Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abeed Salaya
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Abeed SalayaYour feedback matters!
I am 63+ years male a diabetic for 25 years under medication but not under insulin. I have a reasonably active lifestyle and I am occupied as a trainer with a large company. Of late, I am experiencing pain from my buttocks downwards the pain traveling down the thighs upto the calves. Is there any specific change in my lifestyle or diet necessary along with a change in medication necessary? I am now taking the following: 1 tab galvus 50 + 1.5 tab glizid Mr. 60 before breakfast and 1 cap ecosprin av 75 + 1 tab glycomet sr 1 after dinner. My sugar level, both fasting and pp have always been more than normal levels but never alarming. Please advise. Regards.
Rotator cuff constitutes the muscles and tendons that hold the shoulder in position. It is a crucial component of the shoulder as it helps in lifting the arm to complete any task. Repetitive actions, deterioration with age or an outstretched hand can lead to a sudden tear.
4 Important Things To Know About Rotator Cuff Repair
An injured rotator cuff can be repaired surgically. Arthroscopy and open surgery are among the techniques used to fix a tear of the rotator cuff surgically. An arthroscope is a tube-shaped apparatus made of a system of lenses, a light and a small video camera. The camera is linked with a monitoring system to view a joint via a tiny incision.
1. Before the surgery:
Blood tests and other diagnostic tests might be carried out by a healthcare provider to ensure that the patient is in good health prior to the procedure.
2. Things to inform the healthcare provider before the surgery-
The healthcare provider must be informed of a few things prior to the surgery:
- Details of allergy or reaction to latex, any medicines, tape or anaesthetic agents
- Information related to bleeding disorders or the intake of anticoagulant or blood-thinning medicines
3. Details of the procedure:
During the rotator cuff repair procedure, anaesthesia is administered as per the patient`s requirement. The details of the procedure are mentioned below:
- The patient is made to wear a gown.
- An intravenous (IV) line is started on the arm of one of the hands.
- The anaesthesiologist monitors various aspects such as the blood pressure, heart rate and blood oxygen level of the patient throughout the procedure.
- The skin above the surgical site is then cleansed, using an antiseptic solution.
- An incision is made in the shoulder area as per the kind of surgical procedure required such as open surgery or an arthroscopy.
- The arthroscope is then inserted via the incision.
- A graft tendon will be taken from another part of the patient’s body to repair the wounded tendons and muscles.
- Stitches or surgical staples are used to close the incisions after which a sterile bandage or dressing is applied.
4. After the procedure:
- The sensation on the arm is monitored after the procedure. The patient can go home once his/her pulse, blood pressure and breathing are stable.
- The surgical area must be kept dirt-free and dry after the procedure. A pain reliever is usually prescribed for soreness.
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair is an effective treatment if a patient is not satisfied with alternative medical treatments, such as anti-inflammatory medicines and steroid injections. The procedure is usually done as part of the patient’s stay in a hospital or on an outpatient basis.