Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand
picked for you!
Show Doctors near me
That's all we have from Belavanki, Hubli-Dharwad. Here are some top doctors from nearby cities
Doctors for Neutropenia in Belavanki, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Neutrophils are white blood cells that protect the body from infections and Neutropenia is a blood condition that occurs when neutrophil levels are low. Neutropenia are of four types namely Congenital, Cyclic, Autoimmune and idiopathic. Some of the common symptoms of Neutropenia include fever, pneumonia, navel infection, and gum inflammation, among others.
HOW IS NEUTROPENIA DIAGNOSED?
A General Physician/Homeopath diagnoses Neutropenia by conducting a complete blood count, cytogenetic and molecular testing and bone marrow biopsy to determine the severity of the disease.
HOW IS NEUTROPENIA TREATED?
When deciding on treatment, health care providers consider the cause and severity of the neutropenia. Mild cases may not need any treatment. Approaches for treating neutropenia include:
• Antibiotics for bacterial infections, if the underlying cause is an infection
• A treatment called granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF). This stimulates the bone marrow to produce more white blood cells. It is used for several types of neutropenia, including congenital types. This treatment can be lifesaving in these cases.
• Changing medications, if possible, in cases of drug-induced neutropenia
• Granulocyte (white blood cell) transfusion
• Stem cell transplants may be useful in treating some types of severe neutropenia, including those caused by bone marrow problems.
DID YOU KNOW?
In adults, a count of less than 1500 neutrophils per microliter of blood is considered to be a case of neutropenia.