Doctor in Citizens Speciality Hospital
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Ankle Sprain
Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Treatment of Muscle Weakness
Treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Frozen Shoulder
Submit a review for Citizens Speciality HospitalYour feedback matters!
Dislocation refers to an injury, which causes the bones to abnormally separate from each other in the joint, which is the meeting place of the bones. Dislocation causes intense pain and is most common in the fingers, shoulders and the elbows. Although a timely diagnosis can make your pain go away, any future injury in the tendons or the ligaments might bring back the injury.
What can cause a dislocation?
The causes of dislocation are as follows:
- A body joint can get dislocated if you have suffered a fall.
- If you are into any form of sports that requires strenuous physical activity and intense exertion on certain body parts like gymnastics, football or volleyball you have a chance of suffering from dislocated body joints.
- Automobile accidents can also cause dislocation of joints.
- Some People who are with a loose ligament and are more likely to get a dislocated joint than other people. This may happen without the influence of a major physical trauma or stress.
Understanding the signs and symptoms
In the majority of the cases, a dislocation of the joint is easily detectable as it induces inflammation along with redness and deformation of the affected area. Some of the other symptoms that might occur as a result of the dislocation of the body joints could be:
- You might experience severe pain while moving the dislocated joint.
- There will be a lack of sensation near the dislocated portion.
- There might be a stinging sensation in the dislocated area.
- In certain areas you may not be able to move the joint at all
If you have a dislocated joint, the doctors can easily relocate them. Depending on the amount of swelling and pain you are experiencing, the doctor might administer local anesthesia during the process. If the joint dislocation is too severe or has multiple instances of dislocation, then you may have to undergo surgery. Surgery may also be suggested if the adjoined ligaments or tendons are severely affected along with the joints.
A human body has a total of 206 bones, and yet it makes life a living hell, if even one of them is harmed. A person living with Osteoporosis feels the same way, except that they are a lot more prone to having their bones broken than a person who doesn’t. There are a variety of ways to go about treating the issue and one of them involves making use of parathyroid hormones. This is a pathbreaking cure for Osteoporosis and is being adopted by many patients worldwide.
If a person takes a look at the drugs which are made use of in the treatment of osteoporosis, he or she will release that their main function is not to repair what is damaged, but rather to slow the rate of further damage like Bisphosphonate.
However, if parathyroid hormones are looked at, it will be seen that they are usually recommended for those people who may even already had had fractures on account of osteoporosis. These people are generally said to have low bone density, which can be quite dangerous. The reason for this being the case is the fact that when parathyroid hormones are used, they have the potential and the ability to increase the rate of growth of the bones; in terms of the mineral density of the bones as well as the strength of the same.
Teriparatide comes in a pen-like device so that it can be introduced into the body by the way of an injection to either the thigh or the wall of the abdomen. It is important to keep in mind that the medicine should be handled with care which goes to mean that it is to be refrigerated at all times.
It is also to be kept in mind that the medicine can have certain side effects. In most cases in which side effects occur, the medicine leads to some dizziness or some leg cramps.
Taking into due account the fact that the drug is a new one, many doctors would not recommend it to people who have problems with their bones other than those which are caused by osteoporosis. Examples of such conditions would be hypercalcemia, which is a condition in which there is too much calcium in the blood or bone cancer. In addition to this, the medicine is not to be used by a person for a duration which is longer than two years.
All in all, it can be said that if a person makes use of parathyroid hormones to treat a problem that can be as bad as osteoporosis, the effects can be quite startling, and that too, in a positive way!
Cervical osteoarthritis is also known as cervical spondylosis. It is a medical condition which involves changes in the joints of neck, bones and discs. This is generally caused due to the deterioration of the muscles owing to old age. With age, the cervical spine breaks down and loses all its fluids. This leads to stiffness in the spine. It occurs usually in middle aged and old aged people. This causes stiffness and severe neck pain. Corrective surgery is helpful to cure Cervical Osteoarthritis.
Symptoms of Cervical Osteoarthritis:
- Pain and stiffness in the neck.
- Headache which usually emerges from the neck.
- Severe pain in the arms and shoulder.
- Not being able to turn the head or neck fully while driving.
- Muscle spasm and abnormal reflexes.
- Grinding sensation or noise caused while bending the neck.
Cervical Osteoarthritis can be cured by physiotherapy in the following ways:
- Heat modalities- In this method the pain and stiffness is reduced by putting heat on the affected area. This type of therapy is called heat therapy.
- Neck exercise- Regular stretching and bending exercises for the neck can reduce pain and stiffness
- Manipulating therapy- This form of therapy is used by massage therapists. They massage and manipulate the joints so that the muscles can function smoothly.
- Hydrotherapy- This therapy involves exercising in a pool. Hydrotherapy is extremely beneficial for people having severe joint pain and stiffness.
- Cervical traction- This is a common non-surgical treatment which cures pain in the neck by opening the cervical foramen (hole or passage).
Physiotherapy is the most natural and safe way of curing cervical osteoarthritis. If you are diagnosed with cervical spondylosis, you should start physiotherapy as soon as possible.
Bones are similar to a porous framework which is filled with minerals that make it hard and strong. With age, there is gradual degradation and the mineralized portion is lost, thereby leading to thinning of the bone. The word osteoporosis literally translates to porous bones, which is due to the gradual demineralisation. In addition to the natural ageing process, there are other diseases that can accelerate the demineralization process.
Women are more prone to demineralisation, and after the age of 40, they should take extra precaution to slow down the onset of the condition. The following are some ways to improve bone health and halt osteoporosis in the long run-
Diet: Ensure that your diet has sufficient amounts of vitamin D and calcium. Though calcium is the essential mineral for bone formation, vitamin D is required for the absorption of calcium, and therefore both these elements play a vital role in maintaining the quality of the bones in our body. Most people require about 1,000 mg of calcium and about 500 units of vitamin D for optimal bone health. This requirement goes up slightly in postmenopausal women.
Sun Exposure: In most people, exposure to the sun allows the body to make vitamin D, but careful sun protection prevents this from happening. Also, with age, the body’s ability to form intrinsic vitamin D also declines. The body, therefore, relies on supplements. Most dairy products are good sources of calcium. In addition, spinach, salmon, turnips, and broccoli are some calcium-rich foods. Supplements of calcium carbonate or calcium citrate can be taken if your diet is lacking in calcium. Vitamin D also should be included in the supplementation. The treatment for osteoporosis is incomplete without these two supplements.
Exercise With Weights: The constructive tension that exercise puts on the body helps in bone building, whatever the age may be, which prevents the onset of osteoporosis. Any exercise which improves muscle mass strengthens the bones, and puts stress on the bones is advisable. Since the fractured area due to osteoporosis mainly includes the spine, lower back exercises, yoga, tai chi, and abdominal exercises all work wonders. Pick any of these and do them for 30 minutes three times a week.
Quit Smoking: Continuing to smoke while taking osteoporosis medications is completely useless. Nicotine negates all the effects which defeat the purpose of taking the medication and is as good as taking no medication at all. So if you want the bone thinning to stop, stop smoking.
Alcohol Consumption: While a drink or two per week is permissible, more than this can harm the bones significantly.
Constant Health Watch: Talk to your doctor about how other routine medications (if any) can affect your bone health. Also, identify how frequently you should check your bone mineral density and stick to the schedule.
Bone health and osteoporosis can be managed with some conscious efforts.
I am having back pain, and its pinching, I will difficulty when I woh after sitting for a long time. Not able to bend, it's been 5 days. Slowly the pain is going down on my legs also. Pls let me know what can I do for immediate relief.
I have had minor back pain the past few days in my lower left back but today the pain has increased immensely. I can barely walk with the pain and it hurts to bend over. I was just wondering what this could be as it is internal and cam out of nowhere.
Restless leg syndrome is a condition where the nervous supply to the lower legs (and sometimes hands) is affected. The person has a constant urge to move the legs due to the tingly sensation or the pins and needles sensation and so this condition is called as restless legs syndrome (RLS). It is almost never a standalone condition and is often associated with other nervous system conditions.
It is a progressive condition and aggravates with time. The patient may experience episodes of this disease. Most people might experience this problem at night due to which a lot of patients complain of disturbed sleep and restlessness while sleeping.
While there is no permanent solution to this condition, there are various home remedies and techniques which can help control the condition. Read on to know more.
- Trigger agents: Some people are able to identify triggers like caffeine or chocolate which induce the condition. The first step would then be to avoid using these, especially before sleeping.
- Exercise: Any form of exercise, which gives a good workout for the leg muscles is recommended. This could range from a 30-minute brisk walk to stretches depending on the person’s overall health status. This is known to induce a good sleep, reduce muscle tension and relax the mood. Choose yoga, gym, cycling, or any form which suits your overall health and schedule.
- Massages:Hot or cold massages, often used alternately, can help in relaxing the muscles. This also helps in reducing tension and improving overall sleep. The ideal time for the massage is the evening so that RLS does not affect during nighttime.
- Diet: A diet rich in vitamins and minerals can prove to be helpful. This is because proper muscle and nerve function requires various minerals like zinc, potassium, calcium, sodium, etc. Diet rich in these helps in improving muscle and nerve function and thereby control RLS.
- Sleep pattern: Sound sleep practices like having an early dinner, a quiet room free of digital media, optimal temperature, and relaxing ambience helps in a better sleep. This has shown to reduce the incidence of RLS and evidence of sound sleep.
- Medications: RLS can also cause mild to moderate pain in the affected legs, and so pain killers can be used once in a while if the pain is not bearable. These should be used only rarely and continued use can lead to stomach ulcers and bleeding. The above mentioned nonmedical methods should be tried before trying medications. Anticonvulsants have been used to control RLS if pain killers alone are not adequate. In more severe cases, antiparkinson drugs are used with great success.
Panchakarma is an ayurvedic technique which is used to detoxify the body, boost the immune system and restore the balance in the body. Due to lack of exercise and a poor diet, the waste material generated by the body is not effectively discharged. This causes accumulation of toxins in the body that can result in diseases.
Panchakarma can be used to treat and heal the pain in the joints and the spine. There are specific treatments in panchakarma that targets these regions, they are:
1. Abhyanga - Abhyanga is a technique where warm oil is used to cover the entire body. The oil is then gently massaged so that it can penetrate the underlying tissues. It is used to lubricate the joints, muscle toning and to increase blood supply around nerve endings.
2. Pindasweda - In this technique hot cotton bags consisting of herbs, rice, and sand or medical powder are used to massage the body. This rejuvenating therapy induces perspiration in the body by which the herbs and the heat penetrates into the body. It is used to treat problems of the joints such as gout, arthritis, and sciatica.
3. Upanaha - A combination of herbal medicine is applied to the affected part and then covered with medicinal leaves. The herbs help in easing the muscles and tendons of the affected part. It relieves pain, reduces swellings and improves mobility in the joint.
4. Kati vista - In this treatment, medicated oil is pooled into a collar made from dough and then placed on the lower back for a specific amount of time. It strengthens the lower back, lubricates the spine and acts as a muscle pain reliever.