Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bharat Sharma
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Bharat SharmaYour feedback matters!
For about a month now I wake up with my left arm paining. It just happens when I'm sleeping. Other than that I don't have any kind of pain during day.
Sir my wife had lower back pain and left side leg is also heavy pain please give me the pain relief tablets.
Hi doctor. I am posting this question for my friend. She is 22 years old and currently in bangalore. Shes extremely disturbed as shes in a very unstable relationship and can not seem to break away from it. Even If she decides to let go she somehow relapses back and does not seem to be happy about the relationship or about herself. Even continuous advice from friends does not help her. Is there any way to help her focus on herself rather than the boy through therapies? She is in need of help desperately. Pls help her. Thanking you
Back pain is common for usually everyone. Research shows that 80% of the adults suffer from back pain every year. Back pain can occur in people of any age group. But it is common between people aged between 35 and 60. There is no particular reason for back pain. External injury, internal injury, deformation in bones, accidents and many more factors can be responsible for causing back pain.
Upper back pain can occur due to inflammation of the neck and spine. Lower back pain can be associated with lower back muscles, nerves, and spines, abdomen region, vertebrae discs etc.
What are the risk factors for having a back pain?
There are several physical and mental issues that cause back pain. These are as follows:
- Mental stress and tension
- Inactive lifestyle
- Depressed condition
- Anxiety disorders
- Too much physical activity
- Women are more prone to back pain than men.
- Pregnancy- in pregnancy, women tend to suffer from back pain easily.
- Too much physical labour
Symptoms of back pain
- The major symptom is pain, which can be mild or chronic. The pain can occur in any part of the back, buttocks or legs.
- Apart from ache, another common symptom is weight loss
- Inflammation in spine
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Feeling numb around anus, buttock and genitals.
- Sudden trauma or injury
- Low immunity system
A strain is believed to be the most common reason which causes back pain. Strained muscles and ligaments, lifting heavy objects, an abrupt movement or a muscle spasm, everything can end up causing back pain.
Apart from this, some factors mentioned below can be responsible for causing back pain:
- Structural problems- Ruptured disks, bulging disks, sciatica, arthritis, irregular curvature of spine, osteoporosis.
- Cauda equina syndrome
- Spine cancer
- Inflammation of spine
- Sleep disorders
- Sleeping on a bad mattress
- Daily activities
- Poor posture
Experts diagnose back pain with the help of X-ray, CT scan, bone scan etc followed by some blood tests.
Treatment of back pain
Depending upon the test results and the severity of pain, the treatment of back pain can be prescribed.
- Medication: If painkillers don't work well, then the doctors prescribe nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. A few antidepressants have proven to work well for relieving symptoms of back pain.
- Physiotherapy: Physiotherapy can treat back pain effectively. Applying ice, heat, electric stimulation to the back muscles can help in decreasing the pain. Apart from this,some physical exercises and maintaining a good posture can help in alleviating the pain.
- Cortisone injection: It is an anti-inflammatory drug which helps in decreasing pain.
- Surgery: Surgery is performed if the patient builds up herniated disk.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: Cognitive behavioural therapy is helpful for patients having chronic back pain.
Apart from the above discussed methods, there are a few complimentary therapies that are known for treating back pain. Osteopath, shiatsu, chiropractic, acupuncture are the therapies which can help in reducing back pain.