Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok ShettyYour feedback matters!
My wife is suffering from headache, body pain, shivering cold. After 9 days periods miss we it shows positive pregnancy test. She is 30 years old. Best medicine for reducing the illness during pregnancy would be? Kindly advice please.
Hey. I an depressed because of my family. They do not support me. They abuse me. I want to run away from House but I'm not financially independent. I so depressed that I want to die now. Help me.
My one friend she gets unconscious between few minutes if she gets some shock or if she see any horror movie or if any one shout he very badly why is this happens please tell me and what should I do for her.
Hello Doctors, i'm a 27 years old guy, who lost all will power and motivation. By the way, I tried many memoboost pills, and even leaned on large intakes of redbull and coffee. But it did not make it. What could be done?
I am 28 year old guy, in 2013 when I was preparing for competition exam I was attacked by anxiety due to which it effects my sleep and I was consuming libo tyrp 10 mg. Doctor advised me for this you have to quit your drinking habits as it rise the anxiety problem. However from 2016 jan I suddenly realize that I no more want medicine now as I can sleep without it. My question is though I am not taking any medicine for 6 months and my sleeping problem is also recovering. But sometimes when I drink than next day I feel restless or become uneasy . Should I quit drinking forever , and is my anxiety problem is finished.
I have pain in left hand and liquid is coming from my ear and i am also suffering from headache what should i do ? please advice
Hi my hubby refuses me to use social networks he hate the concept of social network friend making . I like friends simply sitting at home makes me irritating my laws are not at all gud .Chatting with my fb friends gives me refresh on my day why my hubby gets angry on me whether he doubts me? One my fb friend texted me how are u sis? my hubby seen this text and started shouting on me who is he to call u sis! In what motivation u accepted his friendship he questioned me a lot.Really really feeling soo bad on his questions. I never ever questioned my hubby about his foreign trips and his frnds. I nvr doubted on him.L always keep my friends on my limits .I knw well am married and limits of married women. After marriage making friends is it sin? Or my hubby doubts on me ? am confused.
Genophobia or coitophobia is the irrational psychological fear of intercourse. It is a type of a phobia and people suffering from it fill all or most of the criteria of specific phobia according to the ICD (The International Statistical Classification of Diseases). Genophobic people may be terrified of sexual intercourse or all acts involving sex. It is different from erotophobia in the sense erotophobia is the irrational fear of sexuality and not the act in itself.
- The causes of genophobia may be attributed to different experiences and origins according to different psychological perspectives. According to the psychoanalytic perspective, genophobia may be caused by the rigid or extremely religious upbringing, which affected the development of ego, making the individual fear all acts that are sexual because it causes moral anxiety and a severe clash of the superego (ethical portion of one's personality)and i'd (primitive component of one's personality).
- According to the learning perspective, genophobia may develop due to an unpleasant sexual experience such as rape or molestation. Rape Trauma Syndrome leads the survivor to relive the trauma several times and develop apprehension. They may begin to fear sex eventually by relating it to the unpleasant experience, eventually leading to genophobia. It may also be caused if the individual observes sexual acts that are traumatizing in nature, in media or otherwise.
- It may also result from severe performance anxiety, especially for those who lack sexual experience and have abstained from sex for a prolonged period of time. There is also a chance that other phobias, such as the fear of diseases, especially STDs, may lead to a fear of sexual acts. Some people might relate sexual intercourse with acquiring diseases, thus leading to the development of genophobia.
Symptoms: Symptoms of genophobia include the fear of sexual intercourse and all acts within, breathlessness, nausea, dizziness, feeling sick and fear of losing control. All these symptoms take place in the context of sexual acts.
Treatment: Genophobia is treated like all other phobias. Therapeutic technique such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (a conversation centric therapy that focuses on how thoughts and beliefs can affect one's actions) is widely used in the treatment of genophobia along with medications. The therapeutic technique varies from patient to patient. For instance, the therapeutic technique used for a rape survivor would be completely different from that which is used for an individual with a fear of STDs. With proper treatment, genophobia is curable, eventually allowing the individual to have a particularly healthy sex life.
Hi, I am 28 years old married women. I have my neighbors son who is a teenager. And he calls me didi. But yesterday all of a sudden he came to me and directly asked that "Didi can I masturbate" I was very shocked listening that word from him. I asked him to repeat what he said. Then he told me that his friend circle is influencing too much which is making him to watch porn movies. and to masturbate as well. But I refused him to use my toilet to use for all this shit things. and I also advised him that to leave such kind of friend circle and I can understand your feelings at this age it's very common. But you should first concentrate on your studies not on all this porn and masturbation. But I am worried that does he had any such sex thoughts on me which made him to come and ask me so daily. please advise how to handle him. Actually I am a working women so I don't interact with anybody. But still that guy came and spoke to me like that. Is this triggering me something. Or should I just ignore and move on.
I am in tension my mind think one thing again and again I am now fear from people my life become so difficult I feel fear of death I wash my hands I forget next moment I think I am suffering from anxiety disorder what I do I think that some small ant also kill me.
The article of 8 alcoholic beverage benefits is good to know but its even better how much to consume and how much is excess for human body.
Stay silent. Feels sleepy and tired. Forget things. Don't feel hunger. Get scared of new faces. Thinks a lot. All of sudden get irritated ones in a day without any reason. Can't stay alone at home. Can't go out for shopping.
Here are some symptoms of depression, are you or have you or your loved one expericing any of these?
* Feeling sad constaly?
* Getting irritable and angry for simple reasons?
* Head is filled with negative thoughts?
* Don't feel like getting out of the bed? brushing and bathing feels like a task?
* Feel like you have no one?
* Lack any kind of motivation?
* Lack of intrest in doing things which were fun before. Lack of energy?
* Feel empty inside?
* Crying a lot off late?
* Unable to sleep, or eat?
* Unable to concentrate?
* Feel life is not worth living?
* Feeling hopeless and worthless?
* Feels like no one understands you?
* Feeling lonely even among a crowd?
* Want to be left alone, avoiding meeting people!
* Feeling guilty for no reason?
* Increased drinking/ smoking?
Sometimes there may be no reason for sadness
It is not necessary that there has got to be a trigger.
So if you see this in you or your loved one please contact a psychiatrist. There is no need to suffer. The doctor can help ease the pain and help you in dealing with the situation.
Psychiaty is no longer a taboo. Let's break that myth and seek some help.