Doctor in Jagadish Clinic
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Jagadish ClinicYour feedback matters!
Doctors keep learning from research conducted on different types of diseases and their treatments. In the case of lactose tolerance, the conventional wisdom has been that the condition may actually start setting in by the time the baby turns 2 years, but it may not manifest itself till the child reaches adulthood. However, later research has revealed that not only does lactose intolerance occur as one ages, but there are other considerations besides the age of the person, which determine lactose intolerance and its intensity.
Production of Lactase: There is no difference of opinion that the basic cause of this condition is directly related to the production of an enzyme, lactase within the body. This enzyme is produced in the small intestine, and once its production tapers off or stops completely, lactose intolerance surfaces. Lactose intolerance refers to the manner in which the body reacts to the consumption of milk and some foods made with milk. Chemically, milk is described as a combination of one portion galactose and one portion glucose. When milk is consumed, these two are broken down with the help of the lactase enzyme.
Age Does Matter: When researchers started studying cases of lactose intolerance reported at different locations or parts of the world, the patterns that emerged showed a slightly different picture. It is true that the age of the person diagnosed with lactose intolerance does matter. As mentioned, it can start in kids as young as 2 years, but definitely, many symptoms may appear only later in the adolescence period. But some people may develop the condition much later. This means, they might not have faced lactose intolerance to begin with, but as they grow older, their body’s ability to produce lactase may dwindle and even disappear and that is when the condition could be noticed and if left untreated, it can become serious too.
Other Factors Relating to Lactose Intolerance: While remaining with the same conviction that age is in important factor in the onset of lactose intolerance, there are other significant indicators which have relation to the genetic composition of the person. For example, in a mixed race population or country such as the US, among whites, the condition may not occur before 5 years of age, while among African-Americans, it occurs by the age of 2 years. Among the Asian population also the occurrence of lactose intolerance is very common, whereas in some European races, the condition is rarely noticed.
How to Manage with the Condition?
It can be easily diagnosed by Lactose Hydrogen breath test (LHBT). If you have already been diagnosed with lactose intolerance, there is not much you can do to improve or induce lactase secretion. The only way is to avoid milk. But there are some products such as butter and some specific types of cheese that can be consumed. Many manufacturers mark the packaging of their products to indicate if they can be consumed by people who are lactose intolerant. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Severe pain during intercourse causes difficulty in a relationship in both partners. Sometimes a sustained occurrence of pain might be an indication of some serious medical dysfunction. As such, consult a doctor as soon as the pain arises. Contrary to popular beliefs, sexual pain can occur in both male and female.
In female, the reasons behind the painful sexual intercourse might be:
- Vaginismus, a condition when the vaginal muscles tighten up mainly due to anxiety or fear and cause significant pain with a tearing sensation.
- The pain can arise due to vaginal infection due to yeast or any form of sexually transmitted disease or pelvic inflammatory diseases.
- A severe injury in the vagina during childbirth or any other accident and psychological stress can also cause severe pain during sex.
- Sometimes, uterine or menopause problems (formation of fibroids in the uterus) can also cause pain.
- Cyst formation in the ovary or endometriosis (when the inner tissue lining of the uterus tends to grow outside) can also cause severe pain during intercourse.
- Some men can experience pain during intercourse because of allergy to the fluids of the vagina or the chemical content of certain contraceptives.
- You can experience pain because of undiagnosed sexually transmitted diseases like herpes or gonorrhea
- The pain might also occur due to urinary tract infections or side effects from certain medications.
- Severe pain just a few moments before ejaculation can be a result of inflammation of the prostate glands and should be immediately diagnosed as it might be a signal of prostate cancer.
For treating pain during sex in female, you should opt for the following procedures
- If the pain is caused due to vaginal dryness after menopause, you should consider the application of prescribed lubricants or jellies to reduce the pain.
- If the pain occurs due to severe anxiety or stress, sex therapy can help you improve physical intimacy.
- If there are other symptoms like severe bleeding or irregular periods in addition to the pain, a visit to the physician is recommended.
Quite similarly in men
- If the pain occurs due to severe anxiety or stress, sex therapy can help you improve physical intimacy.
- If the pain results from side effects of certain medications, you should try changing your prescribed medication after doctor’s suggestion.
- In extreme cases, the doctors might suggest hormone replacement surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hives or urticaria is an outbreak of reddish swollen bumps around the skin surface, formed mainly due to the body’s response to particular allergens. Generally, the infectious bumps are of varied shapes and sizes and last for about 5-6 weeks. Although not a serious medical condition, hives can cause tremendous discomfort to the concerned person and affect his/her daily activities. Hives can be cured with a prescribed dosage of antihistamines or oral corticosteroids.
Causes of hives
Although the exact reason behind their formation is still unknown, researchers suggest that this disorder occurs as a response to involuntary histamine release by the skin blood vessels (that in turn, causes a leakage of blood plasma). Some other factors that can be responsible are:
- Hives can occur due to insect or parasite bites.
- Hives can also result as a side effect of painkillers such as codeine and other anti- inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen or ACE inhibitors.
- Excessive exposure to sunlight or high levels of stress (leading to high cortisol levels in the body) can also result in hives.
- Intense scratching around the same spot can also result to hive formation.
- Excessive alcohol intake can render you even more vulnerable to this disease.
- Excessive intake of foods such as eggs, fish, nuts, chocolate and berries might also cause hives. Additionally, excessive consumption of certain food preservatives can also trigger the release of histamine.
- Suffering from serious underlying medical conditions such as cancer, hepatitis or thyroid disorders can make you prone to chronic cases of hives (which might last for more than 6 weeks).
Symptoms of hives
The symptoms of hives include, but are not limited to:
- Appearances of several reddish welts around the face or arms which might cause a severe itchy sensation.
- Painful and abnormal swelling around the mouth
- You might also feel tightness in your chest along with recurring bouts of dizziness.
If not treated promptly after diagnosis, hives might result in life-threatening allergic reactions, such as Anaphylaxis (narrowing down of the bronchial tubes, thus causing significant breathing trouble) and auto-immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A woman suffering from PCOS must have two of the following three criterias
- Oligomenorrhoea (delayed and scanty menses) and /or anovulation (Hampered growth of Graffian Follicle of ovary ,leading to non- ovulatory cycles)
- Hyperandrogenism (Increased secretion of androgenic hormones in females). It is clinically manifested as increased facial and body hair growth, acne (pimples) etc. It is also revealed in blood tests as increased levels of testosterone, DHEA etc hormones.
- Polycystic appearance of ovaries that is seen in sonography.
- Alteration in Gonadotrophin releasing hormones with preferential production of Leutinizing Hormone (LH ) over Follicle Stimulating Hormone ( FSH )
- Insulin resistance at receptor level resulting in Hyperinsulinemia in blood
- Elevated levels of Free Testosterone and Androstenidione
- Decreased levels of Sex Hormone Binding Globulin ( SHBG ) Clinical significance
- Irregular menses
- Dyslipedemia ( increased cholesterol levels )
- Development of Type -2 Diabetes in later years of life - Subfertility
- Increased incidence of early pregnancy loss
- Higher risk of pregnancy complications like Gestational Diabetes, Pregnancy Induced Hypertension, Preterm Birth etc
- Obstructive sleep apnea etc Treatment
- Weight loss by following healthy diet and bringing modification in lifestyle
- Exercise on regular basis
- Medicinal treatment which include both hormonal and non-hormonal agents
- Surgical treatment which include cosmetic surgeries as well as ovarian drilling
PCOS is a spectral disorder, some women have very mild form while others may suffer more. The treatment options depend on woman’s age, symptoms, marital status, and eagerness to conceive. Regular and long term follow up with your Gynaecologist should be done. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
There is a general belief that homeopathy is a line of medicine that takes a holistic look at the human body and not in a localized manner. Every condition is diagnosed based on its history and the underlying cause and the other parts of the body the disease or disorder may be connected to. The case of joint pains and arthritis is no exception. If you feel pain in your joints and approach a homeopathic practitioner, the process will be to make a diagnosis in this way only.
It’s Not Always About Medicines
There is this misconception that homeopathy is all about medicines and concoctions that are prescribed for treatment of diseases. It is usually more than that. As mentioned above, the practitioner will consider several aspects. These will include the style or the way the pain is experienced by the patient. For example, a person who feels pain in the knee joints may feel severe pain when waking up in the morning, but the pain will reduce in intensity and relief will be experienced as he or she moves around. This may repeat alternately while resting and when being active. This kind of pain will be treated with a different remedy than the direct localized application of a gel or other preparations. Alternately, when the pain shoots up as the person moves, the treatment needs to be of a different kind.
A Large Volume of Research is Undertaken
Practitioners of homeopathy themselves and others who are keen to know if it is really that effective as a form of medicine undertake a lot of research on the way homeopathy approaches its methods of treatment. In these experiments, the researchers from 2 groups with similar conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis and offer them treatment, one following homeopathy and the other a different method. And the results have always proven that homeopathy has evolved better ways to address the condition and offer longer lasting remedies.
Lifestyle Choices Reviewed and Corrected
Another additional form of the remedy suggested within homeopathy for the treatment of joint pains and arthritis or any other form for that matter relates to the changes being suggested in the lifestyle of the patients.
These are besides the medicines prescribed for the remedy and will cover the food intake; things that should be avoided or taken in larger amounts, dropping certain habits and inculcating others and so on. Consumption of alcohol, for instance, is generally discouraged because it interferes with the internal medicine being taken. This is true for most allopathic drugs also, but it is not given the same emphasis there as it is done in homeopathy.
There are other similar suggestions made during the treatment of joint pains through the homeopathic route which comprises medicines and counselling. The medicines will also have the external components and the internal ones. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Once the heart surgery is complete, the initial recovery process from the wounds and incisions can take almost two months. The doctor will give you instructions on how to take care of yourself post-surgery so you recuperate faster and be back in the pink of health.
Road to recovery
- The first step is to take care of the wounds; make sure that you keep the area of the incision dry. Avoid taking baths for the first few days. If you notice any sign of infection such as redness around the area, pus oozing out or high fever, then do not waste time consult a doctor. Experiencing symptoms such as the breastbone shifting and cracking when you move should not be disregarded at all.
- Post-surgical pain is another area that you need to address. The area adjoining the incision can be painful till the first few weeks pass and there may be pain and stiffness in the surrounding muscles as well. In case of a bypass surgery, the legs may hurt if the veins from the legs were used as grafts. The pain and the soreness will recede with time.
- Avoid heavy activity for the first two months post-surgery. Start with small tasks, and gradually build up your activity levels so that the body gets used to it. Avoid activities such as standing for 15 minutes or more at the same place and lifting heavy things. Make sure to consult your physiotherapist before you start with light exercises such as walking.
- The recovery process also depends on the type of food you eat; because eating healthy food can certainly rev up the recovery process. Initially, you may not feel like eating much, so get your appetite up in a gradual manner. It is best to avoid any junk meal at this point in time as that can adversely affect your body’s metabolism even further. It is important that you get the required amount of rest so that your body can recuperate. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My mother is planning to go amarnath. While testing medical. We noticed Heart beat 51 bpm. Under ecg report. Pls advise is it ok? because her mother also have same heart beats recorded usually.
We live in a world where technology rules our day-to-day lives and anything that may require manual labour is left to someone else. We usually have help around our homes and offices and hardly have to lift a finger or even our heads, when we are in front of our screens. While the trend of being technologically equipped may be the way forward in today’s world, it also has definitive down-side, it affects our health in many ways.
Those whose jobs require them to be constantly on their seats and who may have to work seated in a single spot for the major part of the day may experience some amount of stomach and digestion issues, which leads to the development of constipation. Constipation is a problem in which people may find it difficult to pass regular stools and may face discomfort in the stomach all through the day. In cases where the problem goes unchecked, it may also lead to greater issues such as piles and fissures, which is why it is important to have the problem treated without delay.
The safest way to bid goodbye to constipation
Many who are under allopathic medication tend to believe that by taking syrups and tablets their health issues will be solved. However, in case of constipation, it is important to understand that conventional medication may be able to provide only temporary relief and the problem may reappear after stopping the medical treatment. In order to be able to get long-term results, it is important to target the root cause of the problem and make sure that the entire digestive system is treated instead of just treating constipation.
One of the safest and most effective types of medication to treat the digestive system and the problem of constipation is to opt for homeopathic medicines that help in addressing the root cause of the issue, without causing any harm to the organs of the body, as is done by regular allopathic medicines. Homeopathic medicines also make sure that the patient does not feel drained or drowsy and ensures that no side effects are caused.This means that an active body may be able to respond to the medicines in a more effective manner.
Choosing the right practitioner
The growing popularity of homeopathy as a stream of medicine and treatment has made it possible for patients to have more access to it. However, it is also seen that a huge number of non-reliable practitioners also practice this system of medicine. You must ensure that you go to a qualified homeopathy doctor to get the correct dose and course of treatment. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!