Doctor in dr sarata babu
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for dr sarata babuYour feedback matters!
Any surgery that requires an incision will involve sutures or staples as the last step of the procedure. This helps close the incision and keep out infections. Taking care of your stitches can help limit scarring and discomfort and speed up the healing process.
Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Keep it clean and dry: For the first few days, use a washed wet cloth to clean the incision site. After a few days, you may start washing the area with soap and water unless advised else wise by your doctor. Ensure that you dry the skin thoroughly after washing it. Avoid baths that involve soaking the area in water. Also, avoid swimming. Do not use any powders, lotions, creams, deodorants etc on the wound site.
- Look out for signs of infections: Avoid activities that may involve exposing your wound to dirty water, chemicals, dust etc. This increases your risk of infections. Also look out for signs f infections such as redness, swelling, pus or bleeding, fever or increased pain from the wound. In case you notice such signs, consult your doctor at the earliest.
- Do not scratch: As it heals, your skin is likely to turn itchy. However, refrain from scratching so as to reduce chances of infections. Do not try and pull away from the scab but let it fall off on its own. This will also help limit scarring.
- Limit contact: Avoid wearing tight clothes or anything that sticks to the skin while your wound is healing. Instead have plenty of loose, comfortable clothes easily accessible. Also, do not take part in close contact sports such as football etc until the stitches have healed completely.
- Change your dressing regularly: A dressing should be changed as soon as it gets wet or soaked with blood or other body fluids. Wear clean medical gloves while changing a dressing. When putting on a new dressing do not touch the inside of the dressing or apply any creams on the stitches unless advised so by your doctor. In the case of removable stitches, the doctor will usually remove the stitches after a few days. DO not attempt to pull the stitches out on your own.
- Avoid exposing the wound to sunlight: New skin that forms as the incision heals is very sensitive to sunlight and gets sunburnt very easily. Limiting your exposure to sunlight can help reduce the effects of scarring. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A variety of methods are used during natural childbirth to help the mother. Pain management techniques other than analgesics and epidural analgesia include hydrotherapy, massage, relaxation therapy, hypnosis, breathing exercises, music therapy etc. These days ldr (labour, delivery and recovery) rooms are available in many hospitals for a better experience of the delivery as the husband or any other close relative can be present in these rooms along with the labouring mother throughout labour. The comfort of these rooms along with safe analgesic methods help in increasing the incidence of natural childbirth.
Some myths are attached with labour and the methods used in aiding the mother during labour-
1. Epidural analgesia leads to caesarian sections in most cases.
This belief is still held by some, but recent studies have shown that epidurals do not cause an increase in caesarian sections. In fact this aids in making the labour smoother and by reducing the extreme pain it helps the mother both mentally and physically.
2. Induction of labour always leads to a faster labour.
Some mothers wish for a normal delivery but do not want to wait for natural pains. They want to deliver on the day of their liking. This can be done by induction of labour. But induction of labour does not always work. It works best when the cervix has already begun to soften and dilate. You may go in for your 39 or 40 week appointment hoping for a labour induction only to be told that your cervix is not favourable to be induced
It is also possible to have a failed induction. This means that inspite of giving full dosage of labour inducing drugs you do not get pains at all.
3. Childbirth is best without any medication.
Natural childbirth, with the aid of relaxation exercises and deep breathing in between contractions, offers one option for pain management. But there are situations when labour is much prolonged due to a slight abnormal presentation of the babyâs head, or the uterine contractions are not effective or the mother has got exhausted, here medication will definitely help in aiding the mother to go through the labour and have a normal delivery. Therefore an unmedicated birth is ideal, but a happy, healthy birth is also possible with the use of medicines.
4. Once a caesarian birth always a caesarian birth.
This may or may not be true depending on the reason of your caesarian section. Vaginal births after caesarian are becoming increasingly more common. You will need to discuss with your doctor whether a normal delivery will be possible for you.
8. Next labour will be easier.
This may or may not be true for you. Generally speaking, consequent labours are shorter in duration, but that is not always true. Shorter does not always mean easier. This time your baby could be bigger than your first or the babyâs head could be in a slightly abnormal position leading to a longer labour which could be even longer and more difficult than the previous one. Also if there is a long gap of many many years in between the pregnancies then it may be like the first labour.
All said, always think positive, labour is a wonderful experience. The pain just vanishes on seeing your babyâs face. Take antenatal classes where you are told about various exercises which will help you go through a smooth labour. Discuss with your doctor about various pain relieving methods during labour. God has made all women brave enough to go through a normal and natural childbirth.
Daily requirement: Children: 10-15 mg/day
Adults: 10 mg/day
Premenopausal women: 15 mg/day
Pregnant women: 30 mg/day
Iron is required for
i) Formation of haemoglobin in blood.
ii) For muscular activity.
Sources of Iron:
Animals products (eggs).
Green leafy vegetables.
Dry fruits, like dates and raisins.
Human milk, which contains about 1 mg/litre
Iron deficiency causes:
Iron in excess causes:
- Temperatures are beginning to rise gradually and soon we will be welcoming summers. But this change of weather phase often leads to a fresh spurt of infections mainly viral with symptoms such as headaches, bodyache, cough cold and flu like symptoms. Also respiratory and skin allergies tend to get worse at this time.
- With the days being hot and nights and early mornings cold it is difficult for the body to adjust to the environment. It is essential that we keep warm at these times to avoid sudden temperature drop in the body and exposing it to infection.
- Also eat healthy and avoid outside food at all times. Keep away from cold water and cold drinks yet. It will again mess up with your body temperature.
- There are quite a few homeopathic medicines which help in ailments from change of weather, or cloudy weather, or when the days are hot and nights cold.
- It is advisable to take homeopathy treatment for chronic or frequently repeating ailments as they can be kept at bay with homeopathic treatment.
Nature and wellness
Horse gram - the miracle pulse (continued)
Unbelievable health benefits of horse gram.
- Renal recovery: horse gram has astringent and diuretic properties, hence it is excellent to restore renal health, (kidney health) urinary discharge, kidney stones. Scientific studies have shown that horse gram inhibits formation of calcium oxalate stones in kidneys. When made a part of weekly diet (twice a week) it helps in prevention of kidney related health issues.
- Increases sperm count and overall sperm health: the nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, iron and amino acids present in horse gram promote sperm count. Horse gram also removes impurities from sperm and makes the sperm more motile thus increasing the fertility quotient. Ayurveda uses horse gram for treating fertility related issues in men.
- Diabetes and obesity: in my practice, I have seen good results with people who are diabetic or obese, after introduction of horse gram into the diet. Horse gram being high on protein and fiber, low on carbs and having an excellent lipid profile, it helps in reducing blood glucose levels and reducing weight. It also the phenol content gives it the ability to attack fatty tissues.
- Menstrual irregularities: irregular menstrual cycle or or scanty bleeding, consumption of horse grams is very effective in menstrual corrections, the strong iron content of this pulse helps in boost hemoglobin levels which is lost during menstrual cycles.
In my next post on this I will cover, the ways to include horse gram into our diet, and the time of the day it should be had, also I will explain how it is effective in enhancing body's immunity and in natural treatment of bronchitis/asthma and gastric issues.
Homoeopathic remedies for flat chest in woman
- Sometimes a woman's breasts don't develop much during puberty but she remains" flat-chested" - without any or much palpable breast tissue. Typically, flat-chested girls do have a nipple that looks swollen or elevated, but for some reason the breasts don't grow in size at all. Flat-chested girls do get pubic hair and start menstruating just normally and their breasts do have milk glands - it's just that the breasts don't grow in size like most girls.
- Unfortunately experts like doctors and lactation consultants don't really know why this takes place. It is known that typically flat-chested women's hormone levels are just fine and they can often successfully breastfeed, so it may be that this represents a problem in the connective tissue inside the breast and not in the actual duct / alveoli system of the breast. It has been suggested that maybe flat-chested women's breast tissue is insensitive to normal levels of circulating hormones.
- But no matter what the cause, it won't hurt to eat healthy so as to give your body the best chance to have everything working properly.
- During pregnancy the breasts do usually develop more and grow in size, and flat-chested women can breastfeed and produce milk. A totally flat woman's breasts can grow to a a or even b cup during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. However, obviously with small'storage space' the baby might need to nurse quite often
- A flat chested woman is not abnormal in the sense that her breasts are functional and can make milk. She's also not abnormal in the sense that there are many many other women out there with a flat chest (or almost that). They typically used padded bras so you don't necessarily notice it from outside unless you know the person
- It is true that a flat-chested woman's breasts did not develop as most women's, and lack the fatness, but like already noted, it is not known why this is.
Flat breasts especially if associated with scanty periods respond miraculously to homoeopathic treatment
- Onosmodium - onosmodium is one of the best remedies for undeveloped breasts with infantile ovaries and uterus. The person experiences aching of breasts and itching of nipples. Menses too early and too profuse. Sexual desire completely destroyed. Soreness in the uterine region.
- Sabal serrulata - sabal serrulata is another best remedy for undeveloped breasts. Breasts undeveloped and shiveled with infantile uterus and ovaries. Suppressed or perverted sexual inclination.
- Onosmodium given infrequently followed by sabal serrulata - changed the life of young girls with atrophic breast.
- Iodum -iodum is effective for undeveloped breasts with loss of flesh with great appetite. Great debility, the slightest effort induces perspiration. All glandular structures atrophied. Dwindling of mammary glands
- Pusatilla, bryonia and belladonna - in cyclic rotation makes the breast became firm, roundish and smooth.