Doctors for Teeth Grinding in Kundgol Cross, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Teeth grinding can be defined as a habit rather than a problem but in some people, it is a reflex action. Nevertheless, the issue of teeth grinding would cause teeth issues because your teeth tend to erode with all of that grinding. The common signs here are constantly gritting or grinding your teeth together. The impact is worse on the molars with a screeching sound that follows.
HOW IS TEETH GRINDING DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis for teeth grinding requires analysis by a dentist who would check your teeth for erosion and other related signs.
HOW IS TEETH GRINDING TREATED?
Treatment options that may include:
• repair of tooth damage
• fixing fillings that are to high
• a special mouthguard (‘bite splints’) to wear at night so that the guard is worn down instead of your teeth. In most cases, a bite splint will only help with the symptoms and will not stop you from grinding altogether.
• stress management therapy
• relaxation techniques
• cognitive behaviour therapy
• regular exercise
• medication that relaxes the muscles.
DID YOU KNOW?
Some of the many factors believed to trigger teeth grinding include:
• emotional stress, such as anger or anxiety
• mental concentration
• physical stress, such as illness, poor nutrition or long-term pain
• some dental treatments, such as fillings that sit ‘to high’
• drug use (particularly amphetamines)
• when teeth are coming through in babies and children.