Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwin ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old male. I am having calf muscle and feet aches for past one week. And sometimes knee also aches. Kindly advice.
Is there any treatment of knee pain in ayurveda? patient's (female 42years) left knee mri report says; 1. Articular cartilage irregularity with subchondral marrow changes in medial joint space with mild joint effusion and synovial thickening. - suggest early changes of osteoarthritis 2. Thupe-ii signal/myxoid degeneration in posterior horn of medial meniscus.
I am 21 years old boy, I am suffering from backache. I am not able to do any work continuously for 1 hr. Please help me in this issue.
I am suffering from back bone pain since a long. Whenever I stand suddenly it pain started. Having a permanent solution for the same?
My leg paining before 15 days I am going to many Dr. They did not found what is the problem. You tell what can I do.
I have cold and cough, having fever of 102-103, also severe back pain for 2 days what medicine shall I take. I m traveling so cannot visit docs for 2days.
I am having pimples on my face and colour is becoming darker. My face sometimes becomes red. Sometimes it become rough and it irritates. I always have pain in my foot on lower side amd my legs always paining.
What is the main reason for knee pain and lot of time I tired very earlier so I am not able to do work continuously.
I am 45 years old. I am having diabetes. I am getting foot pain everyday. Why like that? Pain is like someone pinching with needle. Can I tell how to overcome it?
Im having b. P, diabetes, thyroid Im suffering with severe tinglings in my legs and palms. Its very paining. When I walk in my house legs r swell. Im unfit for journeys my legs r paining too much.
I have a pain in right side number since 20 to 25 days. And now I have a weakness in my both leg with lumbar pain.
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone and joints health, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA
The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time
Treatment options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction, in case of OA. However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen.
With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Some of the popular homeopathic medications based on areas and associated symptoms are listed below:
- Bryonia Alba: Pain worsened with movement, relieved with rest; associated with swelling and stiffness of the joints; difficulty in climbing stairs.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Swelling and pain that is worsened when getting up from a seated position. The joints feel cold and painful.
- Sulphur: Worse with climbing stairs, prolonged standing, feeling of warmth in the knees.
- Colcynthis: Cramping pain improved by pressure.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: Pain when getting up from a seated position.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans: Associated with muscle stiffness and cramping.
- Antimonium Crudum: The pain pain gets worse in cold weather, improved by applying something warm)
- Benzoic Acid: There is an associated crackling sound when the fingers are moved or if there are nodes in the area of joints. . The urine is highly offensive in these people.
- Calcara Fluorica: There are stony hard nodes formed in the joint area, greatly reducing the mobility.
These medications are safe, completely natural, do not induce habit formation, and are approved by FDA. They don't just treat the symptoms but help manage the patient as a whole. This justifies why homeopathy is definitely a good option in treating osteoarthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am 42 years age physically quite active in a hill station approx 15 km walk everyday however for past one month or so I have mild pain near left shoulder blade does not aggravate with physical exertion and appears to be external but when there is a burp it increases slightly and there is a similar pain in front portion of chest exactly opp to it in other discomfort is there possible reason pl.
Bursitis is a disorder that is characterized by inflammation of a fluid filled sac called the bursa. Bursa is present in between various tissues such as muscles, tendons and bones where friction may occur. This sac cushions the tissues and prevents friction. The usual areas that are affected by this condition are hip, shoulder and the elbows.
The symptoms of bursitis are:
1. You will experience pain in the affected area
2. Tightness and stiffness in the area
3. Local swelling of the muscle
4. Redness of the area
5. Any physical contact with the area causes pain
Bursitis may also occur due to the following reasons:
1. Ageing results in loss of elasticity of the tendons, thus impairing their ability to tolerate any stressful activity
2. Sports such as baseball where you are required to throw the ball with force may lead to bursitis
3. If you do tasks that require kneeling down on a regular basis
4. Sitting on hard surfaces for extended periods of time
5. Abnormalities such as improperly placed joints
6. Inflammation from other conditions such as gout, thyroid disorders and rheumatoid arthritis may lead to bursitis
The condition is treated by using a variety of methods such as exercise and medication. Antibiotics are used to treat any underlying infection causing bursitis. Injections may be administered to reduce inflammation in the affected area along with exercises to strengthen the affected muscle. In severe cases, the doctor may resort to surgery to treat this condition.
You may use certain preventive measures to stay clear of bursitis. Some of them are
1. Lift with proper form: If you are lifting something heavy, then make sure you keep the spine straight and bend your knees slightly.
2. Take breaks: Don’t remain in the same position for long durations, take small breaks and walk around to release the stress from your legs.
3. Exercise: Do strength building workouts to build strength in the joints. Include mobility and flexibility stretches in your routine to keep your joints healthy, thus increasing the range of motion.
4. Maintain optimal weight levels: If you are obese, then take steps to reduce your weight. Maintain a proper diet to check your waistline. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am suffering from an ACL tear from past 6 months. For the first 2-3 months I was unserious about the tear but after that I consulted a doctor and he told me to consult physiotherapist and everyone agreed that it could repaired without surgery but after 2 months of physiotherapy their was only improvement of 1-2 % in ligament and knee started paining and before that in 3 months it never pained after that I consulted some other and stopped the physiotherapy now I am taking medicine of some other ortho doc from last 1 month and doing some strengthening exercises which he told bt I was experiencing pain in the need what should be done to get back on track as I am athlete .
I am 22 years old im having backpain for last 2 months I have used ointment but no relief what should I do now?
Osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee is a severe joint problem, that has become highly prevalent in India. It is a major cause of lack of mobility, particularly among women. Currently, total knee replacement (TKR) surgery is a common solution for OA knee. However, there are risks associated with it. Surgeries for knee OA often throw up mixed results. Sometimes, TKR leaves patients with unresolved pain and loss of function for long periods. Now, however, doctors in USA have come up with the Bionicare Knee System which works by sending therapeutic electrical currents to the joint with an un-loader brace, that reduces pain and improves overall health of the joint. This is the most thoroughly researched, clinically proven, non invasive, non-drug alternative for the treatment of the knee.
5 benefits of using this treatment:
1. Effective pain relief
2. Non surgical, non-invasive and non-drug treatment
3. No adverse effects
4. Decreases dependency on painkillers
5. Improves function and quality of life
My recommendation to patients who have chronic knee issues, knee injuries, knee pain etc (particularly if doctors have suggested you surgeries for the same), is to try this treatment instead.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.