Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BhadravatiYour feedback matters!
I am 27 year old women last year I get married we plan one year my husband use precaution for not conceive baby but from last four months we are trying for baby but not l get success for getting pregnant.
Hello doctor. i Am 20 years old female. I had unprotectd sex with my hubby on next day of my menses. And I found spotting and had pain on left abdominal while sex and my periods these days are irregular please let me know the chances of pregnancy and do I need to worry about spotting?
Hi my periods are late by 5 day this month. What should I do? I and my boyfriend we had sex during my periods on the 1st day and prior the next day I took i-pill tablet. I am sure I dint get any symptom for pregnancy the day after till today. I am little worried though as to my my periods are late. Please advice me what should I do.
Every shape is pretty until it stays in shape. Take a healthy diet to stay in perfect shape n to live a healthy life.
My friend toke Emergency pill 10 min After sex with her boyfriend on 8th november, she got her period 2 day late on 22nd. November as compare to her last period cycle, Her periods last for 3 day and she had more bleeding which she usually get on fourth or fifth day and now she is having light bleeding ,is there any chance of pregnancy?
Hi doctor, I just want to confirm that how can I get pregnant should I do sex at 1 time in periods and keep wait for next periods its comes or no And one more thing If did sex today n sperm dropped inside the vagina than I shouldn't sex or do relentlessly till next month periods. Please help with the same and tell me everything.
Hello doctor, I saw discharge from my nipple by pressing it I am planning a family is it tat something related to it or not pls tell me. And another problem I m having is tat I got a knot (gath) on my uterus is tat something worried to it. My age is 25yrs. Please rply.
As per my wife's latest USG dated 24 sep 16 she is into 34 weeks of pregnancy. Foetal weight is 2437 GM's. Report says grade 2 maturity. Fhr is 150 beats. Pls advise if all is OK. what does grade 2 maturity means. As per USG EDD is 30 Oct. My doctor has advised to go for the delivery on 14 Sept. Is it OK or Should we wait till 30 Oct.
I had an ectopic pregnancy in left tube due to which, my left tube was removed as well cysts from both ovaries were also removed during surgery. However, my right tube is healthy. What are the chances of getting healthy pregnancy again, and when should I prepare myself for next. Also, I have been taking met pco care for pcod problem and folic acids. How early can I expect?
Menorrhagia is menstrual condition characterized by an abnormal loss of blood or heavy, prolonged bleeding. Although heavy bleeding is not uncommon in premenopausal women, menorrhagia is a severe condition which generally interferes with your daily activities. If your vagina bleeds irregularly or between periods, in addition to such heavy bleeding that at least one pad or tampon gets soaked every few hours, it is highly recommended that you seek medical attention.
Signs and symptoms of menorrhagia include:
- Soaking through more than one tampon or sanitary pad for every few hours
- The need to use double sanitary protection
- Heavy bleeding for weeks on end
- The need to wake up at night to change your sanitary protection
- Restriction of daily activities due to heavy menstrual flow
- Symptoms of fatigue, such as excessive tiredness as well as shortness of breath
Although the exact causes are unknown, here are a few causes that may be responsible:
- Hormonal imbalance is when there is an hormone imbalance, the endometrium develops in excess and sheds away with menstruation
- In Ovary dysfunction, if your ovaries do not ovulate, your body won't be able to produce the hormone progesterone resulting in a hormonal imbalance problem which may lead to menorrhagia
- Uterine fibroids are benign tumors which start appearing in your childbearing years
- Polyps are small benign growths found on the uterine lining
- Adenomyosis occurs when your glands from the endometrium becomes embedded in the uterine muscle
- By using Intrauterine device (IUD) menorrhagia may occur as a side-effect
- Pregnancy complications, for instance, an ectopic pregnancy can cause it
- Inherited bleeding disorders, such as von Willebrand disease
- Certain medications like anti-inflammatory drugs
- Other medical conditions, like pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis
Treatment for menorrhagia depends on a number of factors like the cause and severity of the condition, or your tolerance for specific therapies or medications.
Some drug therapies for menorrhagia include:
- Iron supplements
- Tranexamic acid
- Oral progesterone
- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Oral contraceptives
- Hormonal IUD
If drug therapy is ineffective, other treatment options may include:
- Dilation and curettage
- Focused ultrasound ablation
- Uterine artery embolization
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Making decisions is an everyday occurrence, be it big or small. We decide when to wake up, what to eat for meals and where we want to go on holiday. They may not be big decision, but they are decisions nonetheless. But sometimes there are things holding us back from making good decisions. Things such as not having enough information on the subject or not having the confidence to see the decision through. Often times we are simply afraid that the decision we make may be the wrong one. Like all thing there are certain steps we can follow to try and make the best most rational decision, they are:
1. Identify your goal:
It is important to identify what you hope to achieve from making this decision. Identifying what the problem is and why it needs to be solved is a great start to making a decision. It is important to know what you want out of making this decision. Identifying this will help making your decision easier.
2. Gather information:
In order to make an informed decision it is important to know all the pertinent information regarding the decision. By doing this you have a better understanding of the problem and how best you can solve it.
3. Brainstorm outcomes:
To any situation there are always several different outcomes to it. Before making any decision, it is important to know all the various outcomes that could happen. Your decision could lead to various other situations. Think about all the different outcomes that could happen see what could happen based on the decision you make.
4. Consider the consequences:
No matter what decision you make there are always consequences to them. Consider what the consequences could be and decide whether your decision outweighs the risks of going through with it.
5. Take action:
Now that you have gathered all the information and thought of the different outcomes and consequences of your decision it is time to take action. Follow through on the option you think is the best one. Once you have made your decision, remember that it too will have certain risks and consequences you will have to face, make sure you are ready for them.
6. Evaluate your decision:
Whether your decision turned out to be good or bad, it is important to evaluate it. Figure out where you went wrong or what could be done better next time. This way the next time you have to make a similar decision you know what needs to be done.
I am patient of hyperprolactinaemia having cabgolin but breast discharge while touching. My prolactin level is normal. Can I conceive in is condition.
Kegel is named after renowned gynaecologist Arnold Kegel. Kegel exercises are for the strengthening the pelvic floor muscles. You must continue doing Kegel exercises multiple times for several days, to begin to see changes and benefits.
1. It is a highly recommended treatment for urinary incontinence
2. Works well in case of decreased bladder control
3. Strengthens pelvic muscles
4. Relieves abdominal cramps
5. Helps in pelvic toning
6. Prevents organ prolapse
7. Beneficial to those with constipation as kegel exercises help regulate bowel movements
Kegel exercises during pregnancy
During pregnancy, most women suffer from problems related to constipation, which can be kept in check by regular practice of kegel exercises. The strengthening of pelvic muscles is of utmost need during this time, as weakened muscles can lead to a major prolapse if they are unable to bear the weight of a baby. Strong pelvic muscles are required to have a healthy pregnancy. These exercises are useful in preparing the muscles for labour and childbirth. If you notice occasional leakage of urine during the third trimester, it is a warning sign of losing bladder control, which, if left untreated, can worsen during the post partum period. Regularly exercising can help prevent complications occurring due to pregnancy.
How To Do Kegel Exercise During Pregnancy?
Try to stop the flow of urine when you are sitting on the toilet without tightening your abdominal, buttock, or thigh muscles. When you're able to successfully start and stop urinating, or you feel the vaginal muscle contract, you are using your pelvic floor muscle, the muscle you should be contracting during Kegel exercises.
You can do Kegel exercises two ways: either by holding or quickly contracting the pelvic floor muscle. To do slow Kegels, contract the pelvic floor muscle and hold for three to 10 seconds. Then relax and repeat up to 10 times. To do fast Kegels, quickly contract and relax your pelvic floor muscle 25 to 50 times. Relax for 5 seconds and repeat the set up to four times.
Squatting: Squatting is helpful during labor because it opens the pelvic outlet an extra quarter to half inch, allowing more room for the baby to descend. But squatting is tiring, so you should practice it frequently during pregnancy to strengthen the muscles needed.
How to do Squatting? An exercise called a wall slide is especially helpful. Stand with your back straight against a wall, place your feet shoulder width apart and about six inches from the wall, and keep your arms relaxed at your sides. Slowly and gently slide down the wall to a squatting position (keeping your back straight) until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Hold the position for five to 10 seconds, slowly slide back to a standing position. Repeat five or 10 times.
Pelvic Tilt: What is it? Pelvic tilts strengthen abdominal muscles, help relieve backache during pregnancy and labor, and ease delivery. This exercise can also improve the flexibility of your back, and ward off back pain.
How to do Pelvic Tilt? You can do pelvic tilts in various positions, but down on your hands and knees is the easiest way to learn it. Get comfortabe on your hands and knees, keeping your head in line with your back. Pull in your stomach and arch your back upward. Hold this position for several seconds. Then relax your stomach and back, keeping your back flat and not allowing your stomach to sag. Repeat this exercise three to five times. Gradually work your way up to 10 repetitions.
These exercises can yield great benefits with minimal effort. The exercises require no special equipment except comfortable clothes, and a little space to do them.
Do not worry if you are not close to the goal when you begin. Pelvic muscles are like any other muscles in your body. They will become stonger only with time, consistency and mindful work.
Beware: If you sense any pain in your back or abdomen after doing a Kegel set, it is a sign of you not doing them properly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I have been having periods lasting for 2-3 days in the past month and this month I have been having it for a month. For the past 6 months I have seen clots in my period blood. Sometimes I have cramps and back pain. I have not taken any medicine or gone to the doctor. Please can you help me.
A number of problems when contracted can affect your life and the life of your partner, especially problems which are related to your physical relationship. Premature ejaculation is one such problem and it refers to the inability to retain the erection until the end of the intercourse and usually happens when the male ends up ejaculating sooner than planned or immediately upon penetration. Premature ejaculation is a condition that many men suffer due to the advancement of age as well as low pelvic strength and other ailments. Also, it can be caused due to stress and panic regarding one's performance. Whatever be the cause, it is an embarrassing situation that calls for help if it persists for too long. Here are a few tips to ensure that you gain better control over premature ejaculation.
- Deep breathing Exercise: Sometimes, too much of excitement can lead to a variety of problems including premature ejaculation. If this becomes a normal occurrence, you can try practicing deep breathing during the act of sex to calm yourself down and slow down the frenzy so that you are more attuned to your surroundings and partner rather than yourself and the panic you may be feeling. Taking deep and slow gulps of air can ensure that you focus on the act rather than getting caught up in the excitement.
- Medications: there are broadly two kinds of medical treatments - local application anaesthetic gels that numb the area around the tip of penis and tablets that prolong ejaculation time. One needs to consult a sexologist, psychiatrist or a urologist to know more about them.
- Stop and Start: This is a method that many sexologists recommend. The stop and start method is one that will have to be practiced individually so that you are able to retain more control over your ejaculation when you are with your partner. Basically, in this method, you are required to start the process of masturbation and stop just short of ejaculation. After doing this several times and on a regular basis, you will find that your brain reacts in the same way when you are having intercourse, which will delay the ejaculation to a normal period.
- Kegel: If you thought that kegel exercises are only for women, then you need to think again. Premature ejaculation also signifies low pelvic strength for many cases and you would do well to invest time in a few exercises like the kegel, which will build up your pelvic strength so that you are able to control premature ejaculation in a better way.
Persistent problems that are not fixed with these methods should be addressed with a consult to a doctor.