Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asvma Sultana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Asvma SultanaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, mai 22 weeks pregnant hu aur eske pehle mera Ek misscarrige ho chuka hai lagbhag 2.5 month mai mere doctor ne mera BOH panel test karwaya Jismai DRVV wagarh high nikla aur antibodies positive aaya doctor mujhe Es pregnancy mai lonopin injection de rhe hai. Doctor Mai ye jan na chahte hu ke mere baby ko injection lene ke baad to after delivery koi birth defects to nhi hoge na kya mujhe whole nine months ye lena padega.
I had my last period on 20th of august. And did not have it till now. Took a home pregnancy test which was negative. So, I went for a sonography which doctor says shows nothing like pregnancy. But the problem is I have all these symptoms which point just to pregnancy. I am not sure what is happening! Also, is it possible I am pregnant but it is not showing yet?
I am 5 week day 1 pregnant. Got UPT positive and beta hcg 512 on week 4 day 5.abdominal scan shows thickened endom atrium 10 mm and a 2.5 cm right ovarian follicular cyst. What tests and scan to be done next and when? Can I continue to go for work on a 2 wheeler for coming weeks. Around 12 km daily total.
My grandmother is now 67. And she got menopause at 45. 2 days back she got some bleeding .And today the bleeding was heavy. What could be the underlying cause. please help me with treatment.
I'm 21 year old female. Lately, I have started being in a relationship. Since I have never explored my sexuality before and totally unaware of the subject matter as a whole, I would like to know about this in detail and especially all the precautions I should keep in mind before and while engaging in intimate physical activities with my boyfriend.
Hi doctor I'm 5 months pregnant today I went to cracks in auto after cumming om from mor my stomach is tight fully is their any problem please give me a solution wil it affect my baby.
Agar mc ki date extension medicine liya hai Aur suddenly 7 days medicine lene k bad stop karne k bad unprotected sex karne se conceive ho sakta hai ya 100 percent hota hai.
Both men and women can suffer from sexual dysfunction which in common man’s speak is a problem that prevents you from experiencing sexual satisfaction. If you are experiencing sexual dysfunction in any part of the sexual response cycle which traditionally includes excitement, plateau, orgasm, and resolution, you are not alone. Research suggests that 43 percent of women and 31 percent of men report some degree of sexual dysfunction or difficulty.
It also remains a topic that many people are hesitant to discuss and resolve worldwide. Read on to know more on sexual dysfunction so that you can understand it and seek treatment for it because treatment options are available and extremely helpful.
Types of sexual dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction is classified into four categories:
- Desire disorders: This is a generalized lack of sexual desire or interest in sex
- Arousal disorders: Inability to become physically aroused during sexual activity
- Orgasm disorders: A delay or absence of orgasm
- Pain disorders: Pain during intercourse
Symptoms of sexual dysfunction
- Erectile dysfunction - An inability to achieve or maintain an erection for penetrative sexual intercourse
- Retarded ejaculation - An absent or delayed ejaculation despite sexual stimulation
- Early or premature ejaculation - Inability to control ejaculation
- Inadequate vaginal lubrication before or during sex
- Inability to relax the vaginal muscles for sexual intercourse to happen
- Lack of interest in or desire for sex, an inability to become aroused or pain during intercourse are also classified as sexual dysfunction.
Causes of sexual dysfunction
- Physical causes - A number of medical conditions can cause problems with sexual function like diabetes, heart and neurological problems , hormonal imbalances, kidney or liver failure, and alcoholism and drug abuse. Anti depressant use can also affect sexual function.
- Psychological causes - Stress and anxiety, sexual performance anxiety, relationship problems, depression etc. are some of the psychological causes responsible for sexual disorders. Feelings of not being good enough and the effects of a past sexual trauma also come into play.
Diagnosis of sexual dysfunction
The doctor will begin with a history of your symptoms, followed by a physical exam to rule out medical problems.
A major part of diagnosis is psychological. The doctor will evaluate your attitude about sex, as well as other contributing factors like fear, anxiety, past sexual abuse, relationship problems, medications, alcohol or drug abuse, etc. to understand the underlying cause of the problem.
Most types of sexual dysfunction can be treated by addressing the underlying physical or psychological problems. Other common ways to treat sexual dysfunction are:
- By changing a medication which may be casing sexual dysfunction - If you have a sexual dysfunction due to hormone deficiencies, you may benefit from hormone shots, pills, or creams. Men can use Viagra or Cialis for erectile dysfunction by increasing blood flow to the penis.
- Mechanical aids - Penile implants or vacuum devices can be used in men to maintain an erection. Vacuum devices are used in women too and so are dilators to help women who have an extremely narrow vaginal opening.
- Sex therapy - Marriage counselors and therapists help couples resolve their relationship issues that may be causing sexual dysfunction.
- Behavioral therapy - This helps you to seek insight into your behaviour which may be causing sexual dysfunction and address it.
- Psychotherapy - This type of therapy can help you resolve prior sexual trauma, feelings of inadequacy, anxiety, fear, or guilt, and poor body image.