Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B.S Swamy
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.S SwamyYour feedback matters!
For children with normal separation anxiety, there are steps you can take to make the process of separation anxiety easier.
1. Practice separation. Leave your child with a caregiver for brief periods and short distances at first.
2. Schedule separations after naps or feedings. Babies are more susceptible to separation anxiety when they’re tired or hungry.
3. Develop a “goodbye” ritual. Rituals are reassuring and can be as simple as a special wave through the window or a goodbye kiss.
4. Keep familiar surroundings when possible and make new surroundings familiar. Have the sitter come to your house. When your child is away from home, let him or her bring a familiar object.
5. Have a consistent primary caregiver. If you hire a caregiver, try to keep him or her on the job.
6. Leave without fanfare. Tell your child you are leaving and that you will return, then go—don’t stall.
7. Minimize scary television. Your child is less likely to be fearful if the shows you watch are not frightening.
8. Try not to give in. Reassure your child that he or she will be just fine—setting limits will help the adjustment to separation.
Abnormal separation anxiety needs expert assistance. Consult a psychologist for advise and intervention.
Dear doctor, my son is just turned 2 years on last 26th october17. But he is still babbling. Sometimes pronouncing mum mum, and sometimes unclear words. He express his needs by sign languages, like for water he will cough, and may point towards the bottle. He is selective in paying attention and has firm attraction towards digital gadgets. He is always found busy in his way. We have done hearing test, doctors says all ok. We are worried, please help!
Mani meri daughter ko 2.5 ml cough syrup diya hai and she is counting vomit kar rahi hai Is this major problem?
My son is 4.5 years old suffering from wet cough and given levolin syrup thrice daily 5 ml per dose. Now cough is gone but lost his appetite ,lost some energy for last two days. What should I do now. Are the doses okay.
Provide me food chart for my 6 month old baby and give the tips to care of her. Best massage oil and should I gave her grip water.
At what age of my infant shall I start feeding her top milk and other liquid. She is 1.5 month now only on breastfeed?
My 1 and half year old son ate sea fish on Sunday and yesterday afternoon he once vomit and from then he is suffering from fever. Tell me what sort of diet can I give for him and should I need to take him to hospital. Before ten days he was suffering from severe loose motion and fever and that time doctor gave him cefixime.
My 7 month baby .what is diet chart for him. And I am giving amul toned milk. Is it ok or not .and may baby boy urine bhot karta hai every 2 minute urine karta hai please suggest me.
My daughter is 1 year 6 month old. Her weight is about 7 kg. She is not fair and her skin looks very dull. She is very lean and thin also. Please sugest me some medicine or other things such as food schedule to make her fair a And improve her weight.
It is sad to hear of a loved one suffering, but it is downright painful if that someone is your own child. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a condition which was not paid much attention to for many years. The fact remains, however, that ADHD is something that can adversely affect the life of your child and their relationships. One example is Olympian Michael Phelps, who had been diagnosed with this disorder. In order to know if a child does suffer from it, it is important to pay attention to a few signs.
Signs You Must Not Ignore
- To start off, if a child seems to be fidgety all the time, it is a good sign that there is a chance that he or she may have ADHD. While it is true that children often display feelings of excitement as well as a degree of restlessness most of the time, the ability of a child suffering from ADHD to sit still, quite literally, surpasses any normal standards for even a very restless child who does not have ADHD.
- As a matter of fact, most children who are diagnosed with the disorder are diagnosed by the time they are 7 or 8 years old. For many kids, this has something to do with the signs that are displayed once they join school, which are related to their behavioural habits. For example, children who have ADHD are likely to show their inability to await their turn in a group activity. As a result, they are likely to interrupt not only their peers, but also their teachers to say express their thoughts.
- For those who are not well versed with this issue that so many children face, the behaviour of a child with ADHD come across as being outright selfish. However, this is really not the case. In many cases, since children with ADHD find it difficult to follow plans and set out tasks, their inability to do so is often considered as lack of intelligence. Such judgements can lower the morale of the child and make him or her feel inadequate, insecure and left out.
Many children who have ADHD are not loud and usually do not stand out in a group. Rather, they are more likely to be the quiet ones who daydream. All this can have major effects on the academic record of the child, and it is fair to say that he or she is quite likely to under perform compared to the rest of the students in the class.
If you see any of these signs, do not be alarmed. However, do seek a doctor’s opinion to know for sure if your child has ADHD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.