to skin and hair care. Replete with essential vitamins and minerals, avocado work wonders in restoring the luster to your hair. Mashing avocado with an egg and then applying it on wet hair, smoothes dry and damaged hair.
- Butter Massage: Applying butter to rough and damaged hair a while before shampooing can repair the damage caused to the hair by pollution and chemicals and enhance the smoothness and shine.
- Olive Oil: Among the other curative traits of olive oil, one of the most testified qualities is its moisturizing prospects. Rubbing the hair with warm olive oil and leaving it for an hour before rinsing it off, may yield favorable results.
- Tea: As incredulous as it may sound, your good old tea can impart the much needed shine to your rough, dry hair. Using freshly brewed tea as a final rinse after shampoo can enrich the texture and the color of your hair.
- Mixing Egg with your regular shampoo: As a protein rich supplement, egg can provide your hair with the required about of protein and thus, work as a viable remedy for dry hair. Blending your regular shampoo with eggs can result in tangle free, smooth hair.
- Botanical oils: Oiling is one of the most trustworthy methods of hair therapy. Using oils made from olives, jojoba and almonds is crucial for restoring the luster and smoothness of hair.
- Mayonnaise: As appetizing it may be on burgers, Mayonnaise can be used as an important source of proteins for damaged hair. Massaging the hair gently with a dollop of mayonnaise before washing it off with lukewarm water has proven to be a useful therapy for dry hair.
- Banana and Honey Mixture: Being rich in the essential salts, Banana, when mixed with honey and hair oil is extremely beneficial to dry and damaged hair. Regular use can effectively restore the smoothness and shine of the hair.
- Beer: Beer is an excellent for conditioning of hair. It repairs and nourishes the roots of the hai.
Iam 25 years old female suffering from scalp psoriasis from last 1 yr. I have severe hairloss and itching. What shall I do now?
My friend is suffering from pimples from last 5 months. Big and small pimples and black spots. It was increasing and decreasing.
Mai skin light use karta hu lekin ab ese chorna chahta hu lekin jb chor ta hu tb mera skin black ho jata hai so plzz suggest me what can I do.
I am a 24 year male having oily skin and my one side of nose is having some black patches. How to remove it. Please help.
Hiii im male actually I have becm dark first I was fair. To regain my fairness of face n neck what should I do suggest me? Is der any good facewash and cream etc plzz help me out im so tensed.
I m eighteen years old I m suffering from hair loses and dandruff problems please give me some tips to control Dandruff's please reply fast.
Madam or sir. I am suffering from facial problem. I got rashes and big pores in my face which looks disaster when I go to the mirror. I do not get confidence to come in front of sun and meet any one. Sir or madam please give useful tips to overcome this facial problem. My face is oily.
Minerals are important constituents that the body needs for proper cellular functioning as every process of the body requires the presence and action of these elements. An imbalance in these essential elements can cause several health problems including hair loss. The various minerals have to be in harmony with one another as too much of a particular mineral can lead to an imbalance in another.
Causes of mineral imbalance
Coming to the causes, several reasons can lead to an imbalance in your mineral levels and these are:
Here are the minerals that your hair need.
1. Calcium - The first mineral that your hair requires is calcium. This vital mineral plays a key role in stimulating the growth of hair follicles. The foods that you can turn to for your daily calcium dose are nuts, almonds, beans, vegetables, etc.
2. Magnesium - Following closely after calcium and one which must be taken together with calcium is magnesium. Without the presence of magnesium, the consumption of calcium can be harmful for the body. Both these elements are used by the body in tandem. So, foods you can have to meet this requirement are cashews, milk, almonds and so on.
3. Potassium - Lack of potassium in your diet can cause you to lose hair as well. Increasing the intake of this mineral helps in removing the buildup of sodium around your hair follicles that interfere with the absorption of nutrients required for strong hair. Potassium can be obtained from bananas, whole grains, almonds, etc.
4. Zinc - Another element that helps in the growth of hair is zinc. This mineral is vital for DNA synthesis of hair follicles, helping them to divide and multiply. Seafood, pumpkin seed, avocado, etc can be good sources of zinc.
5. Iron - Iron deficiency can bring about hair loss. When there isn't adequate iron in your diet, your body consumes ferritin (a protein responsible for storing iron in your body tissues) found in non-essential tissue such as your hair bulbs, resulting in shedding of your hair before it is able to reach its optimal length.
6. Selenium - Inadequate selenium in your body can cause you to suffer from thyroid problems, and subsequently hair loss. Whole grains and broccoli are two selenium-rich food sources that you can take to help your hair to grow properly.
7. Copper - Copper plays a very important role in your hair health. It gives growth, colour and strength to your hair. Sesame seeds and seafood are options that you can take to meet your copper requirement.