Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand
picked for you!
Show Doctors near me
That's all we have from Gopankoppa, Hubli-Dharwad. Here are some top doctors from nearby cities
Wilson's disease is a rare inherited disorder that causes too much copper to accumulate in your liver, brain and other vital organs. Symptoms typically begin between the ages of 12 and 23. Signs and symptoms vary depending on what parts of the body are affected by Wilson's disease. They may include:
• Fatigue, lack of appetite or abdominal pain
• Jaundice, a yellowing of the skin and the whites of the eye
• A tendency to bruise easily
• Fluid buildup in the legs or abdomen
• Problems with speech, swallowing or physical coordination
• Uncontrolled movements or muscle stiffness
HOW IS WILSON'S DISEASE DIAGNOSED?
Lab tests may include:
• Complete blood count (CBC)
• Serum ceruloplasmin
• Serum copper
• Serum uric acid
• Urine copper
Other tests may include:
• 24-hour urine copper test
• Abdominal x-ray
• Abdominal MRI
• CT scan of the abdomen
• Head CT scan
• Head MRI
• Liver biopsy
HOW IS WILSON'S DISEASE TREATED?
Treatment of Wilson's Disease is done through chelating agents that prompt organs to release copper into your bloodstream. Treatment also aims at preventing further copper build up in organs. Severe liver damage due to Wilson's Disease requires surgery
DID YOU KNOW?
The problem can turn out to be fatal in case the same is not treated on time with complete liver failure.