Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bharat Sharma
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Bharat SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am playing athletics sprint, since last october I had rupture vaccine quadriceps femoris then I went to bones doctor so he told me I should rest about 3 months and take Anti - inflammatory drugs so after that I went to him and I still doubt the pain so he told me that I should do Physiotherapist like ultrasound and Electrotherapy I did about 6 Sessions but still doubt the pain so he gave me Cortisone injections topical twice and did not do any anything so I went to Physiotherapist doctor and told him about all that so he gave me shockwave therapy and now I had tow Sessions but can not feel better so please doctors I want to get better and do not know what should I do?
I am 40 fear old male I am facing pain in my neck both solder and both foot yesterday I checked my uric acid and esr uric acid was 4. 86 and esr was 26 please Give me the solution ?
Hello Dr. I got hurt on leg and its pain from 4 days I also took pain killer but pain is still paining what should I do.
I am suffering from fusion of torso lumber vertebral bodies with syndesmophytes Ankylosing Spondylitis. What treatment should I take.
I am 33 years old I am male I have uric acid 11.8 how to control and what type of problems will come present I have a back pain at neck.
Hi, I am age 22 and having pain in hamstring maybe it is pulled normally is does not hurt but I kick and do cartwheel it pains and I can not even finish cartwheel or a kick. It been 2 weeks now thought it will heal but nothing.
If you are thinking that runner’s knee pain can ony happen to runners or sportsmen, then you are wrong. It can happen to anyone who spends time in doing things that involve bending the knees. It can happen due to activities like walking, biking and jumping. It refers to an aching pain around the kneecap. In medical terms, it is also called patellofemoral pain syndrome.
It doesn’t refer to a particular injury. It is an umbrella term to refer to any pain that happens during knee problems. Here are some of the reasons responsible for runner’s kneecap:
- High stress exercises, such as lunges or plyometrics
- Direct hit in the knee.
- If any of the bones are out of their correct position.
- Hypermobile feet and fallen arches or overpronation can cause joint pain as they change the way you walk.
- Weak or unbalanced thigh muscles.
What Are the Symptoms of runner's knee?
- You can feel the pain in front, behind, or around the kneecap
- Pain is felt when you walk, squat, kneel, run, or get up from a chair
- Pain is felt when you walk downstairs
- Swelling around your knee or a grinding feeling inside the joint
It can be diagnosed through physical examination and might require X-rays, MRIs, or CT scans.
What's the treatment for runner's knee?
- In most cases, runner’s knee gets better with time. However, the cause of the pain must be identified and then the treatment is done. Here’s what can be done:
- Give rest to your knees. It is best to avoid activities that cause the pain.
- Apply ice pack on the knees to ease the swelling. Repeat this after every 3 to 4 hours in a day and apply the pack for at least 20 minutes.
- Use an elastic bandage or straps to wrap the knees. It gives extra support to the knees and prevents the pain.
- Elevate the leg on a pillow at the time of lying down.
- Take pain killers like ibuprofen or naproxen.
- Indulge yourself in stretching exercises.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!