Near lions school extension areaBagalkotFull Address
Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand
picked for you!
Show Doctors near me
That's all we have from Gopankoppa, Hubli-Dharwad. Here are some top doctors from nearby cities
Doctors for Sarcoidosis in Gopankoppa, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Sarcoidosis is an inflammatory disease in which granulomas, or clumps of inflammatory cells, form in various organs. This causes organ inflammation. Sarcoidosis may be triggered by your body’s immune system responding to foreign substances, such as viruses, bacteria, or chemicals. Some people with sarcoidosis don't have any symptoms. However, general symptoms may include:
• weight loss
• joint pain
• dry mouth
• abdominal swelling
HOW IS SARCOIDOSIS DIAGNOSED?
The doctor will first perform a physical examination to:
• check for skin bumps or a rash
• look for swollen lymph nodes
• listen to your heart and lungs
• check for an enlarged liver or spleen
The doctor may order additional diagnostic tests:
• A chest X-ray can be used to check for granulomas and swollen lymph nodes.
• A chest CT scan is an imaging test that takes cross-sectional pictures of your chest.
• A lung function test can help determine whether your lung capacity has become affected.
• A biopsy involves taking a sample of tissue that can be checked for granulomas.
HOW IS SARCOIDOSIS TREATED?
There is no treatment for Sarcoidosis, but symptomatic relief may be provided. Corticosteroids may be prescribed for treating the inflammation.
DID YOU KNOW?
Though it starts off on a mild scale, there is chance that this disease can get chronic. It is also an early sign of lymph node cancer.