Doctors for Malaria in Bammapur oni, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Malaria is a life-threatening disease. It’s typically transmitted through the bite of an infected Anopheles mosquito. Malaria is transmitted by blood, so it can also be transmitted through an organ transplant, a transfusion or use of shared needles or syringes. Common symptoms of malaria include:
• shaking chills that can range from moderate to severe
• high fever
• profuse sweating
• muscle pain
• bloody stools
HOW IS MALARIA DIAGNOSED?
A physical examination of a patient with malaria by a general physician would reveal an enlarged spleen or liver. In addition to the characteristic symptoms of this infection a blood test would help to confirm the diagnosis.
HOW IS MALARIA TREATED?
Depending on the parasite causing the infection certain medications or a medications which contain quinine would be prescribed to patients. In severe or extreme cases hospitalization could be necessary.
DID YOU KNOW?
Health problems that may result from malaria include:
• Brain infection (cerebritis)
• Destruction of blood cells (hemolytic anemia)
• Kidney failure
• Liver failure
• Respiratory failure from fluid in the lungs (pulmonary edema)
• Rupture of the spleen leading to massive internal bleeding (hemorrhage)