Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ch L SowjanyaYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old girl, I my skin is very sensitive, since 4 years I have a problem of acne, pimples and their scars. I am taking a treatment still not getting result, after applying creams which is being prescribed, so many facial hairs grown all over the face like cheeks, forehead,chin. Please help me, prescribed some treatment n medicines to get rid of them. I am waiting for positive response.
I am facing hair fall problem. I try many oil, shampoo and other treatments but they not effect well. So tell me something suggestions.
I have a full hand tattoo from last 1 year and I want to remove it now so what the process are and how much the treatment gonna be cost?
I have some pimple marks &chickenpox mark on my face I want to get rid of this marks I want my face to be with out acne marks or acne.
Sir mera bhut zyada hair fall ho raha h so pls kuch tips bataye jisse hair fall hona stop ho jaye nd dandruff v hai .so pls pls help me.
I am just 18 and I am facing problem of early greying of hairs. And epic dryness. Please suggest something.
Itching in armpits and area surrounding private parts. Relief by ointments is temporary. Have to apply ointment like candiderma regularly. Can there be a long term solution? -
I have pimples on my forehead. After doing shaving there are so much pimples newly created on my face. What should I do. Suggest me solutions.
I am loosing my hairs from last year and I tried so many things. But it's not working. I don't know what to do. Please help me.
I have dandruff in all seasons I wash hair regularly to get rid of dandruff. Tried every home remedy nimbu dahi besan etc etc, every branded shampoo many medicated shampoo prescribed by dermatologist. But nothing works for me permanently. What should I do?
Minerals are important constituents that the body needs for proper cellular functioning as every process of the body requires the presence and action of these elements. An imbalance in these essential elements can cause several health problems including hair loss. The various minerals have to be in harmony with one another as too much of a particular mineral can lead to an imbalance in another.
Causes of mineral imbalance
Coming to the causes, several reasons can lead to an imbalance in your mineral levels and these are:
Here are the minerals that your hair need.
1. Calcium - The first mineral that your hair requires is calcium. This vital mineral plays a key role in stimulating the growth of hair follicles. The foods that you can turn to for your daily calcium dose are nuts, almonds, beans, vegetables, etc.
2. Magnesium - Following closely after calcium and one which must be taken together with calcium is magnesium. Without the presence of magnesium, the consumption of calcium can be harmful for the body. Both these elements are used by the body in tandem. So, foods you can have to meet this requirement are cashews, milk, almonds and so on.
3. Potassium - Lack of potassium in your diet can cause you to lose hair as well. Increasing the intake of this mineral helps in removing the buildup of sodium around your hair follicles that interfere with the absorption of nutrients required for strong hair. Potassium can be obtained from bananas, whole grains, almonds, etc.
4. Zinc - Another element that helps in the growth of hair is zinc. This mineral is vital for DNA synthesis of hair follicles, helping them to divide and multiply. Seafood, pumpkin seed, avocado, etc can be good sources of zinc.
5. Iron - Iron deficiency can bring about hair loss. When there isn't adequate iron in your diet, your body consumes ferritin (a protein responsible for storing iron in your body tissues) found in non-essential tissue such as your hair bulbs, resulting in shedding of your hair before it is able to reach its optimal length.
6. Selenium - Inadequate selenium in your body can cause you to suffer from thyroid problems, and subsequently hair loss. Whole grains and broccoli are two selenium-rich food sources that you can take to help your hair to grow properly.
7. Copper - Copper plays a very important role in your hair health. It gives growth, colour and strength to your hair. Sesame seeds and seafood are options that you can take to meet your copper requirement.