Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand
picked for you!
Show Doctors near me
That's all we have from New Cotton Market, Hubli-Dharwad. Here are some top doctors from nearby cities
NB or Neuroblastoma is one of the most common types of extracranial solid cancer that one experiences right from childhood. It usually affects kids under the age of two and the symptoms here include a tumor like structure in the abdomen, which eventually leads to a swollen belly and also signs of constipation. Alongside, one can also experience issues with breathing, weakness, trouble standing and walking, etc.
HOW IS NEUROBLASTOMA DIAGNOSED?
An oncologist would observe the symptoms and do a CT scan and biopsy to check for signs of malignancy.
HOW IS NEUROBLASTOMA TREATED?
The main treatments for neuroblastoma are:
• surgery to remove the cancer – sometimes this may be all that's needed
• chemotherapy (where medication is used to kill cancer cells) – this may be the only treatment needed or it may be given to shrink the cancer before surgery
• radiotherapy (where radiation is used to kill cancer cells) – this may sometimes be used after surgery to destroy any remaining cancer cells in the affected area
• high-dose chemotherapy followed by a stem cell transplant – where stem cells from your child are collected, frozen and stored prior to intensive chemotherapy, and are given back to them afterwards
• immunotherapy – where a medication that directly targets the neuroblastoma cells is given.
DID YOU KNOW?
Side effects can include:
• feeling sick (nausea) and being sick (vomiting)
• hair loss
• increased risk of infection
• bruising and bleeding