Submit a review for Autism ClinicYour feedback matters!
Which protein powder is good as there are many protein powders are there .in the market. Can you please suggest to me?
Eggs are usually the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of a protein source that is cheap and easily available. You can eat them boiled, fried, scrambled or pair them with other foods. They are a powerhouse of nutrients such as vitamins and minerals that nourish your body.
Here are the reasons why eggs are considered to be the perfect super foods:
- Eggs contain Antioxidants: Eggs contain antioxidants such as Lutein and Zeaxanthin that help in providing nourishment to the eyes. It prevents certain diseases such as macular degeneration and eye cataracts.
- They are a nutrient powerhouse: They contain heart healthy fats, protein, Vitamins, minerals and other trace nutrients. They are also rich in Phosphorus, iron and Vitamin A. Don’t throw the yolk away fearing its cholesterol content as it contains most of the egg’s nutrients.
- They promote satiety: The carbohydrate content in eggs not being excessive, it spares the blood sugar levels from the dreaded spikes. Also, the high protein content of eggs tends to promote satiety. Eating eggs on a regular basis as a part of a healthy diet is known to reduce weight and lead to fat loss.
- They are good for your hair and skin: They contain Vitamin B12 and sulphur, both of them being panaceas of skin and hair related woes. Eggs are known to be the best sources of keratin (a type of protein present in nails and hair) in terms of bioavailability. (Bioavailability is how well a nutrient is absorbed by your body.)
- Boosts good cholesterol levels in the body: Regular egg consumption has been shown to increase good cholesterol levels (HDL) in the body, which in turn reduce chances of stroke and other heart diseases.
- They contain protein in good amounts: Eggs are the cheapest source of proteins and also the most readily available ones. They contain all the 9 essential amino acids that are required by the body. Eggs are one of the most preferred foods to gain muscle as the protein from eggs can easily be absorbed by the body.
Sir, my wife is suffering from hepatitis B (hbsag). Should hepatitis B is infectious while sex. It spreads to me or it won't spreads.
I am 26 years old Male. I am a veterinarian and as per requirement of my job I have to travel a lot to remote places. Further, my work involves long hours of working in an office without much physical movement. Request you to suggest a health diet plan for me which can be available everywhere.
I had cold for 10to12 days, after that I cured. But again now I'm affected by little bit dry cough & runny nose with sometimes sneezing also. So what can I do.
There are many food items which would become stale after a few hours, but there are certain foods which may last forever without the need to can them or freeze or dehydrate. If an individual is new to the field of food storage, these staples can be an excellent way to begin.
- White rice: There are numerous researchers who have found that polished or white rice keeps up their nutrient content and flavour for almost 30 years if it can be stored in oxygen-free containers in temperatures that range below 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Brown rice, on the other hand, doesn’t last more than six months owing to the availability of natural oils in the bran layer.
- Honey: Honey is preferably the only food that would last forever due to the perfect chemistry and the handiwork of the bees. The nectar extracted from the flower gets mixed with the enzymes present in the bees’ bodies which alter the composition of the nectar. The nectar is further broken down into simple sugars and is accumulated in the honeycombs. The processing, as well as sealing of the honey, is primarily responsible for the incredible shelf life.
- Salt: Since sodium chloride is a mineral which is taken from the natural components of the earth, its shelf-life should come as a natural consequence. It is used for centuries as a means of preserving other food products as it can extract out all the moisture. But this doesn’t indicate that the table salt would last forever. Experts say that the addition of the iodine to the table salt reduces the shelf life of the salt which means that if the label says that it is an iodized salt, it will not last over five years.
- Soy sauce: When left unopened, a container filled with soya sauce would last for a significantly long period. But it is also dependent on the type of soy sauce and the additives used. Even if the soy sauce has been opened, this salty condiment will last for many years if stored in the refrigerator.
- Sugar: Quite similar to many items, the storage process of the sugar determines whether the sugar is going to last for long or not. Granulated and powdered sugar must be kept under an airtight condition to steer clear of moisture. Although retailers are needed to provide the manufacturing dates of the sugar, manufacturers say that the sugar remains edible even if it has hardened and become brown.
- Pure maple syrup: Pure maple syrup, as well as commercial sugars such as granular sugars and honey, has an irresistible life owing to its shield against any kinds of microbial growth. Unopened maple syrup shall last forever, and in case there is the formation of mould, boiling it to a certain degree and skimming the surface and ultimately pouring it to a clean and air-tight container would eliminate all the problems.
- Clarified butter: This kind of butter is boiled unless the total moisture is extracted, which is the reason that it doesn’t go bad. As long as the clarified butter or ghee is stored in sealed container under cool temperature, it would last for about 100 years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
A diet is something which takes a lot of effort and also a person’s will to become a better form of him or herself. After all the thought, persistence and work that goes into the process of planning the diet and the mental fortitude of going for it; can you imagine the disappointment which is inevitable when it fails? If nothing else, there are reasons why this is so!
- It takes time: When it comes to dieting, it is quite unfortunate to see people think of the process as a quick fix in order to meet a body target. It is often the case that these people slip back into their old dietary ways as soon as they can. Going back to eating things which are unhealthy is really bad after going on a diet as the weight of the person then starts to change. A change in mentality is required here as the person who goes on a diet should keep in mind the fact that a diet is something which is a change in lifestyle for the better and not a proverbial shot in the arm.
- Be realistic: Another reason why diets fail is on account of expectations of results which do not seem to be reasonable, by any measure. This happens to be the case in a surprisingly large number of instances. Results when it comes to health and fitness take a pretty long time to show; time which is spent consistently following the correct schedule.
- Don’t lose focus: While most diets are well intentioned, one of the issues when it comes to them is the fact that there is so much preparation behind it that when a person deviates even in a minor manner away from the plan, fatalistic thinking comes in and takes hold. In the end, the net result of all of this is the sad consequence that the diet is let go off. This occurs by the way of the person thinking that since he or she did cheat on the diet once, all is lost. It is to be kept in mind by a person who is in this sort of scenario that the fact that he or she did not follow the diet plan which had been set out but in its stead, completely contradicted it by the way of what was eaten, does not mean that he or she should give up!
Diets require persistence but they provide their benefits which are more than proportional!
Can I take lukewarm lemon honey water in the summer also or by taking honey my body will become warm and affect my pitta dosha?
Hello, My question is proteinx what effect in our body and what side effect our body. please any advice me is that true or false. Thank you.
Is drinking beer will gives any health related problems and is it improve your weight and drinking beer how many times in a week is not bad?
The battle of supremacy between processed and whole foods has been raging on for quite some time now. Which is better? Which is more nutritional? The debate seems a never ending one. This article will tell you the benefits and drawbacks of both types of foods. It’s for you to decide which one is better for you and which isn't.
Processed foods are foods which have been altered in some way or the other to make them healthier, to make them taste better or for storage purposes. Almost every day to day food that you consume is processed. Some examples of processed foods include breakfast cereals, cheese, milks, soft drinks, bread etc.
Advantages of processed foods
Here are some advantages that you drive home from processed foods:
1. Processed foods like different types of jams and juices taste very good and last longer, making them a part of every household.
2. Processed fruits, vegetables and herbs, when stored in cans, tend to be free from bacteria and other harmful agents.
3. They are easy to purchase because they are available in all seasons
Disadvantages of processed foods
Processed foods have their own set of drawbacks. Here are some of them:
1. Some processed foods are genetically modified, which may cause a negative impact on your health.
2. Foods tend to lose their nutritional value when processed.
3. Foods that contain added sugar and fat can lead to a lot of health problems like diabetes, heart diseases and other cardiovascular problems.
Natural foods are those which don’t undergo any change in the form of added color, sugar or flavor. Natural foods go straight from vegetable farms and poultry farms to the market where you can purchase them.
Advantages of natural foods
Fresh fruits, vegetables or meat are categorized under natural foods, including a host of other foods as well which are not processed. Here are their advantages:
1. Natural foods are as nature intended them to be. They contain no added ingredients or flavor.
2. A diet comprising of natural foods keeps many diseases at bay.
3. Natural foods are free harmful flavor enhancers like MSG
4. Natural foods are rich in vitamins and minerals which are necessary for a healthy you.
Disadvantages of natural foods
There are not many disadvantages of natural foods apart from the facts that they are difficult to store, spoil after a certain period and are not available all year round. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.