Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. AnjumYour feedback matters!
KNEE PAIN- HOW TO TAKE CARE
Wear and tear of body is inevitable. And joints are
the worst affected as we age, out of which the knees rule.
A popping sound with pain in the knee, swelling and inability to
put weight on the leg indicate a knee sprain or a tear. Fractures,
dislocations, cartilage injuries,arthritic changes or bursitis are
painful enough. But how to avoid knee injuries and pain? Knee pain
can improve with some good body mechanics like change in movement,
ergonomics, exercise and care.
1. Never ignore pain. Pain is one of the first warning signs that
something is amiss. After a few days of home treatment if the knee
pain worsens or does not improve it is time to call the doctor!
2. Get rest. Rest is a must if you are a very physically active
person. And all the more so if you are above 30.
3. Weight control is mandatory if your knees hurt. Being overweight
increases your chances of knee pain especially the arthritic one as
the excess load causes the degeneration of the cartilage. You can
try walking or a stationary bike for exercise without traumatising
4. Too much of physical activity including strenuous exercises can
cost you your knees. Straining the body on the pretext of
weight loss, a sudden increase in the duration of the activity or a
rapid increase in the intensity are unwise. Always warm up with
stretches and cool down adequately.
5. If you have duck feet (walking with feet turned out) you are
more susceptible to knee pain.
6. Be careful while lifting weights as they are only bad for your
back but also for your knees. Bend carefully putting the knees back
and heels down. Put the weight on your muscles and off your knees.
7. Discard hard shoes but use soft breathing flexible shoes
recommended for the desired activity.
8. Know that some cholesterol lowering drugs, antacids and the like
may cause knee pain.
Knee injuries need not remain forever. Time and rest can heal most
of them and not often do they call for surgeries.
Wishing you good health,
Hi. I am facing the problem of pain on my back of the neck from last 3 years. And regularly I am having pain on my neck. And from last 3 weeks I am having pain on my neck which pains so badly. My Dr. Not sure about the problem. Please help me and do let me knew about the problem. It hurts me so badly.
I am 69 years old retired male.After retirement in January 2016, I go for 45 minutes morning walk almost everyday. I am 174 cm height and weigh@72 kg. I stay with my Spouse & daughter, son-in-law and grand child of 2 years. Normally, I maintain good health except for skin problem in both foot which started almost 35 years back for which I am under medication as under; 1.omnacortil -5 mg once daily 2.Zycolchin -5 mg once daily. Later in January 2014 I was asked to take; 3.Renodapt -500 mg x2 once 4.Aciterm -1/2 mg once. The last 2 medicines were started about 20 months back on the advise of doctors (In January 2014, I had some blood clotting problem and was treated by Cardiologist, Pulmonary Specialist, rheumatologist for a week in Manual hospital.) For the last 8 days I have severe pain in waist. I get temp. Often which subsides after taking Dolo-650. I have not moved out since last 8 days. Pl suggest tests (in detail) to be carried out.
I am suffering from from knee joint pain for last 5to6 months ,i recommended the doctor who give me pain killers ,which proved ineffective. Can you give me some alternative other than medicines?
Sir my left foot is injured by steel and i did MRI there are result of MRI 1.Mild knee joint effusion. 2.Ligament strain seen anterior crucaite pigment. Please advise.
From last year I have pimple problem . Lots of pimples came on face as well as on my neck and on shoulder also .still they keep on rising .is there any solution for this?
I have regular pain in my crural (leg) & knee. When I walk more than 1 km or stands at a constant position, what should I do?
Hi sir I am having pain in my hips and pelvis and also in the inner part of thigh since 5 months. Got MRI done 2 might months ago. Report is normal. From past one month pain has increases on activity. Have been trying hot fermentation and physiotherapy, not much help.
She is a school teacher and suffering from leg pain (top to bottom) since last 3 months and now it has increased. Kindly advice the reason and treatment.
I am 44 old year male of 90 kg weight. My coccyx is bent and I am uncomfortable while sitting what should I do?
In had an accident a year ago injuring my ankles ligament (rupture. It recovered within 21 days but soon I developed another rupture at the same place due to my fault. And now it's been an year of recovering and accident I still at times get pains in the same place.
I have a lumbar buldge in my L2-L5 .Is there any treatment for this or with a complete rest will recover my pain ?Even when I stand and sit for a more time it causes pain and also when I lie down on a carpet that causes pain.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a disorder of the joints characterized by swelling, inflammation and pain in the joints. This disorder is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the immune cells of the body start to view the tissues of the body as a potential threat.
Homeopathy treats this condition very effectively as it focuses on treating the cause of the disorder. The remedies in homeopathy moderate the overactive immune system and thus help in reducing inflammation in the bones. The homeopathic practitioner starts the diagnosis by enquiring about your medical history, symptoms, working environment and provides treatment accordingly.
The various homeopathic remedies that are used to treat rheumatoid arthritis are:
- Calcarea carbonica: Arthritis that leads to formation of nodes in the affected joint, accompanied by symptoms, which aggravate during damp weather, is very effectively remedied by this particular homeopathic medicine.
- Arnica: Arnica is a homeopathic remedy that is used to treat symptoms of chronic arthritis where you experience a sore feeling on a regular basis. The symptoms tend to worsen if you touch the affected area.
- Bryonia: If you have a throbbing pain in your joints, then bryonia is recommended. The symptoms tend to worsen in cold weather.
- Calcarea fluorica: This remedy is recommended if the pain tends to improve with the application of heat. The symptoms include swelling of the joints and formation of nodes. It is especially used if the arthritis develops after an injury.
- Kali carbonicum: If the joints are extremely stiff with the pain aggravating during the early morning hours, then this remedy is prescribed. It also helps if the symptoms tends to worsen in damp and cold weather.
- Pulsatilla: This remedy is prescribed in cases where the intensity of the pain keeps on fluctuating and also if the pain is not localized. The symptoms tend to worsen in warm conditions and improve in cold conditions.
- Rhododendron: Rhododendron is recommended if the symptoms of arthritis tend to flare up and aggravate in cold conditions. Generally the pain increases during the early morning hours or if you stay stationary for a long time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.