Patient reviews for Doctors for Pink Eye in Gopankoppa, Hubli-Dharwad
Lybrate User's review for Dr. Ashutosh Wahi
dr wahi marvelous his experience appear in way of asking to patient. Read more reviews
Pink eye (conjunctivitis) is an inflammation or infection of the transparent membrane (conjunctiva) that lines your eyelid and covers the white part of your eyeball. When small blood vessels in the conjunctiva become inflamed, they're more visible. This is what causes the whites of your eyes to appear reddish or pink. Pink eye is commonly caused by a bacterial or viral infection or an allergic reaction. It may affect one or both eyes. The symptoms are:
• A gritty feeling
• A discharge that forms a crust during the night that may prevent your eye or eyes from opening in the morning
HOW IS PINK EYE DIAGNOSED?
To determine whether you have pink eye, your ophthalmologist will ask you about your health history and symptoms and examine your eyes. He or she may also take a sample of eye secretions for laboratory analysis if:
• You have a very severe case of conjunctivitis
• Your corneas are affected
• You've had repeated infections that aren't responding to treatment
• If your pink eye is caused by allergies, your doctor may suggest allergy testing to help determine which specific allergens to avoid.
HOW IS PINK EYE TREATED?
The treatment of Pinkeye includes depends upon the cause of the condition and in most of the cases, the doctor will prescribe medication. However, in some cases, Pink Eye can go away on its own.
DID YOU KNOW?
This is a highly infectious disease and it is recommended that people with pink eye avoid touching other people's food or eye-wear.