Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B V Koteswara RaoYour feedback matters!
In my neighbor there is a little girl 2 years old. Her legs are not normal. Wide out while she walks. The family is really poor, but the child is really cute They showed her to govt hospital, they have jst taken blood for results. Could you please help or advice,
Hi doctor, my baby is 3 months old. He is having slow weight gain and looking so lean. His birth weight is 3.4 kg and now he is 5.2 kg. Is it normal? I am on breastfeeding. He is not finishing one breast completely. He is taking only foremilk and not hindmilk. He is very lazy to suck and sleeps often in the breast. After feeding I used to pump to remove the hindmilk. Please suggest what to be done?
Hi Dr. I have 8 months baby. And he takes feed. And now I am suffering from jaundice than I can give him breastfeed. please reply soon.
My daughter is 7 years old and she is having bed wetting problem. Please do suggest me what should I do ?
Dear doctor, My seven month baby is stooling green. Her weight is 6.5 kgs. But is she very active whole day. I wanna to know about weight gain for her.
My 10 days son whose weight is 3.7 kg have blood creatinine level is 1.17 mg/dl and blood urea level is 64 mg/dl. Is it kidney disease? If yes please send me treatment advice?
My 5 year old son is suffering from cough and vommit since last three year. Some time he cough first and then vommit. After vommit his cough gone for some time and then he start coughing. Sometime he vommit with out cough. Doctor giving him asthema medicines. He fees quite good as long as we give him medicine. Also one doctor given him gerd medicine, he was good at that time. But his symptoms again appeared when doctor stop medicine.
My son is 4 year old and many time he is suffering blood from nose. Last night my son suffering blood from nose around 4 a. M around 15 drops of blood so after some time stop blood after he lay down straight. But in morning around 8 a. M again blood come from nose. Please explain what is the reason and solution for it.
Are there any long term effects taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so what are they and waht are medications are implemented? Is there a genetic factor to strokes?
My daughter is 8 years old and weighs only 20 kgs. She is never interested in eating, be it anything. Capacity of food intake is very low and so she is not that much energetic & active as she should be in this age. Kindly suggest what to do in this as supplements and tonics will do the needful or any other way so that can eat properly own her own and deficiencies can be done away with.
My son is two months old. He was born with forceps delivery. Because of this one hand was not moving fully in the beginning. Now there are improvements on the hand. He is moving better now. Whether it will be alright slowly or we need to consult doctors? His head is also tilted due to this . Whether this will correct on its own after hand is healed ?pls advise. We are very much worried.
Early childhood is a time when the brain develops rapidly and nutrition is an important part of healthy brain development. It is important for children to eat a variety of foods that can provide them with the proper intake of carbohydrate, protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. There is a very strong mind-gut connection; therefore focusing on the food you choose to complete the nutritional needs of your child can make a great difference in their brain function.
Certain foods are better for our brains than others, these brain foods may help boost a child's brain growth and even improve the memory and cognitive development.
During infancy, the amino acids and fatty acids in breast milk are ideal for optimal brain development. The brain continues to grow throughout early childhood and children who do no consume a balanced diet are at risk of developing mental retardation and behavioral problem.
10 brain foods to feed the mind and body properly:
1. Whole grains: Brain needs a consistent supply of glucose, thus foods those are high in refined sugars and carbohydrates leads to rapid fluctuation in blood glucose levels and the brain doesn't get the steady fuel supply and energy for proper functioning, therefore to nourish the most active part of body include whole-grain breads, oatmeal, roasted grains in the diet of children for regular release of glucose in body. Oats are also rich in vitamin-B, Vitamin-E, potassium and zinc.
2. Eggs: The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate because the egg yolks are packed with choline which boosts memory. Eggs are also rich in protein, which provides energy to help the brain stay alert longer.
3. Fish: Fish is a good source of vitamin D and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss. Salmon, tuna, and sardines are all rich in Omega-3s. The more Omega-3s we can get to the brain, the better it will function and the better kids will be able to focus.
4. Seeds: Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check. For example sunflower seed butter as they are rich in folate, vitamin E and selenium and are safe for nut-free zones.try to include seeds directly to the meals.
5. Iron is important for brain development: Preschoolers and toddlers typically eat less iron-rich foods than they did in infancy. In addition, the iron that children get is usually non-Heme iron (from plant sources,) which has lower availability than heme iron (from animal source).sources beef, nuts and dark leafy vegetable (spinach) and tofu.
6. Milk and Yoghurt: Milk and yoghurt contains healthy fats and proteins those are important for brain health. The majority of the brain is made up of fat, so it is no wonder healthy fat is important to feed the developing brain. Protein is important as it can help brain cells send and receive information effectively. Yoghurt also contains good bacteria that will help boost your child's immune system as well as aid digestion, children need higher dose of vitamin D, which is present in dairy and its products.
7. Organic Foods and leafy vegetables: These organic foods are free from pesticides and insecticides and preservatives and do not cause neurodevelopment problems in children, which will impair proper brain functioning. Green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamin A and K; these keep inflammation at bay .e.g. Spinach, kale, lettuce.
8. Walnuts: The high level of antioxidants, vitamin and minerals in walnuts improves the cognitive health of kids and improve their mental alertness also.
9. Colorful veggies: Vegetables with a rich, deep color such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are the best sources of antioxidants that support brain health and keep brain cells strong. These foods can be given from weaning age.
10. Berries: The color of the food tells the nutritional value of it. All the berries like strawberry, cherries, blueberries and blackberries have intense color are especially rich in vitamin C and high levels of antioxidants. Blueberries have high levels of Gallic acid, which boost memory by preventing degeneration of brain cells.
So, go ahead and try to include different food group to your Child's plate for a better performance.
My Baby is 3 months ,he has some scar on his head and its itching. When it started it was very small now its spreading through out the head. He also develop some white patches on his chik, we are applying candid 1% ,but it seems growing any body having any suggestion.
I have 8 month old baby. Usne 4 days se poty nai ki h. Is it normal or should I consult any doctor. Regards.
I am 24 years old I have baby of 6 months and I am breast feeding the baby can I lift weights more than 20 kg.
New study published in Journal of Biological Chemistry, NewYork, that "Lack of Vitamin-A found in many fruits, vegetables, meat & dairy products may be also the one factor in development of Diabetes(type-2)". Vitamin A helps to boosts the activity of Beta cells(Insulin producing cells).