Doctors for Strep Throat in Mandihal, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Strep Throat is one of the most common kinds of throat problems that one experiences. Symptoms include itchiness and irritability along with the feeling of trouble in swallowing. In sore throat there is also inflammation of the tonsils here followed constant pain. Change in voice with acute coughing and cold are also seen and there is hoarseness accompanying the same.
HOW IS STREP THROAT DIAGNOSED?
An ENT specialist diagnoses strep throat by the following tests:
1. Rapid antigen test
2. Throat culture
HOW IS STREP THROAT TREATED?
The doctor will prescribe an antibiotic to treat the infection. These medications inhibit the spread of bacteria and infections. In addition to antibiotics, there are at-home treatments to improve the symptoms of strep throat. These remedies include:
• drinking warm liquids, such as lemon water and tea
• drinking cold liquids to help numb the throat
• turning on a cool-mist humidifier
• taking over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen
• sucking on throat lozenges
• adding 1/2 teaspoon of salt to 1 cup of water and gargling the mixture
DID YOU KNOW?
If untreated, strep throat can cause complications, such as kidney inflammation or rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever can lead to painful and inflamed joints, a specific type of rash or heart valve damage.