Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
I am a 23 years old man and I believe I am suffering from adhd for the last 6 years it has had negative impact on my studies and my social life I am able to concentrate on my studies my mind keeps on wondering to random thoughts, I procrastinate work too much, I cant sit still and breathe easy, there is a feeling of something brewing in the area just below my stomach and above the rectum, I over think a lot mostly about negative thoughts what should the course of treatment for me?
My son is 13 years old and he weighs approx 70 kg what should I do to make his weight normal. His height is approximately 5.3 feet.
Hi, I have 3+ years daughter. She eat very less and weak. Also she under weight. Could you please suggest how we can improve her eating habits. Thanks.
Sir my son is 2.5 yrs old and he doesn't speak anything only say papa very rarely, what is the problem and what should I do.
My baby boy is 3 month old and not responding to see object and sound. So Dr. suggested for EEG. Result showing generalized epileptiform abnormality with posterior emphasis (modified hypsarrthymia.).
My son is 3 years old. His skin at the arms, shoulders, cheeks has got small pimples and it is rough and itching. He got this since he is 1 year old. Please let me know what is to be done.
My mother is ill now so my aunt is giving breast feed to my brother. Is there any problem to give breastfeed to a child of other lady?
Is cyclopam safe for baby of a year old if he has stomach ache with smelly potty. Potty is little watery too 3 to 4 times a baby. Please tell.
My baby has cold & cough before 15 days treated with antibiotics, antihistamine till he having cough what shall I do?
I'm breastfeed my 14 months old baby but I am losing weight gradually every month I am loosing 1-2 kg. Is it normal or there is any health issues.
My son's age is 3 years he had uti two months ago. His USG show hydronephrosis with visicourerater reflux. The DPTA scan show GFR 46 for right kidney and 86 for left kidney with PUJ suspected. His blood and urine test are absolutely normal. He is quite normal since last 30 days without any medicine. Is this will overcome as he grown up as some doctor saying or we should go for a surgery.
Please suggest some solution which can used for cough n cold for 2 months infant. So that it can used in nebulizer .also suggest home remidy we can use it.
Hi, My sister adopted a baby boy having 4 month we don't know how we will care? Can you please give some tips how could we care, what type of Food , timing, oil, medicine for digestion . Everything.
Baby is 28 months old, now he is gasping a lot, breaths too fast and not eating and not active, if we wake him up then he resists to have medicines or eating, he watches Tv but not active, doctor gave him nebulizer morning and afternoon, still he is breathing so fast and he is very tired to do anything.
I have a daughter who is 8.5 years old. Actually her problem is that she does not want to eat and she is underweight. Whatever she eats she eats with water. What should I do sir?
My 16 year old daughter is having mild fever ranging from 98 to 99.3 degrees since last 13 days. Her CBC report shows readings in normal range. It started with cold and cough. Now, she gets fever around 99 deg. Mostly during night. She is feeling very weak. Her blood sugar levels are on border line. Please advise.
Dental care is of utmost importance. Poor dental health can cause you several problems, from a mild toothache to severe pain. Here are 10 foods which will help you maintain your healthy teeth. Read on to find out more about it:
- Cheese: Cheese, particularly aged cheese like Cheddar, Swiss and such are beneficial for your teeth. They increase the pH scale in your mouth and effectively prevent tooth decay. It also consists of protein and calcium, nutrients required for strengthening your tooth enamel.
- Yogurt: Like cheese, yogurt also contains calcium and protein for tooth enamel. Probiotics or the beneficial bacteria present in yogurt are good for the gums as well.
- Leafy Vegetables: Spinach and kale promote oral health. They contain calcium, which is good for your tooth enamel. They contain folic acid, a B vitamin which has a lot of health benefits and also helps to prevent gum disease.
- Apples: Apples contain high fiber and water, which are beneficial for your teeth. While eating an apple, a lot of saliva is produced which washes away the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Carrots: Carrots are also crunchy like apples and also contain high fiber which is beneficial for teeth. They also contain vitamin A which is also highly beneficial.
- Celery: Celery contains vitamins A and C which are very beneficial for the gums. They are also crunchy and hence help scraping away bacteria and food particles from your teeth.
- Almonds: Almonds are a great choice as they are low on sugar and have high content of calcium and protein.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are very beneficial for your teeth. Strawberries consist of vitamin C, different antioxidants and malic acid, which help in naturally whitening your teeth.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a substance called 'Allicin' which has strong anti-mycobacterial properties, and is thus beneficial for your teeth. It helps to prevent periodontal disease and fight tooth decay.
- Meat: Meat in general is beneficial for maintaining healthy teeth. Meats consist of a lot of protein, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which are important for healthier teeth.
Sensory integration therapy has been specially designed to assist children who are facing issues in processing sensory information. As a part of this therapy, children undergo repetitive exercises that helps them to experience touch and other sensations more accurately. Sensory integration therapy aims to adjust the way children respond to physical sensations.
Autism's symptoms include difficulty in processing sensory information, such as textures, smells, brightness, sounds, tastes and movement. These difficulties can make ordinary situations feel overwhelming and interfere with daily function leading to isolation of individuals and their families.
Sensory integration therapy uses play activities designed to check how the brain reacts to sight, touch, movement and sound. Some children experience an overload of sensory information and are hypersensitive to certain types of stimulation.
When they have sensory overload, their brains have difficulty in processing or filtering many sensations at once. On the contrary, other children are under sensitive to some kinds of stimulation, which means that they do not process sensory messages quickly or efficiently. These children struggle to understand, respond and organize to the information they take in from their surroundings and finally get isolated from their surroundings. The therapy is designed for children with sensory processing issues, including dyspraxia, ADHD, autism and spectrum disorder. It might also be used with young children who show signs of developmental delay.
Sensory integration therapy is fun for kids because it resembles playtime. It is done in a specially designed setting where kids are required to play with balls of different sizes, textures and weights. Sessions involve playing with clay and other materials. Children are asked to bounce, swing or spin on special equipment.
The therapist gradually makes these activities more challenging and complex. The therapy exposes children to sensory stimulation in a structured, repetitive manner.
This is based on the theory that the brain will adapt and allow them to process and react to sensations more efficiently in the due course of time. Sensory integration therapy is provided by occupational therapists certified in sensory integration, which effectively means that therapist can plan strategies for use in therapy sessions to help a child with sensory issues. As therapists may only see a child an hour or two a week, therapy extends into the home and in school in form of a sensory lifestyle. Caregivers work with therapists to create a detailed schedule of therapies specific to each child, which may require adaptations to make the home such as creating quiet spaces and reducing visual clutter, are often suggested.
There's no harm in having one's child try sensory integration therapy. But one must be aware that there may be more effective ways to help the child with sensory issues. The protagonists of this therapy claim that it can help kids learn and pay attention in a more efficient manner.