Doctor in Hyderabad Diabetes Centre
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Hyderabad Diabetes CentreYour feedback matters!
“Kya haar me, kya jeet me, Kinchit nahi bhaybheet mai,
Kartavya path par jo bhi mila, Yah bhi sahi, wo bhi sahi,
Vardaan nahi maangunga, Ho kuch par haar nahi maangunga” - Atal Bihari Vajpayee
His leadership, foresight, maturity and eloquence put him in a league of his own. Atal Bihari Vajpayee, the Gentle Giant, passed away on 16th August. He was suffering from urinary tract infection. His previous medical records include stroke, dementia, and diabetes. He sometimes fails to recognize people and is often confined to a wheelchair. Let's know about the disease-
What Causes Urinary Tract Infection?
Kidney Tract Infection is a form of UTI (Urine Tract Infection) that generally begins in Urethra or Bladder and spreads to one or both of the Kidneys. This Kidney infection is caused by bacteria which enters the Urethra and multiplies in the Bladder, then infection spreads to Kidneys.
Here are the reasons that help the bacteria enter the Urethra:
- Toilet Hygiene
- Female Physiology
- Urinary Catheter
- Kidney Stones
- Enlarged Prostate
- Sexual Activeness
- Weakened Immune System
Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infection
The symptoms depend on the part of the Urinary Tract infected. In lower UTI, the following symptoms are noticed:
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Frequent urination (with less urine passing)
- Blood with urine
- Urine looks cloudy
- Dark colored urine
- Strong odor of urine
- Pelvic pain
- Rectal Pain
The Upper UTI is a severe one, and shows the given symptoms:
Treatments for Urinary Tract Infection-
The treatment may differ from person to person depending upon the seriousness and position of the infection. The infection of Upper Urinary Tract can be life-threatening as it affects Kidneys, a type of Urinary Tract Infection, our former Prime Minister is suffering from. Lower UTI is not as dangerous as the upper one, but is a serious issue.
A treatment can only be commenced based on the test results which shows where the infection is, and what type of bacteria has attacked the Urinary Tract. For most of the cases, the infection is treated with Antibiotics and other medication.
The 93-year-old former Prime Minister had only one functional kidney and had suffered a stroke back in 2009 which weakened his cognitive abilities. He was admitted to the AIIMS but on June 11, 2018, with a kidney tract infection, chest congestion and the urine output on the lower side.
Some Interesting Facts About The Man Himself -
- He was the first person to give a speech in Hindi at the UN General Assembly in 1977. He served as India’s Minister of External Affairs at that time.
- The former Prime Minister was known to have been a good cook. While serving time in prison during Emergency, in Chandigarh, he reportedly became the “head cook”.
- In 2015, Vajpayee received Bharat Ratna, the country’s highest civilian honor from former President Pranab Mukherjee.
- He is the only Parliamentarian to be elected from 4 different Indian States- Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh.
- His birthday, 25 December, was declared “Good Governance Day” as recognition of his services to the nation.
- Matter of ‘13’ :
- In 1996, he was PM for 13 days
- In 1998– 99, he was PM for 13 months
- On 13 oct 1999 he took oath as PM of India for the third time
RIP Atalji - You will always be missed by every Indian!