Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My vagina has swollen and its paining .there is also a lot itching with discharge of liquid. What should I do? And tell me what could be the reasons behind this?
Doctor usually my mom is use to shave my genital (pubic) hairs. But when she use to shave my genital areas I feel tickle around my vagina and during shave genitals my begins start secretion of a sticky fluid. What should I do in this situation? Please tell me in detail.
I am 28 old male I had sex with protection while having sex condom got misplaced from back to front and later after 3.5 months under hiv test it came negative whether their is chances of hiv in future kindly help.
My wife has to suffer a lot pain while periods and she also loose her temper very quickly. Also my wife doesn't show any interest in sex. She do not allow me to kiss her lips and press her boobs. She always want same position of sex and don't ask or do anything new. Please suggest me how can I make her enjoy sex.
I am 21 years old (female), since two my hair is falling abnormally, my acne marks on my cheeks are not going even I m following my diet property. Are these symptoms PCOS or PCOD?
We had sex for the 1st time. My wife is too young. Just 19 years and 6 months. She is having period now. This is her 3rd day. She is oozing much body fluid. What can she do to stop them?
I am married 30 years old women, my ovaries are very small in size and not having periods without medicine I am taking'ovral l' every month for periods. My uterus and both kidneys are normal in size, so is there and process for me to get pregnant?
I got married 4months ago. Life is going good but now I want to conceive a baby. Regular intimation is not giving the desired result. Suggest me.
Health Benefits of Banana Peel
Bananas have multiple health benefits and are commonly available fruit. They possess a wide variety of vitamins and minerals like vitamins B6, A and C, Manganese, Potassium, dietary fiber, protein, iron, magnesium etc. What many people don't know is the banana peel which is usually thrown away, has multiple health benefits too. It's interesting to know what they are:
1. Whitens Teeth - If you rub banana peel for a minute, every day, for a week on your teeth, you will have naturally white teeth without having to visit the dentist.
2. Removes Warts - The cheapest and simplest method to remove warts and stop them from reoccurring is rubbing the peel of a banana on the affected area, or sticking it there overnight.
3. Treats Acne - Getting rid of pimples is as easy as massaging banana peels on the face and body for five minutes a day until acne disappears.
4. Rids of wrinkles - Mash banana peel and add an egg yolk to it. This mixture works as a great anti-wrinkle face pack. Apply it on your face and wash it off after five minutes. Banana peels are known to keep the skin hydrated.
5. Gives pain relief - This might come as a surprise but the banana peel is known to provide relief from pain. Just place the peel directly on the part that is paining and you'll get relief in about half an hour. You can also make a mixture of banana peel and vegetable oil to apply on the pain affected area.
6. Heals psoriasis - Applying the peel on the psoriasis affected area moisturizes the place and reduces itchiness.
7. Relieves of bug bites - It is advised to massage banana peel on mosquito bites to get immediate relief from pain and itching.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 15 Reasons Why Banana is Healthier Than Apple?
If there is a chance to get pregnancy if a partner had under gone tubectomy and she is suffering from periods.
Osteoporosis is slowly emerging as an epidemic in modern day India, with more and more women getting affected by it. Perhaps, it will not be an overstatement to say that by the year 2025, India will be known as the osteoporosis capital of the world. But, the good news is that treatment for osteoporosis and other bone-related diseases is developing rapidly and you can easily maintain proper bone health by making yourself aware about the issues that might affect your bones and opting for ways to prevent them.
How severely are Indian women affected by bone related problems?
With the increase in longevity in Indian women, the extent of bone-related problems is also increasing, especially among women who are close to or have been through menopause. Studies reveal that severe bone-related problems affect about 20% of Indian women between the age of 40 and 50. Some common bone disorders that have a significant impact on the health of women with increasing age are:
- Osteoporosis: This condition is associated with brittle and fragile bones, prevailing as a result of tissue loss due to hormonal changes or lack of requisite amount of vitamin D or calcium in the body
- Osteopenia: Its severity is more than that of osteoporosis and this condition involves the lessening of bone tissues mineral and protein content
- Osteomalacia: It is a condition in which your bones become soft due to vitamin D or calcium deficiency
- Arthritis: In this condition, your joints get inflamed, leading to pain and stiffness
What are the common symptoms associated with bone-related diseases?
If you observe the following signs, you might be suffering from a bone related problem:
- Experiencing pains without any known causes
- Painful joints and muscles
- Difficulty in walking properly
What are the measures can you take to prevent them?
Women under the age of 20 can prevent bone-related issues by:
- Having a balanced diet
- Ensuring that your diet contains the requisite amount of protein, calcium and vitamin D
- Participating in physical activities such as running and jogging
- Staying outdoors to get exposed to sunlight
- Maintaining proper body weight
During the perimenopausal phase (the time when a women is about to experience menopause), she is more susceptible to bone-related issues and should take extra steps to maintain proper bone health. Some of these measures include:
- Being careful about nutrient intake
- Getting yourself checked by a gynecologist at regular intervals to ensure that you have correct bone density and vitamin D and calcium levels
- Taking calcium or vitamin D supplements, if required
- Ensuring that you have an active lifestyle
1. Early scan at 6 weeks for confirmation of pregnancy with routine blood tests. (hb, blood group, hiv, hbsag, hcv, vdrl, urine routine examination).
Medicines- folic acid 5mg once a day and doxinate tablet three times a day for vomiting
2. At 11 to 13.6 weeks- dual marker test with nt nb scan.
If you have crossed 12 weeks and no vomiting constipation then start iron calcium and protein supplementation.
Diet consultation should be done.
3. At 16 weeks get your first tetanus toxoid injection as per who. Some may prefer taking later.
4. At 18weeks- anomaly scan to be done. And prenatal classes can be started.
5. At 20 weeks- 2nd tetanus toxoid injection.
6. At 22 weeks- fetal 2d echo, if you are suffering from diabetes, heart problem, hypertension, previous baby having anomalies etc.
7. At 24 weeks- fasting and post prandial blood sugar levels or dipsi test. (dipsi test can be done at first visit also)
8. At 28 weeks- routine ultrasound with colour doppler. Repeat blood investigations. Get yourself booked with hospital. Take fluvac if not taken previously.
9. At 32 weeks- visit your doctor for routine check up and discuss regarding hospital and delivery.
10. At 36 weeks repeat scan for growth, lie, presentation, and fetal wellbeing.
11. At 37 weeks- pelvic adequacy to check whether you can go for normal delivery. It helps obstetrician and patient in ruling out whether fetal head can pass through pelvis or not. And decision making regarding trial of labour. This is s poo specific for primi patients.
12.36 weeks onwards weekly nst should be done to check fetal heart monitoring.
This is standard protocol what we follow in practice. Others may vary or defer with it. Depending on different practice scenario and academic patterns.
All the best!