Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ArchanaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from skin allergy due to sun. My face became dark, I consulted skin doctor and Dr. Prescribed medicines 1.HCQS 200 and Montair-LC daily before bed since six months. No improvements. Sun screen also applied when goes to out side. Is there lasor treatement? My age is 72 years.
Sir, I am 38Y Male. 90 KGs. Fasting 100, PP 156. BP remains normal at 130/80. Walk 100 min per week. Father Diabetic. HbA1C 6.0. Would I require medication or I can help myself by mere lifestyle changes? I have stopped rice and very less sugar intake now. I have discomfort in knee in the form of little pain (May be due to Vit D Deficiency). Any tests you recommend? Thank you for your guidance.
Hi I'm a male or boys how to take care of our skin and body to keep it glowing , clear and fairer please tel me plz.
I have a problem of dust allergy. I'm getting violent sneezes these days. I went through allergy test and had oral vaccinations for about 4 months (june-sept 2016) but there is no impact till now. Since 4 days i'm also taking Allegra tablets as prescribed by another doctor. Please help how shall I deal with it. I'm fed up of it. Help me out with permanent solution.
I am Dark 29 years old male. My face skin is completely Dark and oily. Is there any way to improve and Get a little bit fair skin. Please help.
My shoulder have a back pain. I really paining and depressed with it. My shoulder is very paining now. And I want to cure myself. Help please sir. I am very thankful for you.
I have frequent problem with uric acid from 7. 1 to 8. 2. A weeks medication subsides the problem to recurr every year. Kindly advice
I have corns on my leg from last 6 months what should I do? I have it on my hand also how does the cause?
How to protect my teeth from germs, how can I improve my teeth color according to white like a cute baby. How can I care about my hair also?
My son is 13 years old. His tooths are not in order. I have to fix him a clip. So kindly advice whether it would be painful and any teeth are to be removed. And what would be the approximate cost for fixing a clip.
I am suffering headache every morning. What medicine I will give? I am all medicine take ayurvedic and also penculer but not problem solve all morning headache pls success.
Passive or second hand smoking is breathing someone else's cigarette smoke which contains more than 4000 chemicals and toxins. Heart disease caused by second hand smoke kills approximately 46000 non-smokers every year. Long term exposure may lead to negative effects on the blood and blood vessels.
Im 21 years female my skin gets dark wen I go out in sun please suggest affordable Sunscreen for face and body. And home remedies to get rid of sun Tan. please ans for both questions.
Thalassemia is a genetic (which is passed from parents to children through genes) blood disorder. People with Thalassemia disease are not able to make enough hemoglobin, which causes severe anemia. Hemoglobin is found in red blood cells and carries oxygen to all parts of the body. When there is not enough hemoglobin in the red blood cells, oxygen cannot get to all parts of the body. Organs then become starved for oxygen and are unable to function properly.
There are two types of Thalassemia disease
- Alpha Thalassemia disease: There are two main types of Alpha Thalassemia disease. Alpha Thalassemia Major is a very serious disease in which severe anemia begins even before birth. Pregnant women carrying affected fetuses are themselves at risk for serious pregnancy and delivery complications. Another type of Alpha Thalassemia is Hemoglobin H disease. There are varying degrees of Hemoglobin H disease.
- Beta Thalassemia disease: Beta Thalassemia Major (also called Cooley's Anemia) is a serious illness. Symptoms appear in the first two years of life and include paleness of the skin, poor appetite, irritability, and failure to grow. Proper treatment includes routine blood transfusions and other therapies.
Causes of Thalassemia
Thalassemia occurs when there’s an abnormality or mutation in one of the genes involved in hemoglobin production. You inherit this genetic defect from your parents.
If only one of the parents is a carrier for thalassemia, the child may develop a form of the disease known as thalassemia minor. If this occurs, the born child probably won’t have symptoms, but he/she will be a carrier of the disease. Some people with thalassemia minor do develop minor symptoms.
If both of your parents are carriers of thalassemia, you have a greater chance of inheriting a more serious form of the disease.
The symptoms depend on the type of thalassemia:
- Thalassemia Minor: Thalassemia minor usually doesn’t cause any symptoms. If it does, it causes minor anemia.
- Beta-thalassemia: Beta-thalassemia comes in two serious types, which are thalassemia major, or Cooley’s anemia, and thalassemia intermedia. The symptoms of thalassemia major generally appear before a child’s second birthday. The severe anemia related to this condition can be life-threatening. Other signs and symptoms include:
- frequent infections
- a poor appetite
- failure to thrive
- jaundice, which is a yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes
- enlarged organs
This form of thalassemia is usually so severe that it requires regular blood transfusions.
- Alpha-thalassemia: Alpha-thalassemia also has two serious types, which are hemoglobin H disease and hydrops fetalis. Hemoglobin H disease can cause bone issues. The cheeks, forehead, and jaw may all overgrow. Hemoglobin H disease can cause:
- jaundice, which is a yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes
- an extremely enlarged spleen
Hydrops fetalis is an extremely severe form of thalassemia. It occurs before birth. Most individuals with this condition are either stillborn or die shortly after being born.
How is thalassemia diagnosed?
Thalassaemia is often detected during pregnancy or soon after birth.
- Screening during pregnancy: Screening to check if a baby is at risk of being born with thalassemia is offered to all pregnant women.
- Testing after birth or later in life: Newborn babies aren't routinely tested for thalassemia because the test used isn't always reliable soon after birth and the condition isn't immediately dangerous. However, the main form of the condition – beta thalassemia major – is often picked up as part of the newborn blood spot test (heel prick). A blood test can be carried out at any point to diagnose the condition if a child or adult has symptoms of thalassemia and the condition wasn't picked up earlier on.
- Testing for the Thalassemia Trait- A blood test can be done at any time to find out if you have the thalassemia trait and are at risk of having a child with the condition. This can be particularly useful if you have a family history of the condition or your partner is known to carry thalassemia.
If your child has thalassemia, blood tests may reveal:
- A low level of red blood cells
- Smaller than expected red blood cells
- Pale red blood cells
- Red blood cells that are varied in size and shape
- Red blood cells with uneven hemoglobin distribution, which gives the cells a bull's-eye appearance under the microscope
Blood tests may also be used to:
- Measure the amount of iron in your child's blood
- Evaluate his or her hemoglobin
- Perform DNA analysis to diagnose thalassemia or to determine if a person is carrying mutated hemoglobin genes
Treatment for Thalassemia-
The treatment for thalassemia depends on the type and severity of disease involved. Your doctor will give you a course of treatment that will work best for your particular case.
Some of the utilized treatments include:
- blood transfusions
- a bone marrow transplant (BMT)
- medications and supplements
- possible surgery to remove the spleen or gallbladder
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.