Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anuradha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnuradhaYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old. Last tym I had my. Periods on 17 /nov/2015 and its 30 dec now I didn't get my periods yet. I have done pregnancy test but its negative all time. I have gone to gyne she gave me sandoz tab. But. Still. I. M. Eating dose tab from 26 but still dint get my periods. I m worried please tell. Me. Proper cause. And treatment.
Hirsutism is a condition of unwanted hair growth in certain areas of a women's face and body, such as upper lip, beard area, chest and abdomen, that creates a "male pattern" of hair growth. It affects around 5-10% of the women and is a common presenting complaint among females for cosmetic reasons.
Hirsutism is attributed either to increased production or increased sensitivity of the hair follicles to the male hormone- testosterone. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), which causes irregular menstrual cycles, is the main cause of the same. However in some cases the reasons for the same can be unknown as all reports may seem normal. Such a type is called Idiopathic Hirsutism. It is important for women to not feel shy and embarrassed about the situation. Often resorting to excessive bleaching and razers can harm the skin and the self image of a woman. You should come forward and talk to either a Gyneacologist or an Endocrinologist. The doctors after taking the complete history would advice certain tests that would measure the amount of certain hormones in the blood. If the androgen levels are elevated, doctor may recommend an ultrasound or a CT scan to check ovaries and adrenal glands for tumors or cysts.
The main causes of Hirsutism are:
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: In 70% of the cases PCOS is the cause of Hirsutism. Women with PCOS often have hirsutism in combination with acne, balding near the front of the head, and menstrual irregularities. PCOS is also accompanied by infertility (due to menstrual irregularity), obesity, diabetes , High cholesterol and possible heart disease.
- Idiopathic Hirsutism: Idiopathic hirsutism refers to hirsutism that has no identifiable cause. It is usually a mild variation of PCOS. A gradual increased growth of coarse body hair is typically the only symptom in women with this condition. Menstrual cycles are normal in women with idiopathic hirsutism.
- Drug Induced: Certain drugs and steroids taken the past can trigger a hormonal imbalance and cause hirsutism
- Adrenal or tumour causes: These are rare and are related to tumours or abnormal functioning of the adrenal gland.
Since Hirsutism can be a combination of medical issues self medication is not recommended. There are a variety of ways through which the same can be managed or cured. The treatment options are:
- Medical Management: The doctors can recommend a combination of drugs such as oral contraceptives (contain estrogen & progestin that inhibits the male hormone), anti-androgens and insulin sensitive drugs.
- Cosmetic Hair Removal: Electrolysis and the modern day safe Laser therapy are sought after cosmetic ways for removal of unwanted hair. The procedures destroy the hair follicles and prevent the hair from growing.
- Surgical Therapy: Only in specific cases Laparoscopic ovarian drilling or removal of ovarian & adrenal tumours can help treat Hirsutism.
It is important to understand that this problem is medical and can be treated, managed and cured with expert advice & guidance. Women usually get depressed and have image issues. One should not get distressed; it may be a possibility that the reason may be just a little imbalance in your hormones. Eating healthy, weight loss and exercise are tried and tested natural ways to keep your body fit & balanced.
“Health is wealth”, this is a proverb that all of us have been acquainted with ever since childhood, but not many of us pay it the importance that it deserves. One of the best ways to keep your health, in the form it should be kept by opting for power foods and topping that list of the most effective power foods is the Indian Gooseberry (Amla).
Why Indian Gooseberry?
Amla has been recognised as the powerhouse of variety of nutrients, all of which are geared towards aiding and nurturing one or the other part of your body. Amla or the Indian Gooseberry is an important part of Ayurveda medicine as well and is prescribed by all the Ayurvedic specialists either in the form of medicine or as a part of their patient’s daily diet.
- Combats cough and flu: According to Ayurvedic specialists, Amla is a brilliant cure for a general cough and flu. Mixing two teaspoons of the amla juice with two teaspoons of honey and consuming it on a regular basis can help with curing cough and cold in a shorter span of time compared to any other medication.
- Is a great cure for anti ageing: Amla is referred to as a super fruit that helps with controlling ageing. The fact that it owns a high content of antioxidants allows it to reduce the chances of cell damage. It is also useful in fighting the different side effects of the free radicals also assists it in withholding signs of ageing.
- Works against heart diseases: Consumption of high cholesterol food leads to high cholesterol level in your blood. The floating of cholesterol on the blood leads to the blockage of crucial arteries and veins, leading to a number of cardiac diseases. It halts the building of bad cholesterol in the blood vessels and thus reduces the chances of a heart attack. Not only does it serve the above-mentioned functions but also stops the heart from thickening or clogging.
- Works towards reducing blood sugar: Fruits that are generally high in polyphenol are able to help the body combat the ill effects of high blood sugar. Since Indian Gooseberry has a high content of polyphenol, it helps diabetic patients in better absorption of insulin, thus helping in the reduction of blood sugar levels.
- Treats ulcer: Amla is recognised to have very high antibacterial properties which help it to prevent any kind of ulcer. The fact that amla is high in vitamin c also reduces the chance of mouth ulcers, which are often caused due to the deficiency of the same. Amla also assists in bringing down the acidity level in the body, which all in all eliminates any chance of ulcer creation in the body.
According to researchers and Ayurvedic medical experts, there is a whole list of other benefits that Indian gooseberries extend to us. Some of these other benefits include- immediate relief from constipation, influences hair growth, prevents lice, reduces pigmentation and gives a natural glow to the skin, cools the body down, improves eyesight and much more.
Hello Doctor I'm 18 Doctor I am having problem with my periods I get less blood on first day second day is heavy and third day it's like small drops and that's it. I'm not getting my period like the others who get heavy flow for 5-6 days. Please suggest me some medication.
I'm a 40 years old man, married and had a 6 years old girl, it has been for 7 years for our married life and expecting to have one more child to our life. My wife have got pregnant 2 times but there two times my went abortion. Please help me doctor.
I'm getting spot bleeding. Last month I got my period on 24th. This month I didn't get my period. Im not sexually active n not married. Im a student. Is this because hormonal imbalance? Kindly tell me the reason n treatment.
A healthy sex drive is a natural part of an individual's makeup, so if you are experiencing low sex drive it's important to investigate the causes with your doctor.
- A wide range of illness, physical changes and medications can cause a low sex drive, including sexual problems, medical diseases, medications, lifestyle, surgery, fatigue etc. Changes in hormone levels are also one of the most common causes of low sexual desire in women. Hormonal changes like menopause, pregnancy and breast feeding can dampen a women’s sex drive.
- Fortunately, however, there are a number of natural home remedies that can not only boost your sex drive but will also improve your mood, help you look and feel better and raise your overall energy levels as well.
- Note: these are health tips only, we will not responsible for any unwanted result or claim.