Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand
picked for you!
Show Doctors near me
That's all we have from Malmaddu, Hubli-Dharwad. Here are some top doctors from nearby cities
Doctors for Monoplegia in Malmaddu, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Monoplegia is a condition in which a single limb is paralysed. Usually arm is paralyzed due to Monoplegia. Monoplegia is usually associated with cerebral palsy. It can also affect a single muscle. Symptoms vary depending on the affected limb:
• Difficulty in walking
• Spastic gait
• Muscle weakness
• Affected head movements
• Decreased sensation
• Numbing or tingling sensation in arms and feet
• Curling of fingers or toes+C73
• Pain in areas near the limb
HOW IS MONOPLEGIA DIAGNOSED?
The doctor will examine the patient and ask for details of symptoms which may include:
• Weakness or limpness in a single limb that does not appear related to another injury, such as a sprain, strain, or broken bone.
• Decreased sensation in a single limb. Some people also experience unusual “electrical” sensations, pins and needles, or unexplained pain.
• Curling of the toes or fingers attached to the affected limb.
• Difficulty with moving the limb that eventually leads to full paralysis.
• Pain in areas near the limb due to muscle stiffness and loss of muscle control. Some people may experience headaches, shoulder pain, and other ailments.
HOW IS MONOPLEGIA TREATED?
There is no cure for the condition however, physical therapy can be very helpful in managing the condition.
DID YOU KNOW?
People affected with Monoplegia usually carry out their daily activities on their own.