Doctors for Mouth Sores in Mallige Nagar, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
There are different types of mouth sores. They can occur anywhere in the mouth including bottom of the mouth, inner cheeks, gums, lips, and tongue. Mouth sores may be caused by irritation from:
• A sharp or broken tooth or poorly fitting dentures
• Biting your cheek, tongue, or lip
• Burning your mouth from hot food or drinks
• Chewing tobacco
HOW IS MOUTH SORES DIAGNOSED?
Mouth sores can actually be self-diagnosed. However, if you suspect some infection, you can visit a general physician who will examine the sores and may perform a biopsy if he suspects any serious ailment.
HOW IS MOUTH SORES TREATED?
Most mouth ulcers don’t need treatment. However, if they are extremely painful, a number of treatments can decrease pain and healing time. These include:
• using a rinse of saltwater and baking soda
• placing milk of magnesia on the mouth ulcer covering mouth ulcers with baking soda paste
• using over-the-counter benzocaine (topical anesthetic) products like Orajel or Anbesol
• applying ice to canker sores
• using mouth rinse that contains a steroid to reduce pain and swelling
• using topical pastes
• placing damp tea bags on your mouth ulcer
• taking nutritional supplements like folic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and zinc
• trying natural remedies such as chamomile tea, echinacea, myrrh, and licorice
DID YOU KNOW?
Mouth Sores can also be caused as a reaction to over the counter medication that is consumed to cure other conditions