Doctors for Systemic Hypertension in Unaki, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Patient reviews for Doctors for Systemic Hypertension in Unaki, Hubli-Dharwad
Lybrate User's review for Dr. Ashutosh Wahi
dr wahi marvelous his experience appear in way of asking to patient. Read more reviews
Kalmesh's review for Dr. R. V. Desai
yea it was nice meeting doctor .... was satisfied with hi consultant Read more reviews
Systemic Hypertension is a condition in which the blood pressure in systemic arteries is very high. Systemic arteries are blood vessels that carry blood from the heart the body’s tissues other than lungs. The cause of primary Systemic Hypertension is unknown. Secondary Systemic Hypertension is caused by another medical condition. Systemic Hypertension does not show any symptoms until late. Symptoms are:
• Nausea or vomiting
• Chest pain
• Nose bleeds
• Vision changes
HOW IS SYSTEMIC HYPERTENSION DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis of Systemic Hypertension is based on persistent high pressure. A sphygmomanometer measures blood pressure. Secondary Systemic Hypertension is also checked by cardiologists by diagnosing for related ailments.
HOW IS SYSTEMIC HYPERTENSION TREATED?
The goal of treatment is to reduce blood pressure to lower the risk of complications. The doctor will advise some ways that include:
• Eat a heart-healthy diet, including potassium and fiber.
• Drink plenty of water.
• Exercise regularly for at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise a day.
• If you smoke, quit.
• Limit how much alcohol you drink to 1 drink a day for women, and 2 a day for men.
• Limit the amount of sodium (salt) you eat -- aim for less than 1,500 mg per day.
• Reduce stress. Try to avoid things that cause you stress, and try meditation or yoga to de-stress.
• Stay at a healthy body weight.
DID YOU KNOW?
Most people with Systemic Hypertension are unaware of their condition. It cannot be cured but managed with medications, diet and lifestyle changes. A low salt diet and regular exercise can control Systemic Hypertension