Tearing eyes or watery eyes is a condition in which the eyes produce tears excessively. Excessive production of tears causes Tearing eyes. If tears do not contain the right balance of salt, water and oils, they cause dry eyes, which in turn causes overproduction of tears. Symptoms of Tearing eye are:
• Watering eyes
• Itching of eyes
• Dryness of eyes
HOW IS TEARING EYES DIAGNOSED?
Ophthalmologists conduct a complete eye examination and evaluate your symptoms as well. He may check for any eye infection that may be causing Tearing eyes. The doctor may also check if the tear ducts are blocked by passing a fluid through them.
HOW IS TEARING EYES TREATED?
In most cases, watery eyes will clear up without treatment. The treatment for watery eyes include:
• prescription eye drops
• treating allergies that make the eyes watery
• antibiotics if case of an eye infection
• a warm, wet towel placed on the eyes several times a day, which can help with blocked tear ducts
• a surgical procedure to clear blocked tear ducts
• surgery to repair or create a new tear drainage system (dacryocystorhinostomy)
DID YOU KNOW?
Tearing eyes that cause vision disturbances must be treated immediately