Doctors for Nausea in New Cotton Market, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Nausea is defined as a symptom of uneasiness and discomfort accompanied with feeling of vomiting and throwing up. Nausea usually happens because of overeating, sensitivity to certain smells, and also food poisoning. In most cases, nausea is a symptom of either pregnancy or some form of inherent stomach disorder, which is causing this reaction.
HOW IS NAUSEA DIAGNOSED?
Nausea is easily diagnosed as per the symptoms though a general physician may conduct blood tests, scans, etc. to check the underlying cause.
HOW IS NAUSEA TREATED?
Nausea does not always require treatment, but sometimes treatment is helpful. There are several things one can do to help, including:
• Drink beverages that settle the stomach, such as ginger ale or chamomile tea.
• Avoid caffeinated colas, coffees and teas.
• Drink clear liquids to avoid dehydration (if vomiting is associated with nausea).
• Eat small, frequent meals to allow the stomach to digest foods gradually.
• Eat foods that are bland and simple for your stomach to digest, such as crackers or unbuttered bread, rice, chicken soup and bananas.
• Avoid spicy foods and fried foods.
• over-the-counter medications
DID YOU KNOW?
Nausea or ""morning sickness"" is common during early pregnancy but may occasionally continue into the second and third trimesters. In the first trimester nearly 80% of women have some degree of nausea.