Doctors for Urine Stone in Sobermutt Galli, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Urine stones also called Kidney stones (renal lithiasis, nephrolithiasis) are small, hard mineral deposits that form inside your kidneys. The stones are made of mineral and acid salts. The signs and symptoms are:
• Severe pain in the side and back, below the ribs
• Pain that spreads to the lower abdomen and groin
• Pain that comes in waves and fluctuates in intensity
• Pain on urination
• Pink, red or brown urine
• Cloudy or foul-smelling urine
• Nausea and vomiting
• Persistent need to urinate
• Urinating more often than usual
• Fever and chills if an infection is present
• Urinating small amounts of urine
HOW IS URINE STONE DIAGNOSED?
The various tests done for diagnosis include:
• Blood testing. Blood tests may reveal too much calcium or uric acid in your blood.
• Urine testing. The 24-hour urine collection test may show that you're excreting to many stone-forming minerals or too few stone-preventing substances.
• Imaging. Options range from simple abdominal X-rays, dual energy computerized tomography (CT), ultrasound, a noninvasive test, and intravenous urography,
• Analysis of passed stones. one may be asked to urinate through a strainer to catch stones that you pass. Lab analysis will reveal the makeup of the kidney stones.
HOW IS URINE STONE TREATED?
Besides medication, doctor's schedule a surgery to remove the Urine Stones.
DID YOU KNOW?
Though not dangerous it is important to remove these on time or else they can lead to kidney problems.