Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhaskar
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. BhaskarYour feedback matters!
I have just comes from a long journey from hills. I drove car for good 6 hours continuously today. Feeling numbness in fingers of both hands. Not able to find the reason. I have taken nice - 100 mg tablet. Also to mention, I was on vacation where I had good drinking sessions for 2 days. Drinks I consumed wine, whisky, white rum and Champaign.
I have migraine specially in daytime and when sm out under scorching heat of sun the migraine is tremendous.
Problems Related to Insomnia
Hi! I’m Dr. Priyanka Srivastava, a Psychologist, practicing in Noida.
Today, let’s understand What is Insomnia? Insomnia is nothing but the lack of sleep but that leads to, at times, in an individual’s stress and depression also.
What are the causes of insomnia? There are certain causes of insomnia-
- Mainly, it is due to mental disturbances.
- Any type of a body pain, uncomfortable weather, or the surrounding also leads to insomnia.
- Maybe, improper digestion, constipation, some disease, eating irregularity habits also leads to insomnia.
There are certain symptoms of insomnia.
- Irritability in our behavior.
- Problem in concentration, attention or a memory.
- Poor performance at our school or at work.
- Daytime sleepiness.
- Aggression or impulsiveness in our behavior.
- Lack of energy or the motivation.
- frustration about our own sleep.
Now, how do we get treated while sitting at our place?
- Do regular exercise but not late in the evenings.
- Avoid caffeine in all forms after your lunch time.
- Avoid taking naps during the day time.
- Have a nice long warm bath before you sleep.
- Try to drink warm buffalo milk with the honey in it before you go to sleep.
- Keep your room away from all the electronic gadgets.
There are certain other things that need to be done.
If you want to consult me online or offline, you can consult me through Lybrate.
In july 2017 I had undergone spine surgery, which has resulted into leg swelling and leg numbness in both the legs right from feet upto abdomen inclusive. Can you suggest some cure or remedy.
What are the symptoms for dengue fever? What are the symptoms for brain tumor? and some tips give me.
Hello sir my father age 63 feel continuous headache, giddiness,weakness and sway to right side fundus normal past 2 month. He has done mri brain and cervical on 27/10/2017 report are as follow. MRI HEAD-mri brain finding reveal a moderately enhancing t2 hyperintense intraventricular mass lesion seen in inferior aspect of 4th ventricle measuring approx 2.9*2.9*2.5 cms in size with swi hypointense calcific areas seen within lesion .the lesion causing mass effect with anterior displacement of medulla oblongata and obstruction of inferior aspect of 4th ventricle with moderate dilation of b/l lateral and 3th ventricle with csf ooze around both ventricle. There is edema in medulla oblongata. Differentials include subependymoma and ependymoma need clinical and histopathological correlation MRI cervical-Disc dessication involving cervical discs with osteophytes seen at the end of vertebra. There is posterior disc bulge involving C5-6 disc causing mild indentation of thecal sac. My father is diabetic and hypertension problem. Please help me and tell me surgery is safe in this age with diabetic and hypertension problem.
I am 25 years old female. Sometimes my hands and legs become numb mostly hands. Specially while sleeping or lying down. I am suffering from hypothyroidism (hashimoto'd DS), migraine, G6PD deficient.- History.
My mom is suffering from stroke for 8 years and her left side entire body is affected. Due to stroke she will not be able to feel anything in that side. She is taking medications regularly. For last 1 week she is feeling bad pain in the left side of her body. What's the reason and to cure it?
Sleep apnea is a sleeping disorder in which you experience frequent breathing pauses while sleeping. In case of some, the pauses may last for just a few seconds, while for others, it may continue for a few minutes. Sleep apnea is generally chronic in nature. There are three types of sleep apnea, namely Central, Obstructive and Complex sleep apnea. Central sleep apnea occurs if the brain fails to transmit signals to the muscles responsible for your breathing functions. Obstructive sleep apnea occurs due to relaxation of your throat muscles. Complex sleep apnea refers to a combined condition of both central and obstructive sleep apnea.
Some of the possible causes of sleep apnea are as follows:
- Blockage of airway during sleep can cause sleep apnea
- Putting on weight can cause obstructive sleep apnea
- In some cases, large tonsil tissues can lead to obstructive sleep apnea in small children
- Intake of certain medicines like Oxycontin or MS Contin can cause central sleep apnea
- Male people are more prone to sleep apnea
- Smoking is also a potent trigger for sleep apnea
- At times, high blood pressure can induce sleep apnea
- Suffering from sinus can also lead to sleep apnea
- Large neck size (more than 16 inches) may cause sleep apnea
In case of some people, sleep apnea might be an inherited condition.
The most common symptoms of sleep apnea are mentioned below:
- Sometimes, obstructive sleep apnea is accompanied by choking or snorting sounds.
- You may encounter breathing trouble while sleeping, leading to a disruption of your sleep.
- Maximum times, sleep apnea is accompanied by snoring.
- Sleep apnea leads to a dry mouth, which can disturb your sleep.
- You may feel dizzy during daytime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent specialist.
I'm 31 years old and when I got to sleep my right hand freezes and have pain in it feels like blood circulation stops. Moreover the finger tips also is to do any work. Please suggest me the treatment.
I am facing insomnia problems at night which keeps me tired the whole day. How do bring back my normal sleep?
I'm 31 male, have measured 142/92 bp, taking migraine plus and homeopathy too. Now regularly bp coming 120/80 avg. Till how many days I have to take this medicine.
Hi, I am 27 years old male, I have nerves problem, shivering problem. I feel fear and palpitation. In my schooling time did masturbation but stopped 4 years before. Can you please tell me any remedy for me?
I am suffering from epilepsy. My daily medicine is. 1.epilex chrono 300 mg 8 am 8 pm 2. Frisium. 5 mg sleep time. Can I. Use ?- 1. Pushp dhanva ras tab. 2.manmath ras. Tab. 3.birahat bangeshwar ras. Tab. Can I use this. Medicine?
After a hard day the only relief one has is to get a good night’s rest and drift off to the world of sweet sleep. You might find yourself wide awake at night, even when your body is extremely tired. This difficulty to fall asleep naturally is called insomnia. If this inability to sleep continues for a long time, it becomes a sleep disorder and can cause many physical and health issues.
Reasons behind Insomnia
The lifestyle of the twenty first century can be very demanding. A disorder like Insomnia can be easily triggered with various factors they include:
1. Emotional stress: The rollercoaster of emotions that one deals with had a huge effect on their sleep cycle. A stressed mindset will find it hard to be put to rest and as this unwanted stress continues each day.
2. Fluctuating hormones in a woman’s body: Women tend to be the victims of insomnia more often than their male counterparts. These changes may include conditions such as PMS, menstruation problem, pregnancy and menopause.
3. Use of caffeine and anti depressants: Excessive coffee drinkers might find it difficult to relax their brain, since the caffeine in tea and coffee keeps one brain alert, hence too much of caffeine consumption can be a cause of insomnia. Even smokers might face the same problem since the nicotine acts as an alerting agent.
4. Systemic disorders: Disorders like Asthma and Hyperthyroidism and other various medical conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, asthma, arthritis, allergies, hyperthyroidism and Parkinson’s disease can do the same.
Treating insomnia with homeopathy
The reason why Insomnia can be treated the best way through homeopathy is because this treatment is both free from any side effects and is quick in its effects as well in comparison to other conventional methods which induce artificial sleep that can have harrowing effects. On the contrary, homeopathy is a completely natural treatment that doesn’t include any artificial drugs and its small doses work just the right way.
1. Coffea Cruda is a homeopathic medicine that is most often used for treating insomnia of acute origin or when the disorder only lasts for a brief moment of time. As the name suggests it is made from coffee beans.
2. Nux Vomica is more suited when insomnia is due to the abuse of stimulants like too much of alcohol, coffee or nicotine. Other medicines such as opium, aconite, arsenic are also recommended by a specialized homeopath.
It is always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before taking any medication.
Doctor, My dad is 89 years old. He is taking levipil 500, mg, preva 70, mg, asthemin forte multi vit cap recommend by doctor. He is bedridden. No other ailment. I want him to recover, stand on his own feet. He should be able to walk on his own. He does not sleep during night. He gets irritated if i try to co op. What best medicines can you advice me for him pls?
1. Memory loss
2. Difficulty performing familiar tasks
3. Problems with language
4. Disorientation of time and place
5. Poor or decreased judgment
6. Problems with abstract thinking
7. Misplacing things
8. Changes in personality
9. Loss of initiative
10. Changes in mood or behavior