Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arunkumar Krishna Rao
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Arunkumar Krishna RaoYour feedback matters!
I have blocked nose and throat pain since last 4-5 days. Throat pain reduced after taking antibiotics (safexim. But blocked nose is terribly uncomfortable. How can I get rid of all the mucous and phlegm in my nose throat and lungs to feel better? I do not want to depend on medicines as they usually dry up the mucous inside the body. Any effective permanent treatment for this problem? I get this once every year and its very discomforting.
Hello everyone, I am Dr Madhulika Sharma. I have been practicing daily for 15 years and I would be telling you precisely on the topic of sore throat.
People are not that aware of the topic sore throat , because what they feel is the common complaints that 'I have irritation in the throat, I have a feeling of dryness, I have a little bit of pain in my throat that really pains and when I swallow '. These are the common complaints . So many a times , reason is not only associated with sore throat. Some of the patients have actual infections from other things associated with that .
So we need to consult a specialist to treat it. The most common cause of sore throat - as you call it pain in the throat is viral infection which in most of the cases , they do not need any treatment at all . They can be mild infection . In case of mild infection , simple gargle and home remedies will also help . But if you do not feel comfortable even after 2 days , you should go to the specialist then. The second most common cause is bacterial infections . In these cases , the patients will have fever and small swellings. There are other associated symptoms like fever which is not responding to medication at all.
All these symptoms can be associated with most commonly with bacterial infection. Then apart from that , sometimes these infections lead to abscess formation that is all the more grave because many times we do take medication from outside and they just keep continuing that and then the abscess builds up and then that leads to severe complications. So whatever simple medicines we take , we should try only for 2-3 days and not more than that , because after that it becomes difficult for patients as well as doctor.
Now apart from this , many a times very few patients come with pain in throat they have been taking treatment and there are symptoms inside the throat that only we can see . Only ENT specialist can examine them and we can come to know that you have this problem and just treating the answer itself reads the problem right . Then sometimes there are foreign bodies that are stuck in the throat - people think that it is sore throat and start taking medication for that .
So all these things have to be treated only after proper examination , but of course it is not a grave problem most of the times . So initially , one or two days you can of course take medication. Rest simple warm saline gargle is a wonder drug that can help each and every patient and you can always contact me online rate on other sites and I would be really happy to help you.
Thank you so much!
My nose is block while sleeping for over 15 days. What kind of treatment I have to take. Please suggest me.
I do not have tonsils but since last 4 - 5 days its like someone is pinching in my throat. At very particular left side of my neck. What it can be?
I am a singer, but my throat goes weak and sometimes burns even after singing a single song. So that I would like to have tips that enhance my throat health and voice quality.
I am 45 year old I have a throat problems pain and tonsil last 2-3 years, doctor say that your abandonment is not proper working, you have a gas problems, toilet not clear at the morning times. please Advice me.
Hi Doctors, Need your advice. I am feeling pain like burning sensation from throat to stomach up to navel even at the chest .what it is exactly gas problem or something else .i am not eating any spicy foods also only curd rice I'm eating and coconut water. I am having cold and cough fully.
A nasal polyp is a growth within the nasal cavity, which may cause problems with your health. Smaller polyps don't tend to create any problem, but larger ones can cause breathing difficulty, sneezing problems, losing the sense of smell and a dampening of taste as well. Conventional medicine usually prescribes surgery, but homeopathy has effective cures to reduce the polyp and lessen the symptoms over time.
Cures for nasal polyps in Homeopathy:
1. Phosphorus: This medication is especially effective if you have nasal polyps that bleed. This is effective with people who have a tall and slender build and tend to develop a thirst for cold water as the polyp grows within them. The polyps may bleed regularly and also block the nostrils in such a way that they get a circular motion when breathing.
2. Lemna Minor: This medicine is very effective when there is an intense level of nasal blockage and you are experiencing anosmia or a loss of the sense of smell. These kind of nasal polyps tend to worsen during the wet season and can even cause a thick white discharge from the nose which has a foul smell.
3. Calcarea Carbonica: Useful in the cases of people who are overweight, some homeopathic doctors tend to prescribe this medication in cases where a person may be quickly affected by seasonal changes, such as hot to cold or cold to hot weather. Other symptoms where this medication is applicable are:
- Frequent sneezing
- Profuse sweating during the night
- Sore nose
- Small amounts of white discharge
- Nostrils are mostly dry
4. Conium Maculatum: This medication is very effective if you have a dry nose, which seems to get sudden discharges irregularly. Instead of a loss of smell, you may develop a more acute sense of smell. If the patient is suffering from frequent sneezes and complains of nasal blocks in the morning, conium can be an effective remedy
5. Sanguinaria Canadensis: This medicine is know be a great remedy primarily for polyps, which are right sided or occur within the right nostril of the nose. Some of the symptoms where Sanguinaria Canadensis is very effective are:
- Profuse amounts of nasal discharge
- Frequent sneezing
- Swollen nasal membrane
- Right sided headache along with right sided blockage of nostrils