Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Pcod me mera period v band hai 2 mahine se. Avi tretment kara rahi hu. Kya ye thik ho sakta hai. Ovral l 21 tablet le rahi hu kya mera period ho sakta hai.
I had abortion. .when I was 2 months pregnant I got my periods next but it's been a week .the bleeding has not stopped. But it's not heavy also It's just like spotting? should I consult my doc?
I am unable to have sex with my husband. Each time he tries the insertion, I move him away because of the pain. This ultimately leads to a fight. Please help me. How should I prepare myself and avoid the pain?
Nicotine addiction or tobacco addiction refers to an acute dependence upon tobacco products primarily due to the presence of the nicotine drug. In other words, nicotine addiction refers to an inability to stop using tobacco products despite the knowledge and awareness that it is harmful to you. While nicotine only induces addiction, it is the presence of other substances in tobacco which makes it damaging and injurious to health.
Nicotine has the tendency to produce effects in the brain, both physical as well as mind altering, that give temporary satisfaction. This is precisely why people get hooked into the habit of tobacco consumption, which eventually leads to addiction. Unfortunately, stopping tobacco use immediately can also lead to several withdrawal symptoms, like agitation and restlessness.
The main reason why tobacco is so addictive is due to the fact that nicotine releases neurotransmitters such as dopamine in the reward centre of the brain, which in turn improves your mood and gives you temporary pleasure.
Causes of nicotine addiction can either be physical or behavioral, for instance situations or feelings, which make you crave for tobacco. These include:
- Specific times during the day, say after every meal or during breaks at work
- While defecating
- While drinking alcohol
- Stressful or depressive situations
- At the sight or smell of a burning cigarette
- Peer pressure
- While driving
Symptoms of nicotine addiction include:
- You are unable to quit smoking despite frequent attempts.
- You experience withdrawal symptoms after attempting to quit.
- You continue to smoke despite the awareness that it is injurious to your health.
- You forego social as well as recreational activities because of your need to smoke.
Related Tip: "Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health"
I am 21 year old student. Me and my boyfriend had sex last week and we didn't took protection. I need to take i-pill because of that. I started bleeding from next day. I initially thought it to be periods, but I already had my date starting of the month. I am scared and I need your opinion in this.
I got sexually active with my partner. I took an ipill within 30 hours he ejaculated in me. I had two days bleeding after 6 days. I generally have period of only 2 to 3 days. I have done two pregnancy tests. Both of them negative. But I have not received my periods although it's a week late. Do I stand a chance to ge pregnant. Please advice. Which are the symptoms to be notice in very early pregnancy. I feel normal generally.
I am 32 years old I have a girl baby 5 years old. I have severe ashthama can I conceive back. What are the precautions for being healthy during pregnancy.
She had physical relation on 3rd day after her periods over and on monthly cycle it's 8 th day. Is there any chance of getting pregnant. What are the symptoms of pregnancy?
I am 26 years, got married. Since 4 years suffering with PCOD problem. I want to know that I can conceive for baby.
I miss my periods. I take morning pill on 14 april then I have light bleeding on 21 april. Last time my period on 3 april and I also do home urine test it shows negative but my periods still not come.
I am a 27 years female with right overy cyst having irregular period from last 2 months its coming within 13: 15dayshad a ultasound n found cyst in right overy of 6. 33x4. 45mmdoctor said first we ll see by medicines it is dissolving or not if not thn sugry is nxt option what to do m v worried about it as had two misscarriages toowill it affect my fertiltywill the medicines will work?
What is the best diet for pregnant woman? What ought to and what not to eat. My wife is 5 months pregnant and she is 51 kg .is her weight ok considering her pregnancy. Please suggest me.
Is it natural to get belly bloated during menstrual days especially the first day when I get dysmenorrhea. Before menstruation starting also I had my stomach bloated to some extend. Basically I am not an obese or something but only my stomach appears bloated. Its due to what? Please reply.
Do use of contraceptives like ipill cause any severe side effect. Can it be taken after intercourse and does it give effective protection against pregnancy?
She is indulge in masturbation since she was a child may be 12 yrs, she used to masturbate 3-5 times in a week, as she grown up she tried not to do it bt still she did it for 1-2 time in a month, now she is 22 years old and she'll worried about the consequences, will she be able to get pregnant?
I had sex without condom. But my boy friend dropped d white water down still I ate i-pill but I didn't got periods immediately after eating periods. Please suggest me wat to do.
Following the same skin care routine year round may not work so well when the humidity drops. Without a change in your skin care, dry air can make fine lines and wrinkles more noticeable. Dry skin can itch, flake, crack, and even bleed.
To help heal dry skin and prevent its return, dermatologists recommend the following.
1. Prevent baths and showers from making dry skin worse. When your skin is dry, be sure to:
Close the bathroom door
Limit your time in the shower or bath to 5 or 10 minutes
Use warm rather than hot water
Wash with a gentle, fragrance-free cleanser
Apply enough cleanser to remove dirt and oil, but avoid using so much that you see a thick lather
Blot your skin gently dry with a towel
Slather on the moisturizer immediately after drying your skin
2. Apply moisturizer immediately after washing. Ointments, creams, and lotions (moisturizers) work by trapping existing moisture in your skin. To trap this much-needed moisture, you need to apply a moisturizer within few minutes of:
Drying off after a shower or bath
Washing your face or hands
3. Use an ointment or cream rather than a lotion. Ointments and creams are more effective and less irritating than lotions. Look for a cream or ointment that contains an oil such as olive oil or jojoba oil. Shea butter also works well. Other ingredients that help to soothe dry skin include lactic acid, urea, hyaluronic acid, dimethicone, glycerin, lanolin, mineral oil, and petrolatum.
Tip: Carry a non-greasy hand cream with you, and apply it after each hand washing. This will greatly help relieve dry skin.
4. Wear lip balm. Choose a lip balm that feels good on your lips. Some healing lip balms can irritate your lips. If your lips sting or tingle after you apply the lip balm, switch to one that does not cause this reaction.
5. Use only gentle, unscented skin care products. Some skin care products are too harsh for dry, sensitive skin. When your skin is dry, stop using:
Skin care products that contain alcohol, fragrance, retinoids, or alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA)
Avoiding these products will help your skin retain its natural oils.
6. Wear gloves. Our hands are often the first place we notice dry skin. You can reduce dry, raw skin by wearing gloves. Be sure to put gloves on before you:
Go outdoors in winter
Perform tasks that require you to get your hands wet
Get chemicals, greases, and other substances on your hands
7. Choose non-irritating clothes and laundry detergent. When our skin is dry and raw even clothes and laundry detergent can be irritating. To avoid this:
Wear cotton or silk under your clothing made of wool or another material that feels rough
Use laundry detergent labeled “hypoallergenic”
8. Stay warm without cozying up to a fireplace or other heat source. Sitting in front of an open flame or other heat source can dry your skin.
9. Add moisture to the air. Plug in a humidifier. If you can check your home heating system, find out if you have a humidifier on the system — and whether it’s working.
When to see a dermatologist
Your skin should start to feel better quickly. If these changes do not bring relief, you may want to see a dermatologist. Very dry skin can require a prescription ointment or cream. Dry skin also can be a sign of a skin condition that needs treatment. A dermatologist can examine your skin and explain what can help reduce your discomfort.