Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Submit a review for Dr. Bala KishoreYour feedback matters!
How much exercise should my child do? Can I give my child painkillers? How much salt do babies and children need?
My son is having nervous while going to school. He is unable take breakfast. From the past four days he is doing vomiting also while prepared to go to school. His age is 9 years. Normal times he is very active and plays very well. Kindly suggest.
Born weight was 3.2 kg now she is 37 days baby and her weight is 3.75 please let me know how to increase baby weight.
Hi My baby is one month old. He does not suck ma nipples. He is not taking breast feed. Please suggest me what should I do. 1.
My baby is 1 and half month old. I think he has gas problem because he make sound of poti but not do it. I want to know if any chances do I my feed so that he will be fine.
ask your child daily happenings after coming back home. understand him/her what they are facing and how they are handling issues of their life. this will help child to learn sharing stresses. guide them correct way of dealing with their problems. always punishing scolding shouting on child is not the proper way to handle them. Parents must have patience while dealing with children.
Can 7-la antacid solution 200 ml be given to 1.5 years old child she is facing loose motion problem. Please advise.
My 8 month baby is suffering from bronchopneumonia with CCF and she is having vancomycin and piptaz injections for treatment from last 9 days. Now from last nite she is sweating a lot. Is it normal.
My 4 years old son has viral 3rd day, has passed lose motions twice and has complained stomach pain. Wht med can I give him. He's on crocin ds & meftal p alternately.
My son, details given below is underweight and underweight and poorest eating habits to the extent of not eating any vegetables, fruits, chapatis, milk. He is very much full of anger, gets provoked on small things, gets irritated easily, doesn't pay attention to his physical hygiene. Pls suggest any homoeopathic way of treatment at normal price preferably in South Delhi. Thanks.
I had 1 month girl baby since born she is not crying and not drinking milk please advise me what can I do ?
My wife gave birth to a baby boy on 20th March 2016. Since inception the baby is ignoring mother's breast feeding, we are feeding him with Similac powder as suggested by our doctor. But we want mother's feeding, please advise what to do?
My daughter is 15 years old, when swallowing solid food a pain is felt in the right side of the chest 2 inches below the collar bone. What this could be please inform. Thanks.
My small grand daughter is not able to pass stools daily, and after 2 days complains of stomach pain. There are no worms problems as we got her de-wormed and stool checked. Result was" OK" The what is her problem of constipation and how can it be dealt with in a 3 year.
My 1.5 year old kid is not keeping well from last 4 days. She is vomiting. Not eating anything except mother feed. Have initially been giving ondem but from last two days Emiset, Oflox 50, and Bifilac. Frequency of vomit has reduced but she remains uncomfortable entire day. Keep crying. I am unable to sooth her. Does she have some major stomach infection? Should I get her some tests done? Yesterday she was continuously crying for 2-3 hrs. Gave her colicaid too thinking she might have stomachache. Pls help me know what should I do. Thanks.
Why my baby boy son is crying like anything. He is just 8 months. He is contentiously getting cold and cough.
My daughter is seven and half months old (premature). She blows away medicine as well solids, does not take enough formula. Does not sleep properly. Please help.
On the occasion of World Asthma Day (3rd May, 2016), I would like to break a few myths related around Asthma which otherwise people generally believe to be true.
Myth #1 - Asthma is a communicable disease
Fact #1 - Asthma is an allergic disease and is neither contagious (infectious) or communicable (passed on from one person to another)
Myth #2 - Inhalers are addictive
Fact #2 - Absolutely wrong! Inhalers are not addictive but it is a good habit to keep control over asthma and use your inhalers as prescribed by your doctor. Also, contrary to popular belief that using inhalers on a regular basis reduces their effectiveness, inhalers continue to be equally effective on a regular basis.
Myth #3 - Inhalers are expensive
Fact #3 - Again, absolutely incorrect! Inhalers are in fact cheaper when compared to other drugs.
Myth #4 - Inhalers are given to patients who face Chronic Asthma
Fact #4 - Wrong! Inhalers should be used from a very early stage itself to prevent progression of the disease.
I hope this tip helped bust atleast a few notions that most people have about Asthma and that you are now better informed about this condition. In case you would like to ask me anything or discuss your or your loved one's case in detail, feel free to 'Consult' privately with me.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.