Doctors for Strep Throat in Victoria Road, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Strep Throat is a bacterial infection that causes inflammation and pain in the throat. Strep Throat is caused by group A Streptococcus bacteria. Although the severity of Strep Throat can vary from one person to another, some of its common symptoms include fever, difficulty swallowing, headache, chills, loss of appetite and red throat.
HOW IS STREP THROAT DIAGNOSED?
The doctor will examine the throat and check for signs of inflammation. He may also check the neck for swollen lymph nodes and ask about other symptoms. If the doctor suspects strep throat, they may do a rapid strep test in the office. The health care provider swabs the back of the throat with a long cotton swab, collecting a sample. He will then send the sample to the lab to look for signs of bacteria.
HOW IS STREP THROAT TREATED?
Sore throat is treated with remedies at home along with cough suppressants to relieve coughing and soothe the throat. One can also do gargle with salt and turmeric infused warm water. Drinking warm ginger and honey tea twice a day is suggested along with rest, warm fluids and lots of hydration the problem goes away in a couple of days. Cough lozenge and vitamin C juice helps to.
DID YOU KNOW?
If it’s left untreated, strep throat can cause serious complications. These complications include:
• an ear infection
• rheumatic fever, which is an inflammatory disease that affects the joints, the heart, and the skin
• post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis, which is an inflammation of the kidneys
• mastoiditis, which is an infection of the mastoid bone in the skull
• scarlet fever, which occurs when toxins created by the strep infection cause a scarlet-colored rash to develop on different parts of the body
• guttate psoriasis, which is a condition that causes small, red teardrop-shaped spots to appear on the body
• peritonsillar abscess, which is a pus-filled infection that develops in the back of the tonsils