Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anuradha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnuradhaYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex with my bf on 9 june nd my last month period started at 17 may .he penetrated whole of his semen into my genital aperture bt I took unwanted 72 after an hour of this deed. Is there any chance of pregnancy I am very tensed please reply me as soon as possible.
Four years ago I have developed problem of itching inside my vagina and my doctor prescribed me some medicines and ointments. At that time it reduced my itching but not completely and I find my vagina little swollen at a point one inch's inside. While I do sex the swelling increase and after sex pain starts for about 1-2 hours. However while my husband use lots of lubricant than pain is very less but swelling remain as such. It's about 4 years now and this problem still as such. Also it's always little painful when we star sex in position other than missionary position. I have no itching now in my vagina but swelling remain as such and after friction swelling increase and little aching for about an hour after sex. Please suggest me which doctor should I consult and what is severity of my problem and it's medication and possibilities of cure.
My friend got her period while having sex with her boyfriend and then started bleeding but after few hours it stopped and still the period hasn't started again.
I will be doing follicular study to help me know the exact time I ovulate from day 9th of my cycle. My question is it best to have relation on the day of rupture or one day prior to it to increase the highest chance of pregnancy. My gums suggested to have relation only on day of rupture thats really bothering me. Because having relation every alternate days I have heard lowers the sperm count which are already exhausted ny the time of ovulation. please help. Thanks in advance.
All women have to go through menstruation or periods with the only choice of endurance in hand. A woman's body and mind undergo distinct changes during the phase of menstruation. PMS or Premenstrual Syndrome refers to some symptoms which a woman experiences just before her monthly periods begin. These symptoms can be both physical and mental, and they vary among different women. Homeopathy helps in the effective cure of PMS, and has no side effects. Homeopathic medicines give women relief from the symptoms of PMS.
Here are some common homeopathic medicines for curing PMS:
- Sepia: This is the best homeopathic medicine for PMS. It helps in curbing the extreme irritability caused in women suffering from PMS and calms the mind. It is specially used in case of pain in the uterus during this phase and in women with irregular menstrual cycles.
- Ignatia: This homeopathic remedy is used during PMS for treating depression and mood swings that women undergo. Before periods, many women experience a state of sadness and become emotionally depressed. Ignatia cures this depression and makes the women happier.
- Pulsatilla: During PMS, it is likely for women to get extra sensitive towards everything, and they tend to get affected by the most insignificant matters. Pulsatilla can be used in such situations as it reduces the extra sensitivity and makes the women appear normal. It is used in cases of disrupted menstrual flow, accompanied by loss of thirst.
- Lachesis: This homeopathic medicine is used for women who suffer from body pain during PMS. The pain occurs due to the PMS and can be in the form of headaches and aches in other parts of the body. Women also tend to get over talkative, and the body may feel heated up.
- Conium: Some women develop breast tenderness during PMS, characterized by swelling, enlargement or pain in the breasts. The breasts also become hard and touching causes an increase in the pain. Conium is the best homeopathic medicine for treating this kind of pain.
- Chamomilla: This medicine is similar to sepia and helps in curing irritability in women before periods. It is used when irritability makes the women avoid talking and abstain from communicating.
- Bryonia: Similar to Conium, Bryonia is another homeopathic medicine, which helps in curing breast tenderness in women during PMS. Bryonia is used when the pain is extremely heavy and intense.
- Carbo veg: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for the treatment of abdominal bloating in women during PMS. Heaviness and distension are caused in the abdomen, which further lead to pain.
Women suffer quite a lot during PMS, just before their monthly periods, and homeopathic medicines provide the best, natural treatment for these symptoms and conditions.
The study, which was conducted at the University of Haifa in Israel, found that nursing may lower the risk of pediatric leukemia by 14 to 19 percent. The scientists reached this conclusion by performing a meta-analysis of 18 studies that had been previously published. The subjects of each of the 18 investigations were mothers of children who had been diagnosed with leukemia and mothers of children who were healthy. They were asked questions that included whether or not they breastfed their children and their responses were compiled and compared.
The research was not designed to prove cause and effect, and these findings in no way show that failure to nurse a baby causes pediatric leukemia. However, that difference of 14 to 19 percent is significant enough to establish an association between breastfeeding and lowering a child’s risk of this disease. The scientists found that it was a minimum of six months of breastfeeding that appears to confer some type of protection.
The major weakness of this type of study is that the findings are based on recall. You might think that you would certainly remember the length of time that you nursed a child, but if you are asked about it several years later and have more than one kid, some of the details might be a little fuzzy. However, even if that is an issue, it stands to reason that most mothers can provide a fairly accurate account of whether or not they breastfed and the approximate duration.
At any rate, even if the 14 to 19 percent determined by the scientists is slightly off, the evidence still provides a link to reducing the chance of your child developing leukemia. And any potential reduction of a risk like that is something most mothers would jump at. Leukemias, which affect the bone marrow and blood, are responsible for approximately 30 percent of all pediatric cancers according to the American Cancer Society. It is the most common form of childhood cancer, and treatment typically involves chemotherapy and sometimes radiation or surgery as well.
While the research did not address exactly how breastfeeding might help prevent pediatric leukemia, the answer might lie in a 2014 study at the University of Kentucky in Lexington that showed breast milk is an effective route of transmitting antibodies from mother to baby. These antibodies serve a valuable function by quickly bringing the infant’s immune system up to speed and helping the child fight off infections. And as Jon Barron has pointed out,cancer is intimately tied to the strength of your immune system. Other research has found that breastfed babies are hospitalized less frequently than their bottle-fed counterparts, have a lower risk of sudden infant death syndrome, and have diminished rates of ear infections, diarrhea, allergies, anddiabetes.
Ultimately, to breastfeed a child or not is a matter of choice. But with so many proven health benefits to both infant and mother (breastfeeding has been shown to reduce your risk of breast and ovarian cancer as well as rheumatoid arthritis), it is hard to imagine many reasons why a woman would choose formula over nursing. Of course sometimes there are extenuating circumstances due to an adoption, inability to produce sufficient quantities of breast milk, and other issues that might preclude nursing. But any time spent breastfeeding is worthwhile for the health of both you and your little one.
Loss of sensation refers to numbness in a particular or several areas of the body. Individuals suffering from the condition becomes incapable of feeling touch, temperature, pain, and vibration in the affected regions of the body. When this happens, it may lead to issues with balance, walking, driving and coordination which makes them more susceptible to injuries. If numbness is present for a long span of time, it may cause a host of issues. Such people are not able to notice infections, ulcers, and injuries since they are not able to feel pain at all which in most cases leads to further complications.
How does the pathway for sensation work?
In order to feel the normal sensations, the sensory receptors are supposed to detect the information in as well as around the body. These receptors should send the signal through the sensory nerves and the nerve roots which are formed by joining together the sensory nerves into thick and short branches. It may also reach through the brain stem and to the area of the brain which is in charge of perceiving and interpreting the sensory signals.
What are the causes of partial or complete loss of sensation?
- Different conditions can lead to numbness, and they may include:
- Blocking or reducing the supply of blood to the nerves present in the body resulting from a stroke
- Damage in the pathway for sensation which may result from sudden injuries or hereditary problems affecting the nerves called Friedriech ataxia.
- Compression in the pathways of the nerve or infection in the nerve which typically occurs in HIV infection or Lyme disease
- Metabolic abnormalities which occur in high blood sugar, vitamin B12 deficiency, and arsenic poisoning.
Sometimes, excessive pressure on various parts of the neural pathway may lead to loss of sensation. When a person repeats the same movements over and over again, it leads to internal swelling which may cause partial or complete loss of sensation. Herniation or rupture of the disk in the spine can cause osteoarthritis or narrowing of the passageway of the spinal cord. Lastly, an injury or a tumor or formation of pus near the spinal cord may result in this condition as well.
What are the treatment options for partial or complete loss of sensation?
When the sensations are impaired, the treatments for the problem depends on the cause of the problem. For instance, if an individual suffers from diabetic neuropathy, it is crucial to bring down the blood sugar levels by treating with insulin. Sometimes, doctors also recommend painkillers for treating abnormal sensations. One must also practice careful and proper foot care which also includes cutting the toenails in a podiatrist's office. But in case a pinched nerve or sciatica is the cause of impaired sensation, surgery can help in relieving the conditions to a great extent.
Thus, a loss of sensation is not to be overlooked and a doctor is to be consulted at the earliest to avoid complications.
Compelling urge to get physical with your partner that is an aberration from what is expected of a person, that is to say usual genital arousal for a phenotypically normal, physically of age and consenting human counterpart, is referred to as Paraphilia or sexual perversion. This condition lives up to the standards of a disabling problem when it hampers the overall health of a person, leads to psychological setback or victimization of another individual (read more for healthy sexual life).
Psychological impacts of going through such a condition
1. The perpetrator of the variation may or may not see this as a condition: The person suffering from this condition may or may not treat it as a problem. In both ways, it is harmful. Knowing it as a problem and not seeking treatment or assistance can be harmful for oneself and others. Not realizing that you are subject to a serious sexual condition might propel you to commit wrong to non- consensual partners while being confident about your ways.
2. Social ostracization kills them: Coming in the open with a sexual fantasy that is not acceptable to the society can leave you with varied reactions. People might be incited to attack you for being unusual or they might isolate you. The latter is a probable outcome. Rarely does society guide you towards betterment in such cases. Social ostracization can result in deep rooted hatred for the world at large.
3. Perpetual humiliation can push them more into Paraphilia: Humiliation for being different from the rest can make a person feel shame. Shame and constant regret cannot help an instance of sexual perversion. It can make a man or woman more obstinate. In such a situation a person would strongly cling to his or her condition feeling extremely dejected.
4. 'To be or not to be' haunts people suffering from Paraphilia: Many times a sufferer is not able to understand what is wrong in having objectionable sexual behavioral tendencies and fantasies. As long as your fantasies are limited to your own mental domain or are performed on a consensual partner, there are no complications. The minute an obnoxious sexual urge is performed leading to personal or public harm, a threatening hitch arises.
5. Problems in expressing oneself can make a person suicidal: To adhere to societal norms a person might keep his desires on a leash. This kind of compromising over a long span of time will make a person depressive and may also prompt him to commit suicide.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Tired of slogging alone in the gym? Well, it has been seen that people with less friends or a gym buddy tend to skip their sessions more often. Reasons like too tired, too much rain, too much sun and so on and so forth, tend to crop up. But, if you have a health buddy, things become much more bearable and you actually look forward to that time of the day instead of blatantly avoiding it. This is true for diet control, exercising and a host of other health related activities as well. So come and find out how to find a health buddy this Friendship Day, and how having a friend can motivate you to stay healthy!
- Finding a Health Buddy: Look closely in your circle of friends, or even at your acquaintances who live nearby or in the same locality or building as yours. Do you see anyone who is motivated when it comes to healthcare and fitness? Do you see anyone who watches what he or she eats and who also regularly likes to suggest outdoor pursuits when the group has to get together? This friend may be the one who will become the perfect health buddy. Also, if you find someone who is in the same boat as you, but aware of the issues, you can suggest becoming a health buddy because you can both motivate each other.
- Routine: Make a routine with your new health buddy and start meeting each other at regular timings and for a good amount of time. Seek each other out at parties and stay with each other to help avoid eating what you are not supposed to. Message each other your progress every day and report what you eat when you go out without this buddy.
- Avoiding and Dismissing: When someone is knocking at your door at five in the morning, it is usually difficult to avoid or dismiss the impending action due to social and emotional reasons. So, when your gym buddy arrives to pick you up, or when you know you have to meet this person at a certain time, you would not want to keep this friend waiting or dismiss the thought of going to the gym with a press of the snooze button.
- Distractions: Your health buddy with give you positive distractions by way of conversations and other such things so that you do not realise how quickly the gym session or walking time has passed by. Also, with the help of this person, you will probably not get bored which tends to make us eat junk.
So get yourself a healthy buddy this Friendship Day and make a commitment towards health and fitness!